Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Virus Question
    #1737694 - 07/22/03 08:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, I'm definately not very adept at computer tech so I thought I'd ask some of the much more knowledgeable minds here - I have the W32/FunLove.gen virus on my computer here, and every time I clean it out, it still comes back, but in a different location. Any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Virus Question [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1737697 - 07/22/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Funlove Info

Another source

This is the same virus as the .gen

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: Virus Question [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1737701 - 07/22/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, I checked out the info, but it doesn't give removal instructions for XL. Doesn't seem to be much of problem, though, just kind of annoying.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1737702 - 07/22/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Do you mean XP? If so I imagine the NT tool would work but you could always write them and ask.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1737706 - 07/22/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Did you miss this?

Cleaning this virus requires using SCAN.EXE with a minimum engine of v4.0.70, in combination with VirusScan or NetShield 4.5 product.
Command Line Stand Alone W32/FunLove.4099 Virus Remover

On WinNT, the NTOSKRNL.EXE and NTLDR files should be restored from backup to remove the potential security hole created by FunLove.

Removal of the FUNLOVE Virus Worm in an Enterprise Environment (.RTF).
For Bootscan,
Using a clean system, extract this update and copy over existing emergency boot disk files.

This virus can be cleaned off any hard drives using an emergency disk made from a known clean system.

The cleaned system must remain disconnected from any network until all the remaining systems have been scanned and cleaned. You will need to boot from a clean floppy with the emergency repair product on each system, including Microsoft servers.

The virus in any infected system will infect other systems on the same network that "share" disk space. It additionally is memory resident and will re-infect all systems that share disk space with it as fast as you clean them if connected to the network during or after cleaning.

Cleaning Windows 9x/ME, WinNT/2K/XP FAT systems:
Use specified engine and DAT files for detection. To remove, boot to MS-DOS mode or use an emergency boot diskette and use the command line scanner such as "SCAN.EXE C: /CLEAN /ALL"

Cleaning Windows NT/2K/XP NTFS systems

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Re: Virus Question [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1737711 - 07/22/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, I just ran across that...which in my case means it'll get fixed by someone who can actually understand all that when it gets to the point of being a problem..thanks for the help, though.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1737714 - 07/22/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Your welcome.

Just do yourself a favor..... get either Norton or McAfee and keep the definitions updated so you'll have no problems in the future.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1