Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Tripping in Dreams
    #1741553 - 07/23/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I do this occasionally. Its allways very realistic, anyways i had a strange thing happen to me last night.

I had a dream i had split a bag of "lauphing Gyms" with some girl. This lady was telling us that she was gonna call the cops on us. I told her that they were just regular mushrooms. Anyway all of a sudden I was in a field with all these neked chicks, and it was like one big lesbian orgy, and i was tripping hard.

I wake up this morning with the sensation that i am coming down from a trip. Colors inhanced, Tracers, abstract thoughts.
It was amazing.
I'v had fear, and sex, and love carry over into my waking life, but never drugs.
If anyone else has any experience with tripping in dreams, or feelings and impressions carrying over into the waking world please post them here.

Note sorry for not putting this in the rite forum, but the Dream Forum dosen't exsist. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1735064&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 Yet

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: Dreamer987]
    #1741563 - 07/23/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Did you fly in your dream?
You may have projected yourself to a distant land...
That can leave colors vivid and enhanced creativity around the time when you wake up, and if you write it down, a lot longer!

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1741603 - 07/23/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I believe this is an extension of Lucid dreaming?

Last week i had a very very intense dream, a 5 meo experience...full on real, it was unbelievable. I woke up with some sort of terror and drenched in sweat. It was a true lucid dream, because i had full consciousness over "me" in my dream, and had a clear stream of thought process's before i woke up.

Not only was my temperature extremely elevated, but my heart was racing....just like a 5 meo dmt experience. It was a free trip in my books..

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: PDU]
    #1742657 - 07/23/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've been wanting to experiance lucid dreams for awhile now, but I just can't seem too. I will remember my dreams most of the time, but I have never had the feeling of knowing I was in a dream or being able to control my actions. If anyone could suggest somethings I could do to help me that would be awesome!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: barfightlard]
    #1742734 - 07/23/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

When you awake, don't do anything. Just lay there for a few minutes with your eyes closed and try to remember your dreams. Once you are sure thats all you can remember. Write them down in a notebook that you should keep next to your bed.
This is the most important step. When you become aware of the differences from dreaming and your waking life you will become lucid

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: barfightlard]
    #1742811 - 07/23/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know about lucid dreaming, but its not something i strive for. Vitamin B6 is apperently useful, but i just luck out once in awhile...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

#1742847 - 07/23/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You missed the whole point of the conversation... :shocked:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: TxTec]
    #1742963 - 07/23/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TxTec said:
You missed the whole point of the conversation... :shocked: 

How?
Quote:

Dreamer987 said:

If anyone else has any experience with tripping in dreams, or feelings and impressions carrying over into the waking world please post them here.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Anonymous

#1743011 - 07/23/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
I know about lucid dreaming, but its not something i strive for. Vitamin B6 is apperently useful, but i just luck out once in awhile... 

Sorry you messed me up with this quote??...Vit b6?? and ya luck out?? :confused:

Edited by TxTec (07/23/03 09:58 PM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: TxTec]
    #1743105 - 07/23/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Taking Vitamin B6 helps make dreams more vivid (quite sure its B6)...however, when i get the odd lucid dream its out of sheer luck, it just happens out of the blue.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
    #1743642 - 07/24/03 01:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am a frequent lucid dreamer.  I take myriads of drugs when I'm dreaming.  I've noticed a fairly effective way of getting this to happen (as physical manifestations are sometimes hard to create within your visual range while dreaming, probably something to do with your brain being so adapted to the laws of physics and such) is to, after you become lucid, think to yourself that you have drug x in your pocket.  Reach in your pocket and voila!

I love sleeping.  :grin:

I've done drugs in dreams prior to actually ingesting them in the physical realm as kind of a primer and noticed amazingly similar effects.  Something to be said about a universal consciousness, perhaps?

If you want a real ride try doing some DMT on the astral plane.

Vitamin B6, eh?  Can you provide a cite for that?  Because that's very interesting. 

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: Dreamer987]
    #1743826 - 07/24/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I had similar dreams were, I was smoking pot, and others doing shrooms.
The sensations in the dream where like the real thing.
That?s why I think LD has so much potential, and is one of those things that anyone can attain, with some training.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1744433 - 07/24/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well ill have to take a gander, but for now ill give you this:

3.6 ARE THERE ANY DRUGS OR NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS THAT STIMULATE LUCID DREAMS?

A number of substances have been suggested to enhance the likelihood of lucid dreaming, from vitamins to prescription drugs. There are few good scientific studies to test such claims. Lucid dreaming is highly subject to the placebo effect; the belief that something will stimulate a lucid dream is very effective! This is not to say that there are not substances that do, in fact, promote lucid dreaming. We are interested in discovering such and welcome observations from fellow dreamers. At this time, however, we do not endorse any substances for inducing lucid dreams. Many prescription drugs as well as marijuana and alcohol alter the sleep cycle, usually by suppressing REM sleep. This leads to a phenomenon called "REM rebound," in which a person experiences intense, long REM periods after the drug has worn off. This can manifest as nightmares or, possibly, as lucid dreaming, since the brain is highly active. Drugs in the LSD family, including psilocybin and tryptamines actually stimulate REM sleep (in doses small enough to allow sleep), leading to longer REM periods. We do not recommend the use of drugs without proper guidance nor do we urge the breaking of laws.

and from the lovely folks atErowid

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1744436 - 07/24/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh! Here you are!

Two responses to a description of dream potentiation
using Valeriana officinalis, Melatonin, and Vitamin B-6
by Arthur C. Hastings and Unknown Author

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's an interesting item on Intense Dreams that you faxed me. I do have some associations to it, so if you have the occasion to send Cevallos a response, here are my comments.

1. Those are high doses of all three substances, and all three are psychoactive, B-6 and melatonin specifically on dreams. He may have discovered a new technique for intense self exploration

2. 50 mg of B6 is a normal dose, and is known to enhance dreaming, including dreams in noticeable color. I often tell persons who have difficulty remembering dreams to take 50 mg of B-6 for a few nights. One gram is a massive dose. Lord knows what it will do, or maybe Cevallos has found out! I'm inclined to think that this is the major component in his experience.

3. Valerian was used as a tranquilizer in Europe long before Librium and valium (the name Valium however does not come from valerian). My own phenomenological experience with valerian effects indicate: 1) It is mildly psychedelic, causing slight visual imagery and lines in the visual field, especially in low light. 2) it can create a spacey feeling, or one might say it makes spacing out easier. From this I would expect it to add to the dream effects, but not cause them directly.

4. Melatonin, from my experience, will often result in more dreams, and dreams from a deeper level of the psyche. That is, it seems to both access dreams and also stimulate more meaningful dreams, though I don't want to speculate as to the process involved. but sometimes this happens and sometimes not--I have also had the experience of falling deep asleep and remembering no dreams on melatonin. some sexual dreams occasionally occur on melatonin, but I believe this is dependent on whether there's sexual energy that craves expression for the person at that time

5. Any time one gets intense dreams, it is worthwhile to do some interpretative work with them, and find out if they reflect feelings relationships, body states, psychic information, transpersonal levels, etc.

by : Arthur C. Hastings
Professor of Psychology at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
author of "With the Tongues of Men and Angels"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ran a brief series of experiments of successive nights to see what I could find.

Night 1: 530mg Valerian, 1g B-6, 5mg melatonin (digested, not sublingual)

Without question this was the most intense dream-night I have ever had. My brain was extremely active the entire night, yet I awoke pretty well rested considering. I awakened several times, shocked by the intensity of somethingorother in the dream, but each time the awakening was quite different from a normal "oh, huh? reality! I was dreaming" sort of awakening. I was much more aware of a continuum of experience between dream and reality. When I stumbled at one point into the bathroom to relieve myself, the dream continued unabated by the fact that I was up and walking around eyes open! I have never known dreams this intense before. I experienced also the sort of twilight sleep that Pedro describes.

Night 2: 530mg Valerian, 500mg B-6

Bare shades of the previous night. I recalled one very long dream which seemed to last for the duration of the entire sleep period.

Night 3: 250mg B-6

Normal sleep.

By : Author Unknown

Used by Erowid with permission of author

http://www.erowid.org/spirit/dreaming/dreaming.shtml

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
    #1747167 - 07/25/03 05:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for providing that link man! I had previously heard that Valerian and Melatonin (the Vitamin B-6 part must have been filtered out of my memory, along with just about all of those godawful drinking parties) are suppose to be dream aids and did a brief experimentation with them myself about two years ago. However, at the time I was nowhere near in-tuned enough with the subtleties of dreaming to make an even semi-educated verdict. I'm not saying that I am now 'in tune', nor do I have any credentials whatsoever to make my claims anything other than simply that, claims.

But I will have to try these again and report back my findings. Thanks again for the post, PDU.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1748140 - 07/25/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

melatonin help big time.

i started taking this a while back without being aware of the effect, i just wanted some sleep without taking sleeping pills. I dont know if it makes the dreams more intense or if it just makes them easier to remember....but when i take it i can remember more than one dream every night....i cant remember how i got from one to the other but damn they seem so real i cant even tell them from real life untill the next day i will be sitting there thinking back on it as i it was yesterday and then remember...wtf that wasent yesterday...oh damn that must have been a dream.

ive also expereinced the sensation of waking up..thinking i was awake, and then trying to sit up only to look at my hands and see i was nothing but a bunch of stars....i guess i was in my astral body....once i realized this i started meditating as if normal and start raising and seperating completely from my body and hoving around it. I looked down at my body for a few seconds and then immediatly reintered my body to awake completely amazed and unable to fall back asleep becuase i couldent stop thinking about it.

i have pretty good dream recall normally so i guess melatonin just amplifies it a ton. It really is something you have to get used to...the first few times are so real and intense its just like wtf....once you get used to it, the intensity, its cool as hell. Although its impossible to get used to some of the things you experience....i find it similer to tripping...i think back on it just like i do after i trip.

if your having trouble achieving lucidity, one of the problems might be pot. dont get me wrong i love pot as much as anyone. But when i smoke pot i will hardly ever remember my dreams. Just quit smoking for about a week, take some melatonin to help with the insomnia you get when you quit. Within days you will notice a HUGE difference. After a week shit just gets insane. Its good to quit for a few weeks every now and then anyway. I personally thing i have intense dreams the first 2 weeks after quitting and then it starts to level itself off.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: Vulture]
    #1748163 - 07/25/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh yeah :smile: i forgot why i clicked on the thread in the first place :smile: the tripping part.

Like i said before when i quit for a few weeks and took melatonin i has crazy dreams. Well i had been thinking about acid a lot that week, like most weeks but a lot more because i was supposed to be getting some (although i didnt) and that week i had dreams for 3 nights in a row that i got some acid and trippied. I have never done acid before but i swear to you it felt so real in those dreams.....it wasnet like a muchroom trip...it was exactly as ive herd people discribe it....yet undescribable. Once i was a a dead consert and got some from the lady that sings (the name escaped me for some reason) and the others were jsut with friends. But damn i was wigged when i woke up because it was so fucking real.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: Vulture]
    #1749348 - 07/25/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i heard those nicotine patches give u lucid dreams...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: JohnnyR]
    #1750053 - 07/26/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Has anyone here been able to sleep while trippin?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Tripping in Dreams [Re: Murex]
    #1751276 - 07/26/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ive had a lot of dreams that I trip. It's usually only acid though. I think i've only had one dream where i ate shrooms in. The dreams of acid are always cool, cause i take a hit...and then forget aout it and start dreaming about whatever im doing. I forget about e acid and then aftra while i suddenly start tripping in the dream. its always really awesome.

I've managed to fall asleep tripping on acid. I just kept tripping even though i was asleep. It was really weird

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder