Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
How much dried material do wet cacti make?
    #1740099 - 07/23/03 01:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

SWIM was just looking at the dried torch on ebay & wondering if it was a good price, but he doesn't know how to compare it to whole cacti.

I started to ask what percentage water cacti are, but realized it's more complicated than that as you don't eat the core.

Btw, why isn't there a cactus post icon?  :smile: 

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: Tantalus]
    #1741736 - 07/23/03 06:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

>>Btw, why isn't there a cactus post icon?

Beats me, why not post a request for it in the Website Announcements and Feedback forum

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: neuro]
    #1750815 - 07/26/03 03:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

At the place where I've purchased dried T. Peruvianus I paid $45 for 60 gms. You can get a pound(455 gms) for $289

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1754468 - 07/28/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Did that include the waxy skin? I was going to buy some from that guy on ebay, but was totally turned off from it when I noticed that the skin wasn't removed.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
    #1758449 - 07/29/03 03:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what is the best way to consume dried cacti? how does it compare to fresh cuttings?

Thanks

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: iglou]
    #1759195 - 07/29/03 11:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iglou said:
what is the best way to consume dried cacti? how does it compare to fresh cuttings?

Thanks

I'm probably going to make pills out of it. Even though that'd be 35+ size 00 pills for torch and 60+ pills for pedro, I think it'd be worth the time.

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1761118 - 07/29/03 11:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Why not do a search for extraction teks in this forum, or a search for some pedro syrup.

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: neuro]
    #1761563 - 07/30/03 02:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Couldn't tell you how much material dried makes when wet, but you can use the dried just as well.

If you're interested, I have a source that sells 1/2 Kilo dried Peruvian Torch for $150. That's 500 dried grams. Good source, ordered twice from him. If you're interested, PM me.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: Moronacracy]
    #1762713 - 07/30/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what is the doseage for san pedro/peruvian torch dried? Would you just eat it?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblechrisesq
Loc: UK
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: Twirling]
    #1762923 - 07/30/03 03:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As always potency varies between different sources.
I have tried dried Torch collected from Matucama, Peru which consists of the skin and the the light underflesh.
25g is a threshold dose. If you want to trip properly then you will need about 40 grams.
Here is a link to an article on Erowid which discusses dry/wet dosage. At one stage the author mentions 100g as an appropriate dose.
>>.... Based on Ott's Pharmacotheon, I think an appropriate dose would
be 100g dried, which is approximately 2 feet.<<

I would be very wary of dosing this much. I took 70g and spent 10 hours in hyperspace. That was my limit.

Be safe and work up gradually over three or four tries until you reach the level you can handle.
The gel cap method is a very good way of ingestion.
To reduce/eliminate nausea split the dose into to two and take about half an hour to 45 minutes apart.
Mescaline takes a long time to take effect so the delay in taking the second dose is not important. Don't rush the gel caps down, just take your time.

Please remember YMMV. Body weight/potency/drying method and personal sensitivity are all factors.
One advantage is that you don't have to drink down any disgusting green slime.

Regards
chrisesq

Edited by chrisesq (07/30/03 03:58 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: chrisesq]
    #1763072 - 07/30/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chrisesq said:
25g is a threshold dose. If you want to trip properly then you will need about 40 grams.
Here is a link to an article on Erowid which discusses dry/wet dosage. At one stage the author mentions 100g as an appropriate dose.
>>.... Based on Ott's Pharmacotheon, I think an appropriate dose would
be 100g dried, which is approximately 2 feet.<<

I read that on Erowid too. I thought it sounded a bit high too. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll probably start out between 40 and 50 grams, depending on how much I get.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: Twirling]
    #1763209 - 07/30/03 05:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Start at 40g and you'll have a damn fine time.

100g would be crazy. What does too much mescaline do to ya?

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: chrisesq]
    #1763388 - 07/30/03 06:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what is the US legal status of dried, mescaline-containing cacti? I understand why living San Pedro, Torch, etc. are not necessarily illegal...but wouldnt a dried preparation be stepping into illegal territory?

Thanks!

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: How much dried material do wet cacti make? [Re: iglou]
    #1764202 - 07/30/03 11:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iglou said:
what is the US legal status of dried, mescaline-containing cacti? I understand why living San Pedro, Torch, etc. are not necessarily illegal...but wouldnt a dried preparation be stepping into illegal territory?

Thanks!

It's very illegal, no question about it. Fresh is defacto legal but as soon as you do anything to prepare it for ingestion, it becomes illegal.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden