Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
shroom breeding
    #1738598 - 07/22/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

im not much informed on how mushrooms genetics get mixed or whatever so my first question is that how do cube genetics mix? and second if we can breed shroom to shroom why cant we breed a more cold hardy mushroom from a cube in its northern most range of the united states and just keep on cross breeding until we have a shroom strain that thrives in every part of the US then that way everybody can hook up everybody with a print and ya know eventually we will have cubes growing in every single pasture of the us the guys breed and cross breed dogs and pot all the time to get the most desired creature so why not shrooms and dont even get me started on wanting to breed a super potent shroom you know like the white widow weed and shit ok so lets talk about this a lil bit

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (07/22/03 03:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: shroom breeding [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1738650 - 07/22/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23401

i can't say i understand it, but this is something in the faq section up above on the right. :heartpump:

--------------------
buh

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: shroom breeding [Re: shirley knott]
    #1738679 - 07/22/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ok so is that kinda thing being worked on?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: shroom breeding [Re: shirley knott]
    #1738681 - 07/22/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, basically I dont think the route would be cross-breeding strains to get your result. It would be more of selecting the genetic traits and isolating them time and time again, over many generations. It could be possible in theory that the mushroom could adapt to these conditions over many generations. It is what happens all the time in nature.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#1738704 - 07/22/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
ok so is that kinda thing being worked on?

Breeding is done all the time in the commercial mushroom industry if im not mistaken. It can be done to produce new hybrid strains to say. If this type of breeding was applied to cubensis and you mated many different pairs, then cultured them out, and tested for qualities desired, then you found the best one and worked from there.

Then grow that new strain out over many generations, further isolating the desired traits, it could entirely be possible that a strain that frutied well in cooler temperatures would be produced.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: shroom breeding [Re: ATWAR]
    #1741181 - 07/23/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so wouldnt this type of thing be top priority to people here i mean think of it cube in every single state or at least being able to expand them a little from the coast, that would just be the shit

--------------------

Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
    #1741296 - 07/23/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

or you could just grow them indoors simple enough leaving the whole having to go out and find them process behind. i know if cubes grew outside in my state i wouldnt go try to find them because I'm not much up for the idea of tresspassing on peoples property or eating maggot ridden mushrooms. I'd rather just grow them indoors in the privacy of my house where nobody will ever know about it.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: shroom breeding [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #1741316 - 07/23/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dont be a pessimist spread the love of shrooms. this would be the best the to happen to the omc since vermiculite, but i just dont see mushrooms being important enough for anyone to invest in such a costly and laborous project

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#1741628 - 07/23/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There is more involved than just getting the mushroom to fruit in cooler temperatures. It must be adapted to the climate and be able to survive over the winter. This would be more difficult than just isolating a strain that will fruit better in cooler climates. Cubensis will fruit fine in the northern climates, although they wont come back the next year without interference from humans. Breeding mushrooms and isolating desired traits is much more difficult and involved than breeding dogs or plants.

What your wanting to do is more along the lines of re-writing the genetics of P. Cubensis to design a new northern species. This is not going to happen.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck