Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

advice? will be tripping
    #1745146 - 07/24/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so I haven't tripped in about .. 2 years. Suffice it to say that it was a very very bad trip I experienced..
I feel sort of ready not, but for one occasionally recurring thought: that i'll somehow lose control and hurt myself badly, what with a knife or something..
It's partly irrational- and it's not really related to the bad trip at all. My first trip though, I used a knife- on an orange. It's almost as if a parental unit awakened in my head and went "Be careful, only make a cut through the skin of the orange so that you can rip the rest apart with your hands.. you're not in a state to handle it well right now", but without the words..

Hm.. i find it interesting that the bad trip took a minimum of 1.5 years to get over.. reminds me of mr mushrooms replying to someone advocating enlightenment from shrooms with something like "yes.. either that, or they make you go insane"

i've started a grow project, and I'd really appreciate advice.. I suppose its still over a month away, but..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: advice? will be tripping [Re: ]
    #1745281 - 07/24/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

don't limit yourself to having "good" or "bad" trip.. i had the same worry as you, as i KNEW i was going to have a bad trip... i kept putting off tripping in order to gain some stability, but then i realized i was just running away from the unknown and fear. so i took the mushrooms, wtih no hope or want to have a good trip... i didn't expect anything, actually.

with that mindset, i had a trip, it sent me into the depths of hell, but because i was not lamenting on going there, i took it in stride... i took everything that trip sent me in stride...... and some parts were extremely dark and disturbing, but i kept an open mind and didn't let any of it get to me.

you can't fear a trip, or the fear will take over you.... just open up and go...gogog.g.gogoogogog

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1745316 - 07/24/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

2.5 grams.

Then take it from there.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1745342 - 07/24/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just follow all the usual Rules! Set, setting, and all that jazz  :smirk:

I find the BEST way to enjoy a trip is to AVOID planning anything for it. Then you're not waiting for anything to happen, and you can just sit back and enjoy the ride, so to speak  :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: advice? will be tripping [Re: trendal]
    #1745554 - 07/24/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

looner: thats good advice.. I lost track of that for a moment. But at the same time.. I cringe at the memory of hell.. The outcome of each trip is in my hands, but the method of getting there is not

armfromtheabyss: Sadly, I have no scale. This may be hazardous to my health..

annd

trendal: I guess thats why first trips are almost always good? I know I shouldnt plan things, but part of me is really trying to use psychedelics to bolster brain function in some areas.. oh well

step by step

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1745562 - 07/24/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

A nickle weighs exactly 5 grams, maybe you could use that as a reference somehow?

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineQuadrant6
Blood Red Eyes

Loc: Holland
Re: advice? will be tripping [Re: neutralizer]
    #1745853 - 07/24/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It happens to everyone. Bad, good, theres no diffrence. Its a trip, sometimes you arnt prepared to handle it. I am very careful with my doses these days, and almost every trip I go on i end up regretting it coming up thinking theres no going back, im blowing past any form of sanity...then i have fun. Just remember to relax, and that you will come down. Once a friend was screaming for me to call 911, i said "Why?" ... "Because im dying!!!" ... "why, whats wrong with you" ... "i dunno" ... "you are on drugs, nothing can happen. The worse thing thats gonna happen is you will fall asleep, or piss your pants, or have a fucking wonderful time. You will wake up tomorrow no matter what, so enjoy it. If you have any fear whatsoever, look it in the face and ask it why its there, it will disappear" She then had the most wonderful trip of her life.

Just remember to face any fears instead of running from them. They are manifested by your mind, and you can make them go away. Death is never the way out, ever. Do not haave any sharp objects around, i suggest cutting oranges prior.

If you ever have problems, remember we are alive too, and we are here to talk the next day. Its a fucked up world that im proud to be a part of :]

--------------------
"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire."
Jorge Luis Borges

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1746755 - 07/25/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

> i'll somehow lose control and hurt myself badly, what with a knife or something..

If you are serious about that, you need a sober person you trust, to be with you while you trip.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: advice? will be tripping [Re: pattern]
    #1751275 - 07/26/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sadly, that's out of the question
I may be extremely delusional, but even on my first trip- a very happy one- I felt that I was being guided by an odd presence..

To make a long story short, the v bad trip was planned, and my upcoming one will be an important closure and introduction into something deeper.. or at least i was .told. so.

haha im not insane, dont worry.. maybe a bit delusional, but I cant help it

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1754698 - 07/28/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

> haha im not insane, dont worry

Sorry, I am worried... from all your talk you dont sound in the right mental condition for a trip.  Thats my opinion, I think you should get a trip sitter!  You sound a little depressed and/or suicidal!!! :eek: Usually not a good state to be in while tripping... especially alone.

Make sure you got lots of music, things to do, food, etc.  Remember, its all about the set and the setting, take care of that before you trip.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: advice? will be tripping [Re: pattern]
    #1755570 - 07/28/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm
your response worries me a bit.
i have a very,very limited choice for a sitter though

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1756170 - 07/28/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is a rather common occurace among people who experiement with psycheldelics. Everything is just fine and dandy until that first bad trip. Don't view your bad trip as a total loss. . . You had a miserable time, I'm sure, and you never want to be in a similar situation again, but more you trip the better your chances you'll encounter some negative emotions or experiences. You just need to learn how to focus your negative experience and make them into a positive one. You'll forever be tattoed with that bad trip and in some way or form you'll experience a bit of it each time you trip. But you never actually hurt yourself and even though it was a bad experience you came out of it fine... a little shaken, but fine. Now you can tell yourself that even though I'm freaking out, I'm going to be ok. I've went through this before and I can get through it again.

A lot of people encounter a bad trip and abondon psycheldelics for a long period of time. It doesn't really how much time you take off, you're still going to have to face your demons when you look down the barrel of a gun. . . so to speak. You're going to end up focusing on the negative even though you despretly want to avoid them, but try not to worry about it too much.

One of two things will happen, you will either focus on your previous experience so much you'll end up having a similar bad experience or you'll keep yourself active and occupied enough that your mind will focus on new and more wonderful experiences.

Once you trump your previous bad trip with a good trip you'll be on a roll again. Keep a good freind or two near by. Don't be affraid to tell him or her what you're experiencing. When, and if, you feel yourself entering a negative thought pattern don't just sit there and let it consume you. Get up, change your setting right away. Get your friend to take a walk with you, I assure you that will work. If you're capable of it, try to strike up a conversation with your friend or frineds about somethings that's totally of subject of what you're thinking. Bring up art, poetry, nature, music, sports, logic, religion, or just talk about some previous good experiences you had while tripping.

Make sure to drink some water. Take pleanty of deep breaths. Learn some basic meditation techniques. And most of all, try to avoid putting yourself in a similar position you encountered in your previous trip. Avoid oranges all together is possible.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds