Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
My turn to rant.
    #1745748 - 07/24/03 09:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

People.
People think that they are the only iltellegent beings on the planet, or in the universe whatsoever. They trash the earth, throwing out any ideas that maybe the universe is alive too. I look around, and notice that EVERYTHING about the earth that doesnt have to do with us is completely balanced. It is a perfect ecosystem.

What makes us stand out above the rest of the system is that we can communicate with eachother. This therefor makes us living i guess. These are only senses, and if I were deaf, blind, and completely numb it would not make me any less alive than anyone else. I still have a functioning body that lives without communicating on the same level as everyone else.

Are we limited to only 5 senses?
If I were blind, wouldnt i be wrong to assume everyone else was also?

The process of life is the same no matter what it has to deal with. Like all plants, and animals, we are birthed, we live, plant our seed and die. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water.

I dunno what im getting at, im sure this is all common knowledge to you all, but it really pisses me off sometimes to see how people can seperate themselves from nature and assume it doesnt have feelings too.

Do yourself a favor and give motherearth a touch sometime, and have a few words. Even though she doesnt have ears doesnt mean shes not listening.

Peace.

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: Quadrant6]
    #1745875 - 07/24/03 09:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I like it :smile: I think humanity in general needs to reconnect with nature, especially as I'm reading Food of the God right now, in which Terrance presents as the central idea the notion of an Archaic revival, returning in some way to the connectivity with nature, and the partnership societies, seemingly present in the late Neolithic, in which mushrooms may have played a central role, and been fundamental to what were the earliest religions. 

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1745887 - 07/24/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

here's hoping

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: Grav]
    #1746702 - 07/25/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, well, that's why it's important to study how other cultures managed to not rape our mother. there _are_ good examples.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1746718 - 07/25/03 02:36 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quadrant6 said:

What makes us stand out above the rest of the system is that we can communicate with eachother. This therefor makes us living i guess.

no, everything communicates with with everything else.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: My turn to rant. [Re: Malachi]
    #1746821 - 07/25/03 03:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

good rant =D /me gives mother earth a hug

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1746868 - 07/25/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Quadrant6 said:
I dunno what im getting at, im sure this is all common knowledge to you all, but it really pisses me off sometimes to see how people can seperate themselves from nature and assume it doesnt have feelings too.

Agree with all of what you said. Not only that, they assume that there will be no consequences, neither for the seperation, nor for the trashing of the planet. How can we help these people see what they are doing??

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: neutralizer]
    #1746877 - 07/25/03 03:36 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

To think that we are the pinnacle of intelligence in this vast universe is sheer arrogance... with a dash of ignorance.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1747402 - 07/25/03 09:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I definately think that everything communicates with everything else, its a mere illusion that we dont, however the general public is fooled. They need a physical device that will allow them to communicate. Maybe the pineal glad? :\

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: My turn to rant. [Re: Malachi]
    #1747458 - 07/25/03 10:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"yeah, well, that's why it's important to study how other cultures managed to not rape our mother. there _are_ good examples."

True, it's pretty much the exception to have developed a culture that degrades and exhausts it's resource base the way Western culture does as a rule. Those cultures that continue to hang on in the present, and they won't be around much longer, are so far removed from that known to Western people that I can't imagine the valuable lessons that can be taken from their examples would be adopted by Westerners; I think people are just too thoroughly enculturated into the materialistic mindset to change even in the face of impending doom.
  I don't see much hope, myself, having done my share of reading on environmental topics. There's so many issues that are so far advanced in a destructive, environmentally unsustainable direction that it would take a complete and immediate reversal of humanity's destructive ways to even bring a glimmer of hope, if it's not already just too late. And there's at least two billion more of us on the way by mid-century!
  I think we need to jetison all the politicians/business representatives running things into space and place philosophers, environmentalists, artists, and other people into power who aren't in it just for themselves.
  Maybe Mushroom John and Woody Harrelson can run this time :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology