Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #17382401 - 12/12/12 08:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Again, visual information is not sufficient to define categories. Really, neither is genetic information. All humans have different genes or gene expression, grouping them up can be done, but it is not an exercise in finding truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmob12
SupaFuxed
Male

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx]
    #17382425 - 12/12/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in white people, they are to be grouped in with Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Nor do I believe in Asians, Blacks, or Hispanics. The only real race are Pacific islanders. They are really real.

I'm pretty high right now...

--------------------
Traversing the galaxies one trip at a time.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx] * 2
    #17382442 - 12/12/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
Again, visual information is not sufficient to define boundaries.

It's now clear based on genetic data that humans evolved separately from the Homo Erectus stage and that Caucasians and Asians also interbred with neanderthal. Knowing what we know scientifically it is more appropriate to call the existing human variants subspecies rather than races. Over 40,000 generations of separated natural selection has made for undeniable racial and special differences, unless you are a moron.

I advise you to take the position of demanding ever more evidence and then when your debate opponents eventually become frustrated you can claim your false victory.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔡𝔞
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necoc Yaotl
    #17382496 - 12/12/12 08:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:

It's now clear based on genetic data that humans evolved separately from the Homo Erectus stage and that Caucasians and Asians also interbred with neanderthal

:bsflag:

8/14/2012 9:30 AM ET
In the last two years, a number of studies have suggested that early humans interbred with Neanderthals who were of short, stocky build and broad nose. Genetic evidence has also been published claiming that an estimated 1 percent to 4 percent of the DNA in modern Europeans and Asians was inherited from the Neanderthals. But a new study by researchers at the University of Cambridge has raised doubts about the human-Neanderthal interspecies mating.

The study funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and the Leverhulme Trust explains that common ancestry, and not any hybridization, should be attributed to the genetic similarities between Neanderthals and modern humans.
http://www.rttnews.com/1947576/did-humans-breed-with-neanderthals-a-new-study-says-no.aspx

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #17382834 - 12/12/12 09:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I believe the studies which demonstrated hybridization between cromagnon and neanderthal in European and Asian populations. The genetic evidence is convincing. The evidence of separate evolution from the Homoerectus is also compelling.

If for the sake of discussion though, if neanderthal and European/Asians have a common ancestry with neanderthal but the African population does not (African population has zero neanderthal DNA) then what does that indicate? The Homo Sapien out of Africa theory is still bad science if the only pure Homo Sapien population (African) has a different genetic heritage than the rest of human kind...

While that study you cited gives anecdotal support to discrediting the out of Africa theory it raises more difficult questions than it pretends to answer. When the results are refuted so easily by common sense I find it difficult to give credibility to those results.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #17382876 - 12/12/12 09:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Raven Gnosis said:
You ain nuttin' buduh a paaale skin nigga..."

Hahaha thats good stuff man, does it look to anyone else like racism is generally just dissapearing? Haven't been out of the West Coast for awhile so maybe I'm sheltered, but its been too long with all this crap hating on people for the color of their skin

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17383582 - 12/12/12 11:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Basing race on genetics is just assigning materialism to be the truth. Why does your mind even have anything to do with the body? Maybe the mind creates the body. Can you even entertain that idea? Maybe you should, for a moment. Are you really that satisfied by what the scientists have discovered? Are you just convinced they are right because instead of Genesis and Psalms in high school you got some other dogma? Genesis makes perfect sense to a child. Why were you any less of a child to accept science?

Okay, so you like members of your own race more than other races.

Option 1: YUR REACIST!!! *nothing in particular follows just some rowdy sounds and everyone goes home and forgets about it*

Option 2: Maybe you should investigate that feeling. Is it based on an experience as a child with a member of another race? If so, it is not legitimate under that complex. Is it based on something natural, innocent and healthy? If so, maybe you should keep it, maybe you shouldn't just rule it out because of history.

Maybe because they look like you, they'll talk like you, smile at what makes you smile, support your ideas of loyalty, humor and spirituality.

Maybe just like you are like your brother, this person will be like you too, since you are distantly related to them, more than say, a black person, who, just for your information don't talk like you, don't smile at what makes you smile, loyalty, humor and spirituality are different or non-existent for them.

Is it really so wrong to like your own race more?

What do you see in them? Maybe not just the same interests, the same emotions, but the same inner freedom, the same spirit?

What gives you the right to discount your ancestry and assume your total egoic freedom when you are the product of your ancestors? The freedom you have to think is a product of your ancestors.

All this obsession with race in history has to be based on SOMETHING.

Just because our monkey leaders got different hats and told us a different story about race so their group could keep all the power over the banana trees, doesn't make it right to reject your natural instincts.

We are not just trying to survive, we are up to something, spiritually, aesthetically, almost magically, as the universe is simply a magical place. It has all sorts of agendas and operations. We are just one such agenda of the universe. If we have to peck people that don't look like us, in a subtle, healthy way, we are obligated to fulfill it.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: circastes]
    #17383632 - 12/12/12 11:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

With the archaic revival and increasing distrust in the status quo including its scientific understanding of the world and all its hateful misuse, race will become more obvious and important.

The truth is love. How could you accept any other truth? But if you love, you start to trust your instincts, and your instincts provide a path. They will never suggest hate, hate is a strange, physically unhealthy phenomenon, but they will give you a strange feeling when you see other races, instead of this rather disgusting egalitarianism.

Freedom of the individual and total trust in love is the ONLY way forward. Science will not take us forward.

Our society is all about mistrusting the individual, and all that happens is untrustworthy individuals are raised in it the worst of which get the power. Great. Now it's time to change that.

Love _can_ lead us forward, if only we'd reconnect with it. The universe is only looking in confusion at the human species. The universe does not know hate.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

#17383650 - 12/13/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

FYI I look very white and when a smart asian girl and her white friend saw me on the streets of Melbourne, a world-class multicultural/multiracial city, the asian girl said, "I told you we're different. I rest my case."

People are tuning into it. The body and its instincts are authentic.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx] * 1
    #17383682 - 12/13/12 12:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
There is no biological basis for race, and yet, people assert it exists using all sorts of fallacious arguments.

Which unfounded argument based on unexamined evidence will you use to tell me the opposite?

Tell you the opposite?

No. I agree with you. I agree so much that I don't think we should break it down to species either.

Or even genus divisions and so on.

It's like we're just one organism with many faces.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #17384027 - 12/13/12 02:35 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Option 1: YUR REACIST!!! *nothing in particular follows just some rowdy sounds and everyone goes home and forgets about it*

Option 2: Maybe you should investigate that feeling. Is it based on an experience as a child with a member of another race? If so, it is not legitimate under that complex. Is it based on something natural, innocent and healthy? If so, maybe you should keep it, maybe you shouldn't just rule it out because of history.

Maybe you should shut the fuck up if your counter-argument is so weak that you have to base it on insulting people.

What the fuck does it matter to the validity of his argument if he's a racist or not, if he had "childhood experiences" you're making up or not? A racist and a non-racist can both make valid and invalid statement, so calling someone a racist is insulting, irrelevant, and against the rules.

You've been here long enough to know this. Consider this your warning.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #17384085 - 12/13/12 02:58 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The universe does not know hate.

The universe however, is pissed that it failed its S.A.T.s.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #17384349 - 12/13/12 06:37 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I just PM'd Diploid about the misinterpretation there. I wasn't calling anyone names...

I stand for the truth because I know this is all God. I have no vested interest or emotion, all I want is for people to experiencve the truth because any idea based on egoic thinking is wrong 100% of the time, and achieves nothing. The truth, however, truly sets you free, and, because it's the truth, it is not falsifiable or discoverable, it is merely True. If people see it, it will solve everything for them.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #17384363 - 12/13/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
Genesis makes perfect sense to a child.

You cannot be serious. I first read the Bible at age 7, at which point it was already clear that anyone who believed in this was insane.

Edit: wrong tone. You're one of my favourite posters here, and I need to go to bed

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Edited by viktor (12/13/12 06:46 AM)

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

#17384389 - 12/13/12 07:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
I believe the studies which demonstrated hybridization between cromagnon and neanderthal in European and Asian populations. The genetic evidence is convincing. The evidence of separate evolution from the Homoerectus is also compelling.

If for the sake of discussion though, if neanderthal and European/Asians have a common ancestry with neanderthal but the African population does not (African population has zero neanderthal DNA) then what does that indicate? The Homo Sapien out of Africa theory is still bad science if the only pure Homo Sapien population (African) has a different genetic heritage than the rest of human kind...

While that study you cited gives anecdotal support to discrediting the out of Africa theory it raises more difficult questions than it pretends to answer. When the results are refuted so easily by common sense I find it difficult to give credibility to those results.

even if we did intermingle with neaderthals would that effect in anyway what raven gnosis posted a page ago (that 85% of our variation is already within our own group etc)?

is a less than 10% difference enough to form a different subspecies (i honestly have no idea about this shit). i mean i thought the whole definition of a species was that it could reproduce with other members (which we all can do). idk about subspecies

is the whole point here to justify genetic profiling that already exists? it seems unlikely that superficial profiling would have delveloped from a very firm basis imo...

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

Invisibleliquidlounge

#17385271 - 12/13/12 11:45 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I remember this middle-aged bitch trying to school me in this subject, she was like you frock.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: viktor]
    #17387026 - 12/13/12 05:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
Quote:

circastes said:
Genesis makes perfect sense to a child.

You cannot be serious. I first read the Bible at age 7, at which point it was already clear that anyone who believed in this was insane.

Edit: wrong tone. You're one of my favourite posters here, and I need to go to bed

I guess I was referring to children raised in Christian/Muslim families. I was also thinking about how children are read stories and innocently believe them to be true.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #17389970 - 12/14/12 05:40 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
There is no biological basis for race, and yet, people assert it exists using all sorts of fallacious arguments.

Which unfounded argument based on unexamined evidence will you use to tell me the opposite?

Believing in flowers is fucking dumb, they are all dandelions.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx] * 1
    #17391397 - 12/14/12 12:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There is no biological basis for gender. And I can't tell a man from a woman, so I refuse to acknowledge that there are any differences. Both are equally humans.

I can't tell that Cindi Lauper is female and Arnold Schwarzenegger is male. I can't tell that Oprah is black and Martha is white.

/sarcasm off

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Diploid]
    #17391455 - 12/14/12 12:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Title of the thread reeks of intellectuality.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains