Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Psalm 23
    #17381102 - 12/12/12 04:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everyone

I've gone through some major major crap this year, and It has admittedly absolutely crushed my soul. I've been sleeping most of the day, just because i've basically just given up. My car which has a slow oil leak, started running really really bad a few days ago. The engine was making really strange sounds!!!! I normally would check the oil, but i have been feeling so crap, that i've just not had the strength or desire to live or do anything. Yes i know, im a loser!!!

btw, my car had absolutely no oil!!!!! :facepalm3:

Which brings me to Psalm 23.

Has this passage ever lifted you up (like it has for me today)?, what do you take from it?

Psalm 23:1 A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
Psalm 23:3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Edited by blessed (12/14/12 02:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Psalm 23 [Re: blessed]
    #17383536 - 12/12/12 11:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck with all your troubles man

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Psalm 23 [Re: blessed] * 1
    #17383585 - 12/12/12 11:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting. I always found that Christian and Hebrew stuff to cause more anxiety than anything else. I remember when I had my mom take me to my hernia operation and before the anesthesia she pulled out that psalm 23 and read it and told me I'd be ok. Before she did that it never even occurred tome that I was going in to the valley of death. I thought she was taking me on more of an errand than anything but being the fucked up religious poop she is she has to wreck everything. Try doing something useful instead of wasting your time with religion. It'll bring you down and make you feel worthless, like a sinner, which you are not because sin is an invention of religion itself. Those Psalms and everything are based on making you feel powerless and you will be much better off without that crap in your life.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#17384407 - 12/13/12 07:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

...that i've just not had the strength or desire to live or do anything.

Quote:

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

:feelsweirdman:

Offlineinnerspace

#17384573 - 12/13/12 08:29 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You're not a loser. You do, however, sound depressed. No shame in that. Good luck.

--------------------
Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

#17384633 - 12/13/12 08:49 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Hello everyone

I've gone through some major major crap this year, and It has admittedly absolutely crushed my soul. I've been sleeping most of the day, just because i've basically just given up. My car which has a slow oil leak, started running really really bad a few days ago. The engine was making really strange sounds!!!! I normally would check the oil, but i have been feeling so crap, that i've just not had the strength or desire to live or do anything. Yes i know, im a loser!!!

btw, my car had absolutely no oil!!!!! :facepalm3:

Which brings me to Psalm 23.

Has this passage ever lifted you up (like it has for me today)?, what do you take from it?

Psalm 23:1 A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
Psalm 23:3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Also please consider listening to more on Psalm 23 here;

http://www.leadingtheway.org/web/guest/listen;jsessionid=9AF86A74E479B79DBB5EF16AAD0775BA?p_auth=2xSd1Mol&p_p_id=mediaAreaTabs_WAR_LTWWeb_INSTANCE_X7r10dvKIGnB&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-2&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=2&_mediaAreaTabs_WAR_LTWWeb_INSTANCE_X7r10dvKIGnB_episodeId=92&_mediaAreaTabs_WAR_LTWWeb_INSTANCE_X7r10dvKIGnB_javax.portlet.action=playEpisode

I'm sorry about your troubles and your car, what you need is the Holy Spirit to come and grant you a peaceful mind, call upon the name of Jesus Christ constantly and he will give you his peace. Constantly pray the name "Jesus Christ" in your mind and it will transform your being.

Edited by TheWiseFool (12/13/12 08:52 AM)

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

Re: Psalm 23 [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #17384682 - 12/13/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Interesting. I always found that Christian and Hebrew stuff to cause more anxiety than anything else. I remember when I had my mom take me to my hernia operation and before the anesthesia she pulled out that psalm 23 and read it and told me I'd be ok. Before she did that it never even occurred tome that I was going in to the valley of death. I thought she was taking me on more of an errand than anything but being the fucked up religious poop she is she has to wreck everything. Try doing something useful instead of wasting your time with religion. It'll bring you down and make you feel worthless, like a sinner, which you are not because sin is an invention of religion itself. Those Psalms and everything are based on making you feel powerless and you will be much better off without that crap in your life.

That psalm is not necessarily talking about our lives it is really talking about Jesus Christ and his Passion.

What Jesus Christ represents though is power in the time of weakness. He is God who came to earth to make men have his divine nature. If we are humble to accept him then we can become divine like he is. So its not just about being weak, its about becoming weak so that you can become strong.

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

Re: Psalm 23 [Re: TheWiseFool]
    #17384692 - 12/13/12 09:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What do you make of Jesus being literally the sacred meal in the wilderness?

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

Re: Psalm 23 [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #17384744 - 12/13/12 09:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FishOilTheKid said:
What do you make of Jesus being literally the sacred meal in the wilderness?

What do you mean? The wilderness which the Israelites went through?

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#17384827 - 12/13/12 09:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah the Israelites and their bread.  Jesus the bread?

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

#17384995 - 12/13/12 10:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Jesus said that was a prefiguration of the true bread from heaven who Jesus is, he didn't say it was Jesus himself who came down back then in the wilderness.

John 6

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Edited by TheWiseFool (12/13/12 10:36 AM)

InvisibleHeartAndMind
Male User Gallery

#17385008 - 12/13/12 10:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I remember being in similar state years back. I was just sleeping days and nights, doing nothing. Was waiting for something.
Then slowly and steadily step by step got out of it. You know how they say: A thousand mile journey starts with a single step. But first step was hardest.
Good luck!:peace:

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#17385086 - 12/13/12 10:58 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I see.

Quote:

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life

So, a literal ingestion of the savior?  Or is this figurative.

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

#17385129 - 12/13/12 11:06 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FishOilTheKid said:
I see.

Quote:

It is literal and it is spiritual. Literal because in the Sacrament of holy communion, Jesus is present in the bread that is consecrated, and it is spiritual because through prayer a person can be eating Jesus as the bread of life.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#17386002 - 12/13/12 02:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheWiseFool said:
Quote:

Rail_Gun said:

That psalm is not necessarily talking about our lives it is really talking about Jesus Christ and his Passion.

What Jesus Christ represents though is power in the time of weakness. He is God who came to earth to make men have his divine nature. If we are humble to accept him then we can become divine like he is. So its not just about being weak, its about becoming weak so that you can become strong.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

If say to you, "You are not worthless!"

What will you think of that statement?

To me I'd be rather angered that anyone had ever thought I was worthless. Maybe if you already have low self esteem and think you're worthless it might help somehow but I still doubt it. Such statements are intended it create feelings of worthlessness in the individual and so are frequently encountered by ministers, pastors, Imams, priests, etc. It's necessary to convince you that you're some how dirty or unworthy before they can sell you the false remedy of redemption or religious faith to their invented disease of sin or unworthiness.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#17386020 - 12/13/12 02:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FishOilTheKid said:
I see.

Quote:

Supposedly literal. In the 16th century under Catholic rule it became a death penalty offense to doubt the literal transformation of wheat wafers in to flesh for cannibalistic consumption. There are presently around a billion humans on Earth who still believe in this myth.

--------------------

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

#17386224 - 12/13/12 02:49 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Quote:

TheWiseFool said:
Quote:

Rail_Gun said:

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

If say to you, "You are not worthless!"

What will you think of that statement?

To me I'd be rather angered that anyone had ever thought I was worthless. Maybe if you already have low self esteem and think you're worthless it might help somehow but I still doubt it. Such statements are intended it create feelings of worthlessness in the individual and so are frequently encountered by ministers, pastors, Imams, priests, etc. It's necessary to convince you that you're some how dirty or unworthy before they can sell you the false remedy of redemption or religious faith to their invented disease of sin or unworthiness.

If you said "you are not worthless" i would say yes and no. I am worthless because I am mortal and subject to evil in this life and am tarnished by The Fall. I am not worthless because I understand the meaning of life and the cause of life - God, so I can realize the great importance of my own life. I am not worthless, everything in this life is a miracle and just my very being is a miracle, it is not something I created but it came from a certain source, and also this source is available to me through Jesus Christ.

Now we are unworthy, we should understand this because the life we live is a miracle, a gift freely given, but also to realize that we are tarnished by The Fall of Man and only by Jesus Christ can we be made pure again. The Fall of Man has made us become less like God, as we are mean to be, and more like mindless animals.

This idea of our unworthiness purifies us because we are able to realize our nothingness without God, the source and sustainer of life. The recognition of our unworthiness comes when we realize that we have lost our life without God and have no hope, no faith in anything good.

The idea of unworthiness is humility. Humility does not mean to beat ones self up with negativity; it means to recognize the things for the way they are, to return to ones natural state. Jesus on the cross shows us what the natural state is, it is humility. Man even though he is lowly has been given the gifts of God for free and so should be thankful.

Edited by TheWiseFool (12/13/12 03:01 PM)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#17387284 - 12/13/12 06:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheWiseFool said:

If you said "you are not worthless" i would say yes and no. I am worthless because I am mortal and subject to evil in this life and am tarnished by The Fall. I am not worthless because I understand the meaning of life and the cause of life - God, so I can realize the great importance of my own life. I am not worthless, everything in this life is a miracle and just my very being is a miracle, it is not something I created but it came from a certain source, and also this source is available to me through Jesus Christ.

--------------------

OfflineTheWiseFool
Stranger

#17387762 - 12/13/12 07:32 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:
Quote:

TheWiseFool said:

If you said "you are not worthless" i would say yes and no. I am worthless because I am mortal and subject to evil in this life and am tarnished by The Fall. I am not worthless because I understand the meaning of life and the cause of life - God, so I can realize the great importance of my own life. I am not worthless, everything in this life is a miracle and just my very being is a miracle, it is not something I created but it came from a certain source, and also this soue]rce is available to me through Jesus Christ.[/quot

The evils which you depicted there represent the brokenness of our human condition in its extremity. The fact that this does not happen to all babies is a sign that there is more good than evil still in this world even though it is a very imperfect world.

It can be explained for why that happened too, factors like radiation, something which we caused on ourselves and our fellow humans.

Its a Fallen world, it is gone from God's presence and that is why things like this happen in the first place. This is also why Jesus came here so that even in spite of these evils, we would have God's Peace in our hearts so it would not be nearly as bad.

The Knowledge of Good and Evil which Genesis says we partake of makes life for us much harder too. This is our own mind is many times our own worst enemy because we constantly make it an infallible judge.

Edited by TheWiseFool (12/13/12 07:46 PM)

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #17392591 - 12/14/12 04:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hello again
Thank you Repertoire89, Rail_Gun,  innerspace, TheWiseFool, and HeartAndMind.  :kenthumbup:

I do want to add that when i made this thread, i had just finished listen to an audio program on the passage. I just wanted to explain that, while it was on the text, it was also the program that encourage me.  Also that morning i had only just decided to try again, i was thinking about going back to bed, but i didn't. i am feeling much better now. Thanks again everyone :thumbup:

Edit: oh and my car is running alright again. oil!!! who would have thought :wink:

Quote:

Rail_Gun said:

Hello Rail_Gun

To me it is the message of the Bible and verses like these that actually picks me up, i know it doesn't sound that way by my post, but it's actually gives me a hope. I have been brought up going to church, and therefor i can't say for sure, but i still think i would feel down and beat myself up even if i didn't believe in the Bible. But again, i can't say for sure, but i don't think my sadness comes from my beliefs.

Also with what you said to TheWiseFool, "Maybe if you already have low self esteem and think you're worthless it might help somehow but I still doubt it".

This is kinda the case for me. Verses like these are like a call from someone that cares about you, reminding that things will be alright. I guess your Mum way trying to help, and as you said, it didn't. I can't speak for anyone else, but i think it's something that we can all do sometimes, try to help and only end up making it worse. There is a flip side to this, it's how one reacts that also shows our heart. If i had someone say something like this to me now, and it didn't help, i would not let it stop the fact that they are my friend or family, and that it's not what others do to me that matters, but what i do to them. I would depending on what they said, also tell them. To let them know that they didn't help, but my point is the reason i would say something is because i care for them. One day these people will look back and think surely this person was truly my friend. it's not that i want them to think that im so great, but that unlike so many phonies, that this guy was genuine. something laking today unfortunately, in my opinion.

Quote:

FishOilTheKid said:
Quote:

...that i've just not had the strength or desire to live or do anything.

Quote:

:feelsweirdman:

Hello FishOilTheKid

I don't think that the passage says that we won't have troubles, or feel bad from those troubles, but i believe that what it's saying is that God's goodness, and love will always be with me no matter what happens. Also i am convinced that sometimes God will allow us in situations that while painful, helps us to call out and have hope in God alone, how can i show God, that i trust him if im never in a place of doubt and fear? and how can God ever show my that my faith is week unless he put me in the same kind of situation? In all helping my faith grow, and removing the impurity from it. So even while i've been feeling this way, i believe that God has been there helping me through this dark time. His goodness and love were with me, even if i didn't see it.

This is what i take from Psalm 23,

My God watches over me, he will take care of all my needs. He gives my soul peace, so that i may rest in him. He will also provide for me the water of life that comes from the peace that comes from knowing him and being his.

He holds my life in his hands, and he is with me as i grow in him, and become what i was created to be. Even though i will have dark days, He will always be with me and will protect me from my enemies. His words reminds me of his love for me, and also his correction too, while painful at the time, they help me grow. God will show my enemies that he is with me, and in front of their very eyes, and ears, he is preparing me for eternity, and the goodness that he has installed for me.

God will be with me no matter what, there is nothing that will separate me from his love and purpose, because of him, i will make it home. where i will never have to feel the pain of this terrible journey. I will be at peace forever and ever.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds