Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: SheriffJoeArpaio] * 1
    #17461053 - 12/28/12 01:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SheriffJoeArpaio said:
The caps are inherently more dense in mass but the corresponding stem probably has the same amount of Psilocybin / weight.

However, it really depends on the type of cubensis(more importantly the species of mushroom.)

Closed caps strains will be fairly even throughout because their caps don't open / bloom late.

Mushrooms will stop producing Psilocybin when the caps open.
If are you growing open cap strains, it's very important to watch for this and pick the ones that open first.
The stems tend to grow faster than the caps so this will cause a phenomenon that will cause stems to have a lower amount of Psilocybin per gram than the caps.

Shady (or just unaware) growers will try and get them to grow as big as possible causing the mushrooms to have a low potency per gram if they are growing open caps.
(Ever got that reeeaaally big mushroom with an open cap that didn't seem to make you trip enough? Yeah.)

Hope this settles the issue.

Closed Cap - Very potent
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1c/DriedPcubensis2.jpg/325px-DriedPcubensis2.jpg

Open Cap - Not so potent
http://thebutterflydiaries.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/dried_cubensis.jpg

:aweshit:
So you bump a six year old thread and you give out bad information?
Nice first post there bud.
Welcome to the shroomery.

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKing of Pain
Male User Gallery

Loc: utah
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #17461079 - 12/28/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

interesting topic though, i've wondered myself.

OfflineImpsychosocial5
Stranger
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: gce21]
    #18742967 - 08/22/13 03:23 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I thought it was pretty easy to tell the difference between the stem high and the cap high just by observing different trips. If anyone wants to figure it out for themselves all you really need to do is eat a balance of stem and cap (ex. 3g stem 2g cap depending on how much you're. capable of doing) and observe how things move, expand, spin, etc. then next time do 5g's of stem and repeat the process. You will notice you're trip isn't as intense as when you had cap but its still a good trip. Then the next time do all cap, 3-5g's depending on how often you've done it. You will notice the high is pretty intense, even to intense to enjoy. But be carful when doing an all cap high because caps can be pretty intense and you can find yourself having trouble thinking straight for a long time or you may even black out, and of course it's never good to be blacked out or around someone who is blacked out cause you can be very destructive when you're walking around making no memory of things.

It's better to research you're ideas and get an answer then to argue and get no where.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: Impsychosocial5]
    #18743771 - 08/22/13 06:40 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Impsychosocial5 said:
I thought it was pretty easy to tell the difference between the stem high and the cap high just by observing different trips. If anyone wants to figure it out for themselves all you really need to do is eat a balance of stem and cap (ex. 3g stem 2g cap depending on how much you're. capable of doing) and observe how things move, expand, spin, etc. then next time do 5g's of stem and repeat the process. You will notice you're trip isn't as intense as when you had cap but its still a good trip. Then the next time do all cap, 3-5g's depending on how often you've done it. You will notice the high is pretty intense, even to intense to enjoy. But be carful when doing an all cap high because caps can be pretty intense and you can find yourself having trouble thinking straight for a long time or you may even black out, and of course it's never good to be blacked out or around someone who is blacked out cause you can be very destructive when you're walking around making no memory of things.

It's better to research you're ideas and get an answer then to argue and get no where.

If this is what you call research, please never get a job with any more importance than the service industry.

Psychedelics are very subjective. Your results mean absolutely nothing. You don't even have a control.

The way to figure it out is to separate the cap and stem, extract both separately and see what comes out. And that test has been done. They showed about .01% more psilocybin in the cap, and that was about it. Nothing you'd ever notice until you get into doses that are too big to physically eat.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #18743776 - 08/22/13 06:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

:whathesaid::lmafo:

Offlinetiltajoel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: New York, NY; Seattle, WA Flag
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: OZZ]
    #18744037 - 08/22/13 07:37 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

great info OZZ, thanks for posting. It's great to read about some guys culturing mushrooms at evergreen in the 80's...

OfflineImpsychosocial5
Stranger
Male
    #18749391 - 08/23/13 10:32 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you can't tell the difference without numbers doesn't mean I can't. You're just speaking out of ignorance like a child. Mushrooms effect others differently, and just because your to stupid to be able to observe on mushrooms doesn't mean others can't. Then again most people that listen to tap can't observe at all, even sober.

OfflineTrippy_Penguin
 User Gallery

#18749474 - 08/23/13 10:53 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Impsychosocial5 said:
Just because you can't tell the difference without numbers doesn't mean I can't. You're just speaking out of ignorance like a child. Mushrooms effect others differently, and just because your to stupid to be able to observe on mushrooms doesn't mean others can't. Then again most people that listen to tap can't observe at all, even sober.

English class must have been difficult.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
    #18749685 - 08/23/13 11:57 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Impsychosocial5 said:

I promise that I've eaten more psilocybin in general, and more active species than you have. If you can't find some hard data to back up your claim, then your argument is invalid.

Psychedelics are subjective. You cannot give a proper qualitative analysis between caps and stems. It just can't be done.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineImpsychosocial5
Stranger
Male
    #18753794 - 08/25/13 01:24 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well I have had countless stem and cap highs both high and low doses. I have noticed that every time I eat caps rooms expand and objects spin and morph but with stems they don't. And I've had many people with the same experiences say the same thing to me. But I guess there's a difference between experiencing mushrooms and examining it's effects and reading a document on the Internet.

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: OZZ]
    #18754110 - 08/25/13 05:26 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OZZ said:
I saw a very interesting post awhile back at the Nook, it showed a analysis of shrooms tested, caps vs. stems, upon several different flushes, I beleive over a four flush period.

Turned out that caps as a general rule had higher levels of Psilocybin, where as stems had higher levels of psilocin. But as a general rule it was not that much varience. Ill look for the post but the outcome was that it really didnt matter and there was no official determination. Eat both caps and stems and your covered :P

Ill look for the post....

^^ Although I know this is 137 years old I found this kind of interesting especially in conjunction with what someone else in the thread said about stems giving more "body high" than caps which are experienced as more of a "head" high. I find cubensis in general give me a much more bodily high than liberty caps (which I don't actually enjoy very much cos I don't actually like "heady" visually trips.) I'm certain I have seen research that states that cubensis are about 97& psilocin whereas liberty caps are like 80% psilocybin (slightly made the exact figures up but you get the trend :lol:)

Might do some research into just eating caps or stems - not so much for the potency but to see what kind of trip (although the research will be way set off by my bias expectations of what will happen) and also - with such a low amount of psilocybin in cubensis it prob wouldn't make a diff anyways

:cookiemonster:

Edited as I can't punctuate when I wake up in the morning :lol:

--------------------

Edited by Skinty (08/25/13 06:13 AM)

Offlinecrimsonking91
Stranger

Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: Skinty]
    #18775466 - 08/29/13 10:23 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I've eaten a dose of just stems and had a visual trip. About only two grams too so I don't buy the caps being more visual or potent. And I've never noticed potency loss on shrooms that have sporulated

OfflineElbowfleeze
Morphisis
I'm a teapot
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: Skinty]
    #26526392 - 03/09/20 11:19 PM (4 years, 19 days ago)

Dude. IME I've had way more intense trips when I ate 2 gs of caps. That trip seemed way stronger compared to an eighth full of stems. Just giving me experience. Have only done this once.

--------------------
TheAlmondTheory

Invisiblegizmo1
Other User Gallery

Loc: FREEDOM Flag
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: Elbowfleeze]
    #26526394 - 03/09/20 11:21 PM (4 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Elbowfleeze said:
Dude. IME I've had way more intense trips when I ate 2 gs of caps. That trip seemed way stronger compared to an eighth full of stems. Just giving me experience. Have only done this once.

:facepalm:

--------------------
Trade List
🖕🖕🖕
6 hole Mini Monos

OfflineMagic Mushpoon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: gizmo1]
    #26526486 - 03/10/20 01:28 AM (4 years, 19 days ago)

No need to bump a 6 year old thread to share an anecdote.

--------------------
:awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Potency Differences Between Caps and Stems... [Re: gce21]
    #26526622 - 03/10/20 01:28 AM (4 years, 19 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
:facepalm: bump

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate