Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental)
    #1742961 - 07/23/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

After being confronted with the dilemma of not having any free space for a terrarium, I was wondering- is it possible to do an almost invitro micro terrarium grow? You could basically grow a standard cake, then take it out of the half pint jar, and place it in perhaps a 1 quart or 1 pint jar with 1/2" of perlite on the bottom. This would almost be an invitro TEK but not quite... It would even be possible to case the mushrooms in the jar if one so desired. Anyone ever try this or have any ideas?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental) [Re: lemunhed]
    #1743042 - 07/23/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It would work.. But I dont know how much better than the invitro tek it would be..

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental) [Re: whole9]
    #1743060 - 07/23/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the pmp looks stealth enough to kramer

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1743747 - 07/24/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen a casing fruited in a plastic bread bag taped to the back of a desk. It fruited 15g from a quart.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1743879 - 07/24/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice. Hey George, do you think you could ask Kramer what the pmp is for me? And after doing much research, I stumbled onto the Chronic TEK at Mycotopia.net. THere's so much good shit over there but you can't find it lol.
And better yield would not be the only improvement over invitro that one would reap from growing in mini terrariums. You could still spore print your mushies, you could grow ANY species instead of ONLY PF classic, and you would get nice pretty mushrooms.... ok well the later part doesn't really matter but you see what i'm saying.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineWaldarbeiter
can you eat it?

Loc: woods of lower bavaria
    #1744143 - 07/24/03 09:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

THere's so much good shit over there but you can't find it

try this zipfile from Nan's Nook :
complete archive (ca. 80 mb)

Please note that the archive consists of several directories of html, jpg, and other assorted file types. It is however both linked and indexed. You should create a new folder to house the extracted files, unzip the archive into the new folder, and search through the list of numbered files for the MAIN INDEX PAGE =: 5.html

Send a shortcut to the desktop.

There are header/links at the top/bottom of each page in case you lose your way, and once you learn the links you will have no problem getting around. Any search engine may be used to search the html files for key words.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental) [Re: Waldarbeiter]
    #1744150 - 07/24/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, thats badass thank you.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1744302 - 07/24/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

10 gallon fish tank works well , small enough that it does not take up a lot of space , easy to keep clean , small enough to transport if needed .
If you choose this method make sure you use a "LEXAN" lid , do not , I repeat do not use "PLEXI GLEASS" for a lid , it will warp badly in less than a week of being exposed to high humidity enviro needed for mush growth .
Good Luck
MAY THE MUSHROOM GODDESS BLESS ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Microariums- How To Grow ANYWHERE (experimental) [Re: tripndicular]
    #1744416 - 07/24/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hehe Thanks. I actually currently use a 10gal aquarium and it works great... the problem Is that I am going to college and I can't really case shit or have a good fruiting chamber... pretty much I am limited to PF cakes hidden away in a box with no light. I could expose them to light for like ... 30 minutes a day or something when no one was around so that I could get them to pin. And please, don't send me "don't grow in college you will get caught" replies, I'm not interested in that.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

#1744622 - 07/24/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just put perlite in the bottom of a small garbage can, put the cake in and put a plastic bag over the top of it and spray some water on the perlite every so often

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck