Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmokey
Stranger
Positive pressure box
    #1742791 - 07/23/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Are there any surefire ways to check if a positive pressure box is working correctly? I know somebody who built one using a Rubbermaid with a Plexiglas lid. A HEPA filter was sealed to the outside where a hole had been cut in the Rubbermaid, and on the inside in the same location a computer fan is sealed on the inside. The top of the Rubbermaid is lined with foam window seal to allow for a nice seal. My friend said that when it is on there does not seam to be much air coming out the two small hand holes cut in the front of the Rubbermaid. So he wants to know if there is a good way to test this thing out or should he just start doing some G2G transfers and see what happens?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Positive pressure box [Re: smokey]
    #1743103 - 07/23/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My positive air glove box so far I have not had any contams yet (knock on wood).

Quote:

Are there any surefire ways to check if a positive pressure box is working correctly?

well if your fan(with clean filter) is working and it has then as long as you feel air inside your box your ok(and it don't have to be too strong of a air).What I always do is spray ALL the glove box with lysol and then run the fan for 5-10 min before I start and i'v had it for years and never once had a contam due to the positive presure glove box.the positive air presure won't let any air born contams get in and the lysol kills all the contams(if there is any) on the surface of the inside of the glove box and the filter keeps the fan from sucking any contams into the glove box,and yes you can do grain to grain inside a glove box

here's a link to my tek it should have everything you neeed to know

http://www.theomc.com/forums/index.cfm?CFID=2569816&CFTOKEN=33040801&fuseaction=read&forum=30&id=381

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/23/03 10:55 PM)

OfflineJesus_v2
Re: Positive pressure box [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1743303 - 07/23/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Why would you need a pressure box?
And how do you use one? my buddy talked about one once, but from everything I read, you dont need one

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Positive pressure box [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1743339 - 07/23/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you need a positive presure box to cut the chance of getting contaims when doing grain to grain transfers,spore print,making syringes,inoculating jars,cloning ect... pretty much everything.you put your sterilized tools inside plus your jars or whatever you will be doing and you look through the clear top and use the gloves to handle your tools and jars or what ever you are doing.If you never use a glove box or a flow hood you increase your chances GREATLY to get contams and is it worth it?to lose batch after batch they all add up so it's better to be safe then sorry and if you look at my last post that link will take you to my positive presure glove box and it should have some more info there if needed.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinesmokey
Stranger
    #1743474 - 07/24/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, I took a look at that link and with your box, where does the majority of the air escape? And also, it seems as though it would be quite difficult doing most things with those big rubber gloves on. Do you have any tips or tricks while working with those on.

Thanks

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #1743500 - 07/24/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it sucks workin in a glovebox....
trust me, i use one... its a lysol box, no hepa filter crap.. just good ole' lysol.....
i have 100% suscess rate with this box...

its just cramped...

im thinkin of building aflow hood....

[hyp]

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: Positive pressure box [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1743523 - 07/24/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you can put a hepa filter over the fan if you want to.yeah there isn't tons of room in a glove box but there is enough room for what I use it for and flowhoods cost a shitload to buy or make but good luck with making yours,and I too have 100% suscess rate with my glove box too so thats good to hear that they work good any ways

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1743531 - 07/24/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

smokey said:
Thanks for the replies, I took a look at that link and with your box, where does the majority of the air escape? And also, it seems as though it would be quite difficult doing most things with those big rubber gloves on. Do you have any tips or tricks while working with those on.

Thanks

The air esacpes from all the cracks in your glove box forcing air out so no contams(air born) can get in.I never had too much trouble with the big gloves infact I can open the package of a needle or syringe with out much trouble.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinesmokey
Stranger
    #1743733 - 07/24/03 03:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What if the only cracks in the box are the hand holes?? Would you still recomend applying the gloves to the box or leave the holes open?

Thanks

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1743764 - 07/24/03 04:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There will be cracks on the lid/cover trust me becase you have to put something clear over the cover that came with the clear box most people use plexi-glass or clear heavy duty plastic(clear table cloth,clear shower curtain ect..) and most of the tops are not air tight to start with.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #1743872 - 07/24/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For about 200 dollars you can build a good flowhood which will be infinetly easier. I do own a HEPA postitive pressure box without gloves, I just conducted an experiment using 5 popcorn jars. 2 were opened then resealed in the box, 2 were not opened, and 1 got fucked up and was opened to the air lol. I will post the results some time later.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder