Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Casing layer, what to use??
    #1744198 - 07/24/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, Well I want to do a shit load of jars cuz my last grow turned out shitty cuz I'm still waiting for the cakes to grow some fucking balls and pin. I got 3 pins on 1 cake, and the newest one that sprung up seems to have a red head on the top of the pin but the rest seems to be dark almost black, I dont know if they are gonna abort or what not, I don't really care. I'm wonder what is the best casing layer to use? I don'y want to do verm and coco coir cuz I'm poor and don't feel like searching for that shit. I was gonna use jiffy mix, but I was told that I'd have to adjust the PH in it so fuck that idea. What can I use thats cheap and easy to find? I a 1/4 of one of my cakes about 2 weeks ago and dug a hole in a house plant and dumped it in there covered it and watered it once. Well I kindda forgot about it and I dug it up like 10 mins ago and holy fuck I got a brick of mycelium. So i took it all out stuck it in the bottom of a tupperware container wrapped foil around it(cuz its clear) And then added some more compost or whatever is in the plant some kindda soil, to the top and watered it then put a thin layer of some dry shit on it. I put tinfoil over the top pocked some holes and stuck it in a box in the closet. I'm just experimenting. I'm gonna see if mycelium will poke through the casing then throw it in with my cakes and see what happens. I like to experiment but I dont like to fail. So does anyone have a casing layer that they use that is easy to find and is cheap? I wanted to use jiffy mix cuz i can just go to walmart or lowes and get it when I pick up some more jars and Verm to do more jars. I dont think my pops will be down for driving around looking for somin so I can grow fucking mushrooms,if I had a crop already he would cuz hed be happy cuz I woulda gave him an 1/8 and that woulda shut his ass up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Casing layer, what to use?? [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1744241 - 07/24/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

T-Rex Forest Bed Expandable Substrate is this coco coir? Any other names it goes by? I might just have to go to petco and pick some up since everyone says use it.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1744255 - 07/24/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like it, I've seen it called 'Bed a Beast' Expandable Substrate.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1744265 - 07/24/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

BED A BEAST , PEAT MOSS , VERM , one the other , a combo .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Casing layer, what to use?? [Re: tripndicular]
    #1744390 - 07/24/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok well fuck coco coir i aint using it im getting some jiffy mix and doing da SOS tek fuck da BS, it sounds good to me.

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
    #1744645 - 07/24/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

rly man don't knock coco coir(bed a beast)that is probly your best bet man.if your trying jiffy mix it has peat in it you'll need lime and a PH meter you can't cut corners here,you said yourself you don't like fail.you must crawl before you walk.bed a beast is cheap like 5$ and that last a long ass time,alittle goes along way.trust me dude.i wish my mentor wouldn't have beaten this shit into my head.mistakes cost me alot of money, but i learned and you will to.

--------------------

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Casing layer, what to use?? [Re: charvo]
    #1744991 - 07/24/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well I want to go for jiffy mix cuz it has lime added to it for the PH, I aint going all out with the PH meter and all that bullshit, But I want to try that Seas of shrooms tek, and it seems cheap and easy. I don't think they are gonna have coco coir at walmart ill have to go to a petstore and ill get raped on the price im sure.

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1745016 - 07/24/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

coco coir i got for few buck at petsmart 1 block is a shit load even though it looks small cost is $3.69 coir

--------------------

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Casing layer, what to use?? [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1745033 - 07/24/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok well i said fuck the casing for now, I'm gonna do cakes again and dunk them b4 i birth them then im gonna roll them in verm. Wish me luck I'm planning on doing 24 jars tonite. Also I dont think this perlite it doing the job so well, usually ill have moisture on the top of the container but now i dont, so i stuck it in the garage to heat it up a bit so the humidity rises. I was think about getting one of those things for retile cages when I have enough money its a fogger you put it in water and it makes fog that is 100% humidity. I saw one on petco's site. It seems pretty pimp and its only 33 bucks and change.

Offlinetiredofwaiting
no longerwaiting

Loc: Third Coast
    #1745249 - 07/24/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Try this out, it worked fine for me. You can find miracle gro at any garden center for about 3-5 bucks, peat mos is around $3 verm $3 and oyster shell found at any pet or feed store is around $2-$3. Hope this helps!

--------------------
If Time is considered linear and represented by a straight line of 180deg. Then it is easy to conjecture that infinity/eternity can be identified by a circle . A circle has no beginning and no ending.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag