Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStubaby
crosseyed andpainless

Loc: Dudley's Kitchen
Question about trip-suppression
    #1745273 - 07/24/03 06:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey everyone. While by no means do I consider myself an expert in the hallucinogenic realm, I have read much information on the subject and personally taken mushrooms 10-15 times and LSD 5 times. I'm hoping some of you could help me with your experiences and knowledge in the subject.

I took two hits of acid each of the past two nights at the Phish shows in Deer Creek, and I had previously ingested an 1/8th of mushrooms at a show during the winter tour. However, in each of these occasions, I did not experience quite the trip I was expecting based on previous usage of these drugs. The past two nights I felt a strong tingly sensation, like I was overflowing with energy, not to mention a lot of jaw clenching. The music also seemed enhanced, I could sort of "feel" the music. However, my thought processing remained normal, no so called mindf*ck and I had minimal visual aberrations. The same thing happened at the winter show when I took mushrooms. My friend, however, took just one hit one of the nights and had a really good trip.

So my question is can the mind diminish or suppress a trip in some manner? The only time this has happened to me was at concerts, so I think my mind sort of blocked the trip as so it wouldn't interfere with my intaking and enjoyment of the concerts. This of course seems odd, as I absolutely love listening to music during other trips I've had.

Anyways thanks for reading through this and any input you might have

Stu

--------------------
Well everybody's dancin in a ring around the sun
Nobody's finished, we ain't even begun
So take off your shoes child, and take off your hat
Try on your wings and find out where it's at.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Question about trip-suppression [Re: Stubaby]
    #1745555 - 07/24/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yes, the mind is a powerful tool it can make you feel messed up when youre not, and vise versa. but there are certain things that can inhibit your trip. niacin for one is a biggie. trippin pwople take it to come down off acid, do you take a multi vitamin? or niacin rich food's?
if so you may have your answer

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Question about trip-suppression [Re: Stubaby]
    #1745709 - 07/24/03 08:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

2 hits of acid and an 1/8 of shrooms and your wondering why you aren't trippin'?

It's called tolerance, be thankful for it.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience