Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

meditation and dreaming
    #8552514 - 06/22/08 11:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so it seems that since I've been meditating daily these past few weeks, my dreams have become much more visceral, memorable, and interesting. I've been playing a much more active role in them, am much more aware in them, of thought processes and conditioned reactions and such, and they're just more amazing and provocative. For instance, just last night, I went on a jungle journey with Terence Mckenna and discussed the wonders and ceremonies of Salvia Divinorum. And the night before this I was flying above the Las Vegas of another dimension. Hoping to go into lucidity sometime soon. However, this may merely be a cycle of my dream life. Do any of you experience correlations between meditation and dream intensity? are there any other techniques you've found that foster greater awareness in the dream state?

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8552731 - 06/23/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

one technique that has worked well for me is to wake up at around 4-5 am, meditate for 30-60 mins and fall back asleep again.

daily back stretches also seems to have increased overall lucidity of my dreams. 

huperzine and galantamine work wonders too.

Quote:

Some people who practice lucid dream (LD) or out-of-body experience (OBE) use galantamine to increase their odds to achieve LD or OBE. [9] [10] [11] By taking small amount of galantamine (around 4 to 8 mg) after 5 to 6 hours of deep sleep and practice an induction technique such as meditation, MILD or WILD [3] many people report more success with galantamine. [12]

There are also reports that taking galantamine without proper induction technique will not lead to LD or OBE but will result in only a vivid dream instead. It should also be noted that due to a long half life Galantamine will stay in the body for a period of up to and over 48 hours, as such it is advisable to space out the use of Galantamine over a period of three days so that the body does not build a resistance to the drug ruining its effectiveness. [9]

Galantamine used with choline bitartrate or Alpha-GPC can dramatically increase your odds of becoming lucid. [13] Some people report mixing galantamine with other nootropic can enhance the degree of lucidity, but this is still controversial since some mixtures may work for some people, but lead to failure for others.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: deranger]
    #8553277 - 06/23/08 05:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nearly every time I meditate for any extended period, I have very vivid dreams at night. Sadly if I don't meditate, I hardly remember my dreams at all! It must partly be because I've smoke soooo much weed and hash non-stop for years...been meaning to take a break some day, but :shrug:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

InvisibleChronic7

Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #8554333 - 06/23/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Medittaion unclutters your inherent pristine awareness so when you go sleep you will be more aware of what happens, eventually to realise even your waking state is also a dream & all there is is awareness.

--------------------

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: Chronic7]
    #8555393 - 06/23/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

sounds good to me

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8556546 - 06/23/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Meditation definitely aids in my ability to recall my dreams in the morning, be it right away or triggering memory by exterior queues throughout the day, and I also think that it increases my likelihood of becoming lucid. Unfortunately for me, I am not very consistent in my meditative practice so my observations are far and fewer between what I would like.

Also, you may find this of value. It discusses the use(s) that certain Buddhist monks have in regard to lucid dreaming.

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: WScott]
    #8666854 - 07/22/08 08:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Afaik, meditation and lucid dreaming go hand in hand. The whole purpose of meditation is to be aware through all experiences, including dreaming and death.. Dream Yoga focusses on this aspect, for the final purpose of being aware when you die and go to the bardo. I don't know weather the bardo really exists, but I do know meditation helps lucidity a lot, both in dreaming and waking life.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: WScott]
    #8666943 - 07/22/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Meditation definitely aids in my ability to recall my dreams in the morning, be it right away or triggering memory by exterior queues throughout the day, and I also think that it increases my likelihood of becoming lucid. Unfortunately for me, I am not very consistent in my meditative practice so my observations are far and fewer between what I would like.

Also, you may find this of value. It discusses the use(s) that certain Buddhist monks have in regard to lucid dreaming.

A nice straight to the point easy read, THANKYOU!!!

--------------------

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: meditation and dreaming [Re: Diaboleros]
    #17381242 - 12/12/12 05:14 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome thread. I have been aiming to achieve full lucidity and I think this is one of the tools that I may be missing.

--------------------
full blown human

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains