Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: LSDXM]
    #17380934 - 12/12/12 04:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Krash Kharma said:
Wow there's just, like, heaps of misinformation in this thread.

No, acid can't cause serotonin syndrome.
No, candy flipping won't give you serotonin syndrome.

Jesus christ people just google the fucking term. The first result explains the causes of serotonin syndrome perfectly clearly.

So I googled the term, clicked the first result, and found this:

Quote:

Drugs of abuse, such as ecstasy and LSD have also been associated with serotonin syndrome.

:smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17381801 - 12/12/12 06:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

Krash Kharma said:

Jesus christ people just google the fucking term. The first result explains the causes of serotonin syndrome perfectly clearly.

Quote:

Drugs of abuse, such as ecstasy and LSD have also been associated with serotonin syndrome.

Hahaha I love you dude. I thought I made it pretty clear I searched around and couldn't find anything conclusive. I saw another forum where a guy said his friend died from a candyflip and serotonin syndrome but he didn't expand on it. My guess is pma or some other shitty X.

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Serotonin syndrome is often talked about, rarely understood and rarely occurs.

Too much serotonin diffusing out of the synapses is bad. 
Your body normally destroys escaped serotonin.
If it can't destroy it, or can't destroy it fast enough, bad things happen.
Unfortunately symptoms are pretty generic.

Serotonin syndrome is most likely to occur if you have too much serotonin and can't destroy it, this normally only occurs when taking an MAOI (which reduces or removes the enzyme which destroys it).

Mixing sertonogenic drugs can increase your chances but I think they are still pretty small, unless MAOIs are added ontop (most cases that have gone to the hospital and been labeled serotonin syndrome by doctors are thanks to an MAOI being mixed with other serotonin based drugs).

Mixing Psychedelics and MDMA is fine, but you want to start watching out when an MAOI gets involved.

This was the most informative post on here! Thanks!

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #17382153 - 12/12/12 07:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

Krash Kharma said:

Quote:

Hahaha I love you dude. I thought I made it pretty clear I searched around and couldn't find anything conclusive. I saw another forum where a guy said his friend died from a candyflip and serotonin syndrome but he didn't expand on it. My guess is pma or some other shitty X.

Isn't it a shame that these drugs are illegal and there's little to no research into their pharmacological effects going on?  Maybe if we put more effort into researching the side effects and potential dangers, they would be safer to use.  But nevermind that.  These drugs are illegal, so they're bad, so there's no sense in conducting further research :rolleyes:

I'm awfully cynical today :lol:

OfflinePeanutButter
Stranger

Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17382378 - 12/12/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen loads and loads of (sometimes careless) people candyflip and never witnessed a serotonin syndrome case so I'm gonna say the chance is low, just make sure you've had your tolerance breaks beforehand if you're really gonna go hard with both substances.

OfflineS.E.QLD Hunter
Can't Wait TIl Summer
Male

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Aus... Flag
Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: PeanutButter]
    #17382449 - 12/12/12 08:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

@Vicarious Greg, it's because Big Pharma companies want to develop new drugs that are 'more affective' for people and make money from it, im talking billions of bucks...That's what happens over in America, and as we follow the American tradition nowadays (we're copycatting you guys in America), we also do it.  Your god damn right it's a shame.  LSD can be used in the treatment of therapy, and their have been studies conducted by some people in regards to how effective MDMA is for alleviating PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)/other anxiety issues and whatnot.

Peace.

--------------------
South-East Queensland Mushroom Hunter.
Hit me up for a private message if you're keen...:wink:

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: S.E.QLD Hunter]
    #17385064 - 12/13/12 10:54 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Just a note,  be sure,as someone else said, wait until  your peaking until you take your Molly.  That crash is a bitch while your still tripping:smile:

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Candyflipping and Serotonin Syndrome? [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #17386027 - 12/13/12 02:11 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
Just a note,  be sure,as someone else said, wait until  your peaking until you take your Molly.  That crash is a bitch while your still tripping:)

dose the molly at the same time as the lsd, then have more molly to redose as needed. problem solved.

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder