Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Believing in race is fucking dumb
    #17381276 - 12/12/12 05:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

There is no biological basis for race, and yet, people assert it exists using all sorts of fallacious arguments.

Which unfounded argument based on unexamined evidence will you use to tell me the opposite?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx]
    #17381446 - 12/12/12 05:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Race does exist, but there are greater differences within a race than between races.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: dustinthewind13] * 2
    #17381526 - 12/12/12 06:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

There is no biological basis for race

Wait, what?

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx]
    #17381532 - 12/12/12 06:02 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
There is no biological basis for race, and yet, people assert it exists using all sorts of fallacious arguments.

Which unfounded argument based on unexamined evidence will you use to tell me the opposite?

What about when I was filling out my census form?  Is the form wrong, I doubt it?

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
π”°π”’π”―π”­π”’π”«π”±π”¦π” π”¦π”‘π”ž
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necoc Yaotl
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: dustinthewind13]
    #17381574 - 12/12/12 06:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dustinthewind13 said:
Race does exist, but there are greater differences within a race than between races.

I was reading about this recently, that white people are genetically closer to all the African groups than those African groups are to each other. It's a trip and a part of the reason I look my white friends deep in the eye and say in a creepy raspy old voice. "You ain nuttin' buduh a paaale skin nigga..."

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Raven Gnosis]
    #17381589 - 12/12/12 06:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

white people are genetically closer to all the African groups than those African groups are to each other.

Not saying you're wrong, but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Elaborate or provide sources, please.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: EllisDSox]
    #17381604 - 12/12/12 06:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yea,this thread needs sources in all the right places.

--------------------
full blown human

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: EllisDSox]
    #17381698 - 12/12/12 06:26 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This article touches base with it a little. :thumbup:

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-genetic-analysis-modern-humans-evolved.html

"To explore the origins of human evolution, the Stanford research team looked inward, at human DNA. Africans are the most genetically diverse people in the world. But over time, as different populations emigrated from their homeland - splintering into smaller populations within Asia, Europe and the Americas - they carried away only small portions of available diversity. As a result, older original populations have greater genetic diversity, while newer populations have far less. This fact forms the basis of elegant computer-based statistical analyses in the burgeoning field of population genetics."

--------------------
To be human is to be fettered, to endure what one is, in perpetuum, no matter what the debility or perversity.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#17381718 - 12/12/12 06:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Raven Gnosis said:
This article touches base with it a little. :thumbup:

http://phys.org/news/2011-03-genetic-analysis-modern-humans-evolved.html

"To explore the origins of human evolution, the Stanford research team looked inward, at human DNA. Africans are the most genetically diverse people in the world. But over time, as different populations emigrated from their homeland - splintering into smaller populations within Asia, Europe and the Americas - they carried away only small portions of available diversity. As a result, older original populations have greater genetic diversity, while newer populations have far less. This fact forms the basis of elegant computer-based statistical analyses in the burgeoning field of population genetics."

How the fuck did you get this:

Quote:

I was reading about this recently, that white people are genetically closer to all the African groups than those African groups are to each other. It's a trip and a part of the reason I look my white friends deep in the eye and say in a creepy raspy old voice. "You ain nuttin' buduh a paaale skin nigga..."

from this:

Quote:

:omgz:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblebirdland

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #17381747 - 12/12/12 06:33 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

I think he just mis-worded his original statement. I can see what he was trying to convey after reading that journal paragraph

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#17381919 - 12/12/12 07:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dustinthewind13 said:

Give the criterion for position in any race.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: qman]
    #17381923 - 12/12/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

xFrockx said:

What about when I was filling out my census form?  Is the form wrong, I doubt it?

The government has never been wrong or used unfounded arguments as a basis of policy.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#17381932 - 12/12/12 07:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If it exists, provide it.

There is no genetic criterion for any of the many claimed races. Humans exist along a gradient of diversity without distinct separations.

InvisibleRaven Gnosis
Male User Gallery

#17381989 - 12/12/12 07:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:
It wasn't this exact article, but it states what I am talking about, the people who became 'paaale skin niggas' are a part of the hominds who "emigrated from their homeland - splintering into smaller populations within Asia, Europe and the Americas"
:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

#17382073 - 12/12/12 07:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Here is one I found.

Quote:

There are four facts about human variation upon which there is universal agreement. First, the human species as a whole has immense genetic variation from individual to individual. Any two unrelated human beings differ by about 3 million distinct DNA variants.

Second, by far the largest amount of that variation, about 85%, is among individuals within local national or linguistic populations, within the French, within the Kikuyu, within the Japanese. There is diversity from population to population in how much genetic variation each contains, depending upon how much immigration into the population has occurred from a variety of other groups and also on the size of the population. The United States, with a very large population whose ancestors came from all over the earth including the original inhabitants of the New World, is genetically very variable whereas small populations of local Amazonian tribes are less genetically variable, although they are by no means genetically uniform. Despite the differences in amount of genetic variation within local populations, the finding that on the average 85% of all human genetic variation is within local populations has been a remarkably consistent result of independent studies carried out over twenty-five years using data from both proteins and DNA.

Of the remaining 15% of human variation, between a quarter and a half is between local populations within classically defined human β€œraces,” between the French and the Ukrainians, between the Kikuyu and the Ewe, between the Japanese and the Koreans. The remaining variation, about 6% to 10% of the total human variation is between the classically defined geographical races that we think of in an everyday sense as identified by skin color, hair form, and nose shape. This imprecision in assigning the proportion of variation assigned to differences among population within ”races” as compared to variation among β€œraces,” arises precisely because there is no objective way to assign the various human populations to clear-cut races. Into which β€œrace” do the Hindi and Urdu speakers of the Indian sub-continent fall? Should they be grouped with Europeans or with Asians or should a separate race be assigned to them? Are the Lapps of Finland and the Hazari of Afghanistan really Europeans or Asians? What about Indonesians and Melanesians? Different biologists have made different assignments and the number of β€œraces” assigned by anthropologists and geneticists has varied from 3 to 30.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#17382099 - 12/12/12 07:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, you've provided nothing to define any of the groups that the information in the quote talks about having variance within and among. It seems the author of the information takes for granted that the groups exist in the first place, or else they'd have nothing to say.

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx] * 1
    #17382211 - 12/12/12 07:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have no idea what you are talking about.

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#17382243 - 12/12/12 07:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Next time I'm reading the reply-to.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: xFrockx] * 1
    #17382344 - 12/12/12 08:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: Believing in race is fucking dumb [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #17382351 - 12/12/12 08:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Quote:

xFrockx said:

WHITE POWER!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder