Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblewingnutx

Clinton on the Larry King show
    #1740667 - 07/23/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

KING: President, maybe I can get an area where you may disagree. Do you join, President Clinton, your fellow Democrats, in complaining about the portion of the State of the Union address that dealt with nuclear weaponry in Africa?

CLINTON: Well, I have a little different take on it, I think, than either side.

First of all, the White House said -- Mr. Fleischer said -- that on balance they probably shouldn't have put that comment in the speech. What happened, often happens. There was a disagreement between British intelligence and American intelligence. The president said it was British intelligence that said it. And then they said, well, maybe they shouldn't have put it in.

Let me tell you what I know. When I left office, there was a substantial amount of biological and chemical material unaccounted for. That is, at the end of the first Gulf War, we knew what he had. We knew what was destroyed in all the inspection processes and that was a lot. And then we bombed with the British for four days in 1998. We might have gotten it all; we might have gotten half of it; we might have gotten none of it. But we didn't know. So I thought it was prudent for the president to go to the U.N. and for the U.N. to say you got to let these inspectors in, and this time if you don't cooperate the penalty could be regime change, not just continued sanctions.

I mean, we're all more sensitive to any possible stocks of chemical and biological weapons. So there's a difference between British -- British intelligence still maintains that they think the nuclear story was true. I don't know what was true, what was false. I thought the White House did the right thing in just saying, Well, we probably shouldn't have said that. And I think we ought to focus on where we are and what the right thing to do for Iraq is now. That's what I think.

KING: What do you do, Mr. President, with what's put in front of you?

CLINTON: Well, here's what happens: every day the president gets a daily brief from the CIA. And then, if it's some important issue -- and believe me, you know, anything having to do with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons became much more important to everybody in the White House after September the 11 -- then they probably told the president, certainly Condoleezza Rice, that this is what the British intelligence thought. They maybe have a difference of opinion, but on balance, they decided they should leave that line in the speech.

I think the main thing I want to say to you is, people can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks...

... of biological and chemical weapons. We might have destroyed them in '98. We tried to, but we sure as heck didn't know it because we never got to go back in there?.

And what I think -- again, I would say the most important thing is we should focus on what's the best way to build Iraq as a democracy? How is the president going to do that and deal with continuing problems in Afghanistan and North Korea?

We should be pulling for America on this. We should be pulling for the people of Iraq. We can have honest disagreements about where we go from here, and we have space now to discuss that in what I hope will be a nonpartisan and open way. But this State of the Union deal they decided to use the British intelligence. The president said it was British intelligence. Then they said on balance they shouldn't have done it. You know, everybody makes mistakes when they are president. I mean, you can't make as many calls as you have to make without messing up once in awhile. The thing we ought to be focused on is what is the right thing to do now. That's what I think.

Edited by wingnutx (07/23/03 10:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: wingnutx]
    #1740861 - 07/23/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Anonymous

#1740887 - 07/23/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

He's in cahoots with the Bushs and the Bin Ladens. There are many facets to this. It's one big conspiracy. You have no idea. But I do. I heard somewhere that microwaves can make you hear voices in your head. I was at the checkout line at walmart and there was this suspicious guy looking at me. I think he was onto my plan to hijack the store and he started talking on the

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: ]
    #1740897 - 07/23/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just arrange to have yourself hit on the head by a coconut, and the voices will go away.

You might turn gay, though.

Anonymous

#1740904 - 07/23/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How would that make me turn fag?

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: ]
    #1740926 - 07/23/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno how it works, but I saw it on tv once.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1740943 - 07/23/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just goes to show once again that Clinton is not a "liberal" as many conservatives like to refer to him. He's a centrist if anything. Any liberal would be criticizing the president, not cutting him slack.

Quote:

So I thought it was prudent for the president to go to the U.N. and for the U.N. to say you got to let these inspectors in, and this time if you don't cooperate the penalty could be regime change, not just continued sanctions.

I agree with this. It was prudent for the prez to go to the UN and get inspectors in. If Iraq wouldn't cooperate the penalty could be regime change, but Iraq was cooperating. Even if you argued that they weren't, I don't think there's any way they could run any kind of weapons program with the inspectors in there, so it's a joke that Bush would act like it was an imminent threat and that we needed to attack Iraq immediately.

After all, it wasn't Iraq who expelled the inspectors... it was Bush who demanded that they leave so we could start the killin'.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Edited by SlapnutRob (07/24/03 05:50 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1740966 - 07/23/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Any liberal would be criticizing the president, not cutting him slack.

So you've noticed how liberals seem to march in lock-step too?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewingnutx

#1742049 - 07/23/03 05:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oops.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1745491 - 07/24/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
So you've noticed how liberals seem to march in lock-step too?

What I've noticed is that the Bush Administration is so far to the right that anyone who would call themself a liberal would NEVER cut him slack, especially with what we know about him. So apparently, yes, consistent ideologies march in "lock-step."

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1745495 - 07/24/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

feh

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1745498 - 07/24/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think Bush is really all that far to the right anyway. The way he is spending money has Democrat written all over it. To be honest Lieberman would be a great President in my opinion. I am sure the islamic fundamentalists would just love America havin a Jew for President.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: shakta]
    #1745503 - 07/24/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Bush actually takes tons of shit for not being a real conservative.

Just the normal internal fighting that any side has going, really.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1745687 - 07/24/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would've figured that a conservative would like Lieberman. He's about as far to the right as a Democrat can be.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Clinton on the Larry King show [Re: silversoul7]
    #1745803 - 07/24/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am not really a conservative at all. I do happen to thin Bush has done the right thing with the war and all and would probably vote for him unless Joe wins for the Dems. I am more of a centrist generally. Libertarian maybe? I have been looking at their website, and like what I see. Until one actually has a chance at winning a Presidency though, I will not waste my vote. No single politician is going to please you all of the time. I liked Clinton, but I wish he would have done some things differently. Specifically in the dealings with terrorism. To be honest I don't see any of these extreme leftist candidates having a chance in hell of getting elected. Is it just me, or have the Dems gone off the deep end?

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

#1745848 - 07/24/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's just you.

Quote:

I don't think Bush is really all that far to the right anyway. The way he is spending money has Democrat written all over it.

This quote doesn't make sense. As is demonstrated by Joe Lieberman, party affiliation has nothing to do with ideology. Both parties spend, anyway... Dems just tax and spend while Reps borrow and spend.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom