Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
learn from this
    #1733930 - 07/21/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For the past few months, I had been planning to make a trip to visit some of my bros that I hadn't seen for a while. Everybody was looking forward to getting out in great outdoors, munch'n some shrooms and smokn some erb. So, we woke up early Sauturday morning and headed for the wilderness of Northern Arizona.

We found a nice place in the mountains by a lake with alot of trails and not too many people. The elevation was about 5000 feet and the temp was in the low 90's- we made sure to bring a couple gallons of water.

Once we got out and started hiking around, we found a place to sit and eat the mush. The two most experienced ate 1/8 each and the least expierienced at 2.5 g's. We then started to hike some trails and eventually ended up smoking a doobie at the top of the hill. After walking around for about 90 mins, we found a good place to relax and trip on the clouds.

By now, it was starting to get hot and we were running low on water because we left one of the jugs in the car. The least experienced of us was starting to become very delusional, began mumbling to himself and showing signs of dehdration. To make matters worse, we were all tripn hard and didn't want to leave our seclusion and face the sober people who had gathered by the lake.

After another 20 minutes had past, my bro started to become very pale and weak. The other two of us started to become concerned and decided that getting the other jug of water from the car had to happen soon. I decided to go back to car and get the jug while the other bro stayed and watched our troubled friend. By the time I got down to the lake, I realized that in our psychadelic stupor, we had wondered clear to the other side of the lake.

It took about 15 minutes to get to the car and back, and I was very lucky to find my bros in the middle of the woods. By now, my friend was completely pale, very delusional and having trouble putting one foot in front of the other- he resembled an 80 year-old with alzheimer's disease, and unfortunatley, the jug of water didn't help much.

We started to get very worried about permanent brain damage and decided that we should start heading back to the car and get some help. After getting about half way back, I decided to run back ahead of them and call an ambulance. I was fortunate that a forrest ranger happened to be driving through the parking lot and I flagged him down. He called for help and my bros barely made it back to the lot when help arrived.

As it turned out, two of the three of us ended up hooked up to an IV in an emergency room, drinking charcoal and explaining what happened to the nurses. We decided to tell them the whole story, that we had consumed some mushrooms and become dehydrated due to the heat. Everybody had completely recovered by that night and realized how lucky we were to be alright.

The moral of the story is that hiking around the forrest on mushrooms in 90 degree heat can cause some serious problems, especially if you are not familiar with mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: learn from this [Re: chineseguy]
    #1733991 - 07/21/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm...

I really don't see what the problem is. The one who became pale didn't sound unhealthy. I'm willing to bet that if you would have waited it out, he would have been just fine. BTW...I'm not getting on to you or anything, just giving you my opinion. :wink:

Take care...Peace. :laugh:

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: learn from this [Re: Darkcloud]
    #1735014 - 07/21/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>We started to get very worried about permanent brain damage and decided that we should start heading back to the car and get some help.

While I agree what you did was the "right thing"...you have nothing to fear about shrooms damaging your brain.  You should have just been a little more prepared as far as keeping plenty of water with ya...but honestly...none of you were in danger from the mush...dehydration, however, is a very real concern...so it's good that you got help for your friend.

Live and Learn!  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: learn from this [Re: Boppity604]
    #1735142 - 07/21/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dehydration can hit you without notice even when you are stone cold sober, so when inebriated I can imagine that it is really hard to tell that your body is doing so much work. As soon as I started reading your story I knew it was going to end in an ER somewhere, just a gut feeling and sure enough. The trick to that is that you don't have to tell the whole story. I'm concerned about the practice of the Charcoal though.

I need to be corrected here if wrong, but aren't the psychoactive agents already in your bloodstream or neurotransmitters? What good does the charcoal do? I did the exact same thing a long time ago and the ER had the same practice of epicac followed by a charcoal cocktail. All it did was freak me out and I did not come down from the trip until around the normal time. They treat shrooms or LSD as poison. The only appropriate measure they took was the IV.

I can imagine that in a dry state like Arizona at 5000 feet the sweat that you normally notice while on shrooms just evaporates off, so you don't notice that you are losing that much fluid. It is very humid where I am so you can sort of gauge how much water you are losing.
I'm guessing the next time everyone involved will have a two quart camel pack on their backs to drink from and lots of extra water close at hand. Especially for a summer trip.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: learn from this [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1735469 - 07/21/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>What good does the charcoal do?

I would think it's a standard protocol to help get out any remaining remnants of the shroom material from the stomach as well as to help avoid possible poisoning.  Not many doctors out there care enough to know the difference between cubensis and something dangerous...especially if you don't tell them specifically "I ate cubensis mushrooms" and can tell them you didn't eat enough to OD.

Dehydration is nasty for sure.  Whenever I used to roll on MDMA I would always make sure to drink at least one bottle of water ever two hours.  And especially when you're on a psychedelic, it's pretty important to keep things like your body temp. on the forefront of your mind.  :smile:  I'm just glad his friend was okay.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: learn from this [Re: Boppity604]
    #1737717 - 07/22/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

they did this shit to a friend of mine a few years back. me, him, and another friend consumed over a pound of fresh cubensis together and he totally whigged out, took off his clothes and screamed and shit. some stupid girl drove him home and he ended up telling his parents what happened. they took him to the ER and they made him puke, gave him charcoal, and a $3000 medical bill. my other friend and i, who drank the same juice, were just fine.

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Re: learn from this [Re: houshroom]
    #1738018 - 07/22/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, theres no doubt in my mind that the combonation of heat and mushrooms were what caused this problem. If it were not for the heat, everybody would have been fine and if we were out in the heat without eating shrooms everybody would have also been fine. I think your heart race is increased while on mushrooms and this causes you to expend more energy and become dehydrated faster than normal.

My friends said the charcoal sobered them up very fast. Yeah, its standard protocolfor anybody that has ingested something poisonous and is a appealing alternative to having one's stomach pumped. As for myself, I was already sober after being put throught all that and fortunate I didnt end up in the ER with them. It was by far the scariest experience I have encountered while intoxicated and possibly ever.

Anonymous

#1738406 - 07/22/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Chineseguy did the people at the hospital call the cops or anything-since you ate some illegal shrooms? I might not be making sense now but my friend is just coming off a trip. :wink:. I know that made no sense.
-Mr.Sleep

InvisibleTomJoad
Goddamn Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: learn from this [Re: MrSleep]
    #1740029 - 07/22/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it sounds like the charcoal is probably just because mushrooms are misunderstood, and i imagine stories about people trying to trip and eating the wrong ones are pretty common in medical circles, so they might figure better safe than sorry... it seems also that the charcoal is used to condition you against doing whatever you did again. I had a "friend" who tried to commit suicide w/ pills and they made her drink charcoal, an experience which is the main reason i don't think she'll try again. at least not that way.

InvisibleTomJoad
Goddamn Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: learn from this [Re: TomJoad]
    #1740032 - 07/22/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

btw thanks for sharing your story, i'm sorry you and your friends had to go thru that but hopefully we can all learn from your experience.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1740209 - 07/23/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

good story. That's probably what'd I would've done if all else failed. As a matter of fact, it did. I was at a festival and this kid never done acid tho played out like he did n knew what he was talkin bout. I took 5 hits n he took 2? hits, some shrooms, and drank some beer. This kid puked on ground of the Paralounge then the ppl gathered around n directed him out so I had to take him. So he starts wimpering bout wantin to go back home to his parents in Alabama.(note:we're in Live Oak, FL and I'm beginning to trip my ass off) So I didn't want to end my JUST BEGINNING NIGHT of tripping on a lot of cid. So I figured HEY maybe music will lift this hell from him. So we start walking and it's bout a half mile walk to the music and we made it bout 100 yards until he pushed away from me and was on the ground in fetal position. I panicked like never before. I walked in a circle trippin nuts thinkin "OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIT" until finally, I thought something reasonable. Instead of fucking up my trip too n having to stay with this kid I walked over to some dude camping n explained my situation and asked that they call the paramedics quick and I'd go off to the music n try my utmost hardest to get this shit off my shoulders. So... walking on the way, the ambulance passes by me. There's always that one ambulance that comes through the campgrounds for an OD. This kid was fine tho besides a lil vomit, shit i didn't know what else to do. The next day me n my other buddy who came with me went up to the hospital n asked where he was. This dude gave me his wallet, nice fellow, and told bout this crazy kid. Then I found later an 1/8 of dro he left behind. But back to the story, the kid was shipped out to an undisclosed location and only his family could reach him.

Later, we found out he went to a mental hospital for a month and hasn't drugs ever since.

But besides that, good story.

sry if I went on a bit

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Anonymous

Re: learn from this [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1740825 - 07/23/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Charcoal is used to neutralize anything (usually) you've swallowed, so I've heard.
-Mr.Sleep

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Re: learn from this [Re: MrSleep]
    #1740881 - 07/23/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MrSleep said:
Chineseguy did the people at the hospital call the cops or anything-since you ate some illegal shrooms? I might not be making sense now but my friend is just coming off a trip. :wink:. I know that made no sense.
-Mr.Sleep 

Nope. All the people that helped us were real cool about everything. They asked us if we had any mushrooms left so they could identify them, to which the answer was no. I suppose all they could have done was charge us with public intoxication or something.

At first, I thought only my one friend was going to go to the hospital, so I was waiting down by the car for the other to come down and tell me what was going on. As it turned out, he decided that he wasn't feeling good either and needed to take the ambulance to the hospital with our other friend, which left me stranded at the lake by myself, still slightly tripn. One of the firefighters was nice enough to give me a ride to the ER in the fire engine, which was cool as hell, otherwise I would of had to drive my friends car to the hospital slightly tripn.

good story Cracka.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1741084 - 07/23/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The Molglion rim is an awesome place to trip ! I think you guys all got a bit noid and over reacted to the feelings of "onset" . It is normal to get a little palid in the face ,feel quesy in the stomach , some folks even get stomach cramps . It is very important however to pack plenty of fluids to drink when exploring AZ , no matter if in the desert locales or the forests . Is also a good idea to take fruits , such as oranges , nectarines , apples , they can aide in removing the upset stomach ,many encounter when eating any halucinogen .
The only time one should be concerned with tripping on mushies is ......
Was the source a reliable one , were the mushies grown in a contaminated sub etc ?????
If out picking wild ones ....be concerned , there are two types of mushie hunters ........EXPERIENCED KNOWLEGABLE ONES , AND DEAD ONES !
Better luck next time !
IMHO the worst part of your trip was having your guts filled with charcoal (done so as to absorb poisons etc ) , telling nurses you were on such things could bring you some serious troubles from law enforcement . Did they pump your stomachs ? ECH ! What a fucking nightmare !
Like I said better luck next time , and be more prepared , lay around on the forest floor verses roaming around in the heat .
By the way what lake did you go to ?
Trip n D
PS walking funny , having trouble putting one foot in front of the other is normal when eating good sized doses , kinda like sailing .....takes awhile to get your sea legs , or in this case trippin legs ! Delusional trips are the best as long as one is not gettin phycotic in nature (wanting to harm oneself or others ) , talking to trees , bugs and oneself is okay too , especially when they answer back !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1741087 - 07/23/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"All the people that helped us were real cool about everything. They asked us if we had any mushrooms left so they could identify them, to which the answer was no. I suppose all they could have done was charge us with public intoxication or something."

I'm thinking that they probably knew exactly what was going on, and wanted to get some shrooms for evidence to turn over to the cops. I don't think anything could be madeof it legally otherwise.
  Preparation is key, having stuff to drink and all, maybe some high energy snacks of you're gonna be out hiking. I remember us carrying around jugs of really cheap fruit juice when we'd go out tripping for the evening, definately something to have as cottonmouth while tripping sucks. I remember another time me and two guys going into some place, already tripping a bit, and seeing the Rachel's Brownies display...I loved 'em, so I grab one, then another, then another, and then just spill the whole lot over the counter. We were hysterical. Ahhh, to be 18 and tripping :smile:

Invisibletripndicular

Re: learn from this [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1741130 - 07/23/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

IV is to establish fluids in the blood stream , and aid in being able to inject meds into the person if need be , such as adrenaline , pain killers , etc..... , this will not reduce toxic chemicals in blood stream , as these folks thought they were dealing with . So the charcoal was neeeded from their point of view , they had no idea if you ate wild mushies etc , or swallowed a gallon of bleach .
The charcoal absorbs poisons and other nasties , usually followed by epicac or stomach pumping , theroy is give toxins a place to collect the cause them to abort thru pumping or epicac , some times they just have you shit that rock out , the idea is to reduce the amount of the toxin getting into the bloodstream thru normal digetstive process .
So they did exactly what they should have done ............remove or reduce the chances of more toxins entering the bloodstream !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: learn from this [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1741151 - 07/23/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Asking for leftovers was precautionary(wild poisonous ones ) , and yes to establish any illegal activity . If you had produced some .....you would have went to jail after your hospital visit . Sherrif Joe loves putting you up in a tent after such admissions !

--------------------

OfflineDrBonG
JTO KREW

Re: learn from this [Re: tripndicular]
    #1755675 - 07/28/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

uhhhhhhhh no! They CAN NOT call the cops on you for taking ANY illegal drugs.

--------------------
Cemetery lady, my cemetery girl
Cemetery baby, I want you in my world
Cemetery woman, we can still be down
You're more than just a corpse to a psychopathic clown

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: learn from this [Re: DrBonG]
    #1755732 - 07/28/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I could be very wrong here, so correct me if I am, but I think you're right. If you go to the hospital, or take anybody to the hospital for a drug related emergency they won't charge you. The reason being that they would rather have people go to the hospital if they need medical attention, then have them die because their afraid of getting charged.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: learn from this [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1755795 - 07/28/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There are some very fine lines that define what can and cannot be done with regards to medicine/hospitals/doctors and police. I am not a lawyer... based upon research I have done in the past, this is what I have figured out:

Conversations with your doctor about what you have done are protected.

Conversations with your doctor about what you are going to do are not always protected.

Conversations with nursing staff or other employees are not protected, usually.

Items found in your clothing, on you, etc are not protected.

So if you go to the hospital and tell them that you just ate an OD of DOB, they are not going to send you to jail.

If you go to the hospital and tell them that you have an ounce of cannabis in your pocket, you might end up in jail after they heal you.

If you go to the hospital and tell them that you were cooking meth in your kitchen and sucked down some NH4 fumes and plan to finish cooking as soon as they heal you, you will probably end up in jail as well. (In this case you are protected from what you did to get sick, but you are not protected from what you are planning to do.)

Of course this all depends upon where you live, how cool your doctor is, etc etc etc...

Bottom line is they can do anything they wish, but most doctors are more concerned about your health than about the legal system. Always be honest with your doctor about what you have done. Do not be so trusting of your doctor's staff.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate