Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Aphex Twin [Re: ThirdEye3]
    #1767120 - 07/31/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

of course I have rdj cds as well, but I have far more mp3s than cds so of course they get used more often :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: Turd]
    #1768094 - 08/01/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Richard D. James albulm I love songs 1,4,7,9 (I know the last two are Goon Gumpas and Boy/Girl song, respectively - or something similar)
I Care Because You Do, I love songs 1,2
SAW2, I love 1,3 on both discs
Come To Daddy, I love songs 1 and 2
Electronic Bubblebath #3 is great
I'm still exploring Druqks

OfflineTheThinWizard
Stranger

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #9721196 - 02/02/09 04:50 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Drukqs and Selected Ambient Works Vol II

These 2 albums could keep me entertained until the end of time.

Offlinedivergent
paranoid opioid
Male User Gallery

Loc: berlin, prag, london
Re: Aphex Twin [Re: TheThinWizard]
    #9721221 - 02/02/09 05:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

<3

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: divergent]
    #9723683 - 02/02/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I love me some aphex twin don't get me wrong but i don't get why people talk about him as if he is some sort of superhuman genius. There are plenty of other artists in the genre that are just as good.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlinepayam
Stranger

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9723982 - 02/02/09 04:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Aphex Twin is overrated :confused:

OfflineBlackPsmyth
The Black Psmyth

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Aphex Twin [Re: payam]
    #9725530 - 02/02/09 09:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=1001084612 check this guy out for some excellent aphexy sounds. Just found him the other day and he seems pretty unknown.

I've alwys had a special place in my heart for Aphex/RDJ. I used to only like his chiller songs like flim & iz-us... but i've eventually gotten really into his crazy acid sounds.

xmd 5a and klopjob are a couple of my fav tracks from analord. fenix funk is also pretty sweet.

Luke Vibert has some nice acid sounds that aren't so fast and nasty. LFO has a very deep ambient feel in some tracks, like afx's alberto basalm.

for aphex fans looking for more, the "watch & repeat play" mix has some good aphex twin tracks mixed together with lots of other warp records stuff. Luke Vibert "live at utrecht" has some afx mixes as well as some really good squarepusher mixes.

If anyone has some other rareish tracks like that, share plz :smile:

OfflineBlackPsmyth
The Black Psmyth

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
    #9725854 - 02/02/09 09:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=1001084612 check this guy out for some excellent aphexy sounds. Just found him the other day and he seems pretty unknown.

I've alwys had a special place in my heart for Aphex/RDJ. I used to only like his chiller songs like flim & iz-us... but i've eventually gotten really into his crazy acid sounds.

xmd 5a and klopjob are a couple of my fav tracks from analord. fenix funk is also pretty sweet.

Luke Vibert has some nice acid sounds that aren't so fast and nasty. LFO has a very deep ambient feel in some tracks, like afx's alberto basalm.

for aphex fans looking for more, the "watch & repeat play" mix has some good aphex twin tracks mixed together with lots of other warp records stuff. Luke Vibert "live at utrecht" has some afx mixes as well as some really good squarepusher mixes.

If anyone has some other rareish tracks like that, share plz :smile:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: BlackPsmyth]
    #9731879 - 02/03/09 10:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have I care because you do, come to daddy and his ambient albums. 

Any thing I am missing? I really dig I care because you do......... but the album has a few songs on it that ruin the album as a whole for me

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9732046 - 02/03/09 10:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I love me some aphex twin don't get me wrong but i don't get why people talk about him as if he is some sort of superhuman genius. There are plenty of other artists in the genre that are just as good.

Really?  Like who?  Post some examples, please.

Offlinepayam
Stranger

Re: Aphex Twin [Re: Viveka]
    #9732658 - 02/04/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Quote:

Kettel - My Dogan
Kettel - Myam James Part 1
Secede - Tryshasla
Subheim - Approach

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9733254 - 02/04/09 07:35 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9528104/an/0/page/2

Flashbulb - Kirlian Selections and Chris Clark are good places to start.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#9733351 - 02/04/09 08:28 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Quote:

Boards Of Canada

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#9746985 - 02/05/09 11:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
    Viveka said:

Quote:

Kettel - My Dogan
Secede - Tryshasla
Subheim - Approach
D4D0C8

I'm listening to some Kettel on YouTube.  It's decent.  Definitely not as "good" as Richard D. James and you may call that an opinion but I assert it as fact. Aphex is just more dynamic, more rhythmically interesting, more uniquely textured, more inventive, better produced. 

But I think the biggest point to make as to why people mention AphexTwin before Kettel or something like this is that Richard D. James has been doing his thing for 10 years longer than most others in the genre.  Most of the other stuff is also clearly derivative of Aphex.

Offlinepayam
Stranger

#9747852 - 02/06/09 03:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Quote:

Quote:
    Viveka said:

Quote:

Kettel - My Dogan
Secede - Tryshasla
Subheim - Approach
D4D0C8

I'm listening to some Kettel on YouTube.  It's decent.  Definitely not as "good" as Richard D. James and you may call that an opinion but I assert it as fact. Aphex is just more dynamic, more rhythmically interesting, more uniquely textured, more inventive, better produced. 

But I think the biggest point to make as to why people mention AphexTwin before Kettel or something like this is that Richard D. James has been doing his thing for 10 years longer than most others in the genre.  Most of the other stuff is also clearly derivative of Aphex.

i agree, he's a pioneer. he has influenced lots of artists. but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the best. emmm, maybe it does, but it doesn't necessarily mean he has the best IDM albums!!!
production wise kettel is as good as aphex if not better. the thing is few artists tend to become like legends and most popular. like Shpongle in psy chill. but i'm not looking for an artist who has influenced the genre, i'm looking for good music. and while i enjoy aphex twin alot but i refuse to agree with you on him being the best in the genre!!! he used to be the best, but everyone's time would be over, sooner or later!!! :mushroom2:

ps.

and please don't compare a song you heard on youtube with aphex twin as you probably have heard many of his albums.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9750504 - 02/06/09 03:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Viveka said:
Quote:

Quote:
    Viveka said:

Quote:

Kettel - My Dogan
Secede - Tryshasla
Subheim - Approach
D4D0C8

IMO Clark, Flashbulb, Autechre and Snares. Venetian Snares is more of a musical genius than Aphex Twin IMO but doesn't have the same level of creativity or emotion, his music takes a lot of getting used to though (album in my sig, especially tune szamar madar is considered "beginners" snares once you listen a bit more then "higgins ultra low", "winter in the belly", "huge chrome" and "Cavalclade of Glee" are his best IMO), , you have to wrap it around your head. Clark has more emotion and creativity than either. Flashbulb - Kirlian selections is a straight out amazing album. Autechre is the most experimental and challenging music out of them all, he really pushes the boundaries of what we conceive "should" be music, "Amber" is his best IMO with "Tri Repeate" a close second.

Quote:

Most of the other stuff is also clearly derivative of Aphex.

Oh, and this is bollocks. listen to some of the mentioned artists.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Edited by Grapefruit (02/06/09 04:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom