Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Silence of the grave [Re: wingnutx]
    #1748451 - 07/25/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man, now lets not be too hasty man...
Now your telling me the united states couldn't figure out a way to capture a 14 year old and a cripple?  C'mon... :lol:
They had the key even!
I refer you to the english SAS example....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lets look at the poll shall we?... :smirk:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Silence of the grave [Re: Xlea321]
    #1748452 - 07/25/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Surprise? So are you now claiming to have knowledge of any security measures taken? Motion detectors? Cameras on the stairs? Steel doors? What have you?
Now... I've seen no mention of these things but you don't know they didn't.

Ask the Seals. I imagine they'd tell you the same thing I'm going to.... without more info than you or I have, there's no way to answer that.

Yup, I've heard of stun grenades.

It seems you've never heard of waiting for all the info before deciding whether what was done was correct or not.

Perhaps the next time they'll consult you first.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Silence of the grave [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1748456 - 07/25/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
Lets look at the poll shall we?... :smirk: 

Im not going to embarass you further by posting the results.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Silence of the grave [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1748459 - 07/25/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Just the risk of putting the gas in may have been deemed too risky. Not having been there I don't claim to have the all knowing powers you seem to feel you do.

Quote:

In either case they would be expected to take all necessary precautions to protect their own lives.

It seems to me they did.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1748461 - 07/25/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
Whether training our guys to use gas is a good idea or not is a moot point.

The fact is that we do not. They don't have any, and have never been trained to use it.

Even the russian's use in that theatre was a groundbreaking, experimental effort.

Well then maybe we should start so that next time our forces have a chance to sneak up on somebody who knows where Saddam is, or who knows where Osama bin Laden is for that matter, we won't squander a perfectly good opportunity like we did here.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1748468 - 07/25/03 02:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So-called stun grenades are not against the geneva conventions. I assume you are talking about concussion grenades, aka flash-bangs. They are simply a small explosive.

I posted it once for Alex123, probably on this very thread. Most everyone else in this discussion saw that. Sorry you missed it. Go use google or the shroomery-search function or something.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1748475 - 07/25/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There is a big difference between a treaty that we have ratified and must follow, and one we haven't (say, kyoto) and therefore have no obligation to abide by.

Be serious. You actually believe international law would make a difference? Assassinating leaders is against international law - didn't make any difference when the US launched an assassination attempt against Saddam on the first night of the war.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Silence of the grave [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1748476 - 07/25/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Surprise? So are you now claiming to have knowledge of any security measures taken? Motion detectors? Cameras on the stairs? Steel doors? What have you?
Now... I've seen no mention of these things but you don't know they didn't.

Ask the Seals. I imagine they'd tell you the same thing I'm going to.... without more info than you or I have, there's no way to answer that.

Yup, I've heard of stun grenades.

It seems you've never heard of waiting for all the info before deciding whether what was done was correct or not.

Perhaps the next time they'll consult you first.

The owner of the house was the one who tipped us off. With his knowlege of the house it wouldn't be hard to find a way around whatever security measures were in place.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1748485 - 07/25/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The owner of the house was the one who tipped us off. With his knowlege of the house it wouldn't be hard to find a way around whatever security measures were in place.

No matter how many times you tell them this it never seems to register. Just you watch in two days time luv will say "But how could we know how many people were in the villa?"  :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblewingnutx

#1748491 - 07/25/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Assassinating leaders is against international law

Show me a treaty we signed that forbids it.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1748499 - 07/25/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Well then maybe we should start

Maybe we should. Soldiers train for what they are most likely to face, though, with finite time and resources.

Most people's concept of military training is pretty inaccurate. For example, unarmed combat is not taught very much, just in a very rudimentary form. That suprises a lot of people, but it makes sense not to take training time away from being a rifleman or tank driver, since that is what they will need 99% of the time.

that's where krav maga come in, btw :smile:

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1748503 - 07/25/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
So-called stun grenades are not against the geneva conventions. I assume you are talking about concussion grenades, aka flash-bangs. They are simply a small explosive.

I posted it once for Alex123, probably on this very thread. Most everyone else in this discussion saw that. Sorry you missed it. Go use google or the shroomery-search function or something.

Haha, that's like asking a prosecutor to look for evidence that the accused is actually innocent.

Why should I waste my time? Produce the evidence and I'll believe you. Otherwise I'll assume you just pulled it out of your ass. Whatever it is, it must say specifically that NON-LETHAL agents that also do not produce disfigurement and/or permanent neurological or other damage are in violation of international law.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1748507 - 07/25/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Show me a treaty we signed that forbids it.

It wouldn't be a "treaty" it's a presidential executive order:

"The president and Congress monitor CIA activities to ensure compliance with a presidential executive order first signed by President Gerald Ford, but regularly renewed since, forbidding government-sponsored assassinations."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/bush/story/0,7369,773574,00.html

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1748514 - 07/25/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
What difference does it make? Do you think we're still officially at war with Iraq? I thought the war ended months ago.

That is what you get for thinking. As has been stated countless times, major combat was declared over, not the war.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1748518 - 07/25/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Otherwise I'll assume you just pulled it out of your ass.

Assume what you want, it has no bearing on reality. It's not my fault that you wander into a 300-post thread and then want people to repeat things they said days ago.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1748523 - 07/25/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

going to embarass you

The only thing embarrassing me here is you following me around like a lovestruck puppy.

Get over it man. Post something on topic.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1748525 - 07/25/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So you mean to tell me that nobody we have in Iraq right now is trained for this sort of thing?

Okay, okay. I give in! You guys win!

Our military is fucking awesome!! They never, ever make mistakes!!!! They're all brave as lions and have IQs of 200!!!! They're like fucking gods!!!! Even the lowliest foot soldier is like Clausewitz, Sun Tzu, and the Terminator, all rolled into one!!!

Yadda yadda yadda . . .

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1748529 - 07/25/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

going to embarass you

Quote:

The only thing embarrassing me here is you following me around like a lovestruck puppy.

Get over it man. Post something on topic.

WHY DIDN'T THEY USE THE KEY!!!!???!?!?

:loveeyes:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (07/25/03 02:26 PM)

Invisiblewingnutx

#1748540 - 07/25/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So you mean to tell me that nobody we have in Iraq right now is trained for this sort of thing?

Trained to use gas? I'd doubt it, but it's conceivable that some scary specops guys somewhere are.

The men in this operation were airborne infantry. They are not james bond, no matter how much you think they should be. They are very good at what they do, which mostly involves taking real estate and killing people.

You really should learn something about how the military, US and otherwise, operates. Read a book. Something by Stephen Ambrose or Victor David Hanson would be a good place to start.

If you want to learn about special anti-terrorist untis, try reading Dick Marcinco's autobiography.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1748543 - 07/25/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Are you really this desperate for my attention?

Come on Az, your lifes not that grim is it?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order