Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The Colours Formed All...
    #1737666 - 07/22/03 09:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I had an experience a couple days back, which has led to me getting involved with astral projection..every night before bed, I try. It has been slow work so far, but last night something struck me.
As almost all of us have done mushrooms and smoked some dope, we know all about the.. how to describe it....let's say the little specks of light that float everywhere, the sort of glowing, still don't know how to describe it. Also, the closed eye visuals, that we even get when sober.
I've watched those cev's get more and more detailed and formed everytime I try this, and last night, I was struck with the strongest deja vu.. something I had thought of before but didn't remember thinking about at all. I remember the thought "and the colours formed all"; I don't know where it came from, exactly, but I think it was a discussion, something about the different colours, and how they took form and made all that is. I have a lot of parallel thoughts; the lyrics of Lateralus (black and white are all I see, red and yellow then came to be.....), something I read about astral projection, the more something is thought of or focused on, the more it becomes real and more defined...
I really don't know what I am trying to say, this is the farthest I've went out on a limb while posting something... I think it is because I'm trying to describe something I haven't really known, but felt...
I'm hoping someone recognizes some of this, and has more to say. Something they thought of while tripping, perhaps? Or something they've came across while astral projecting or lucid dreaming? I'd appreciate it.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1737742 - 07/22/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

AP is cool, don't let it frighten you.  Explore it, have fun, and if you can find someone with whom you can talk about this face-to-face.  Also try www.psipog.net ; I haven't really seen AP articles on there, but it's a good resource for lots of things dealing with psi and related energy.

Maybe I'll meet you up there some time :smile:  I don't remember ever having done it, but I am very familiar with lots of stuff you've mentioned in this and other posts.  Just, be curious, and don't let fear detract from youc experiences.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: neutralizer]
    #1737770 - 07/22/03 11:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not frightened; I'm very excited (which is almost a fault right now). I may have actually gotten to the point where I would be able to project, felt a lot of sensations, including feeling like I was floating on a lake, etc. However, I always thought that I'd be "transported" somewhere, or something, and I also had too many thoughts going. I didn't realize that you basically have to get up and go out into the world from your world (I was reading the stuff on Mysticweb, learned a lot of helpful stuff there, check out that post for a link).
Anyways, this post isn't actually about astral projection in general (off topic, when searching on google, i found Astral Projection, the band, so I'm listening to some good trance right now.... and I've heard of them before this, by the way, thanks to a good friend of mine), it's about the colours forming everything. I really can't go too much into it other than that, cause I really don't know what it means myself, other than that possibly these "colours" are what took form into everything that we know, and are so real now because they've been reinforced. I'm just wondering if anyone more experienced might be able to enlighten me...
(and maybe I'll run into you, too, just ask for fireworks_god while you are up there, i'll come if i am up there... hell, we should choose some location for shroomery members to congreate, like in a mushroom patch in oregon or something....hehe)
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineneutralizer
    #1737805 - 07/22/03 12:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hehe, I will definately search for you :smile:

I also see colours lots of times, either while meditating, or about to go to sleep...or more recentely while I'm wide awake and sometimes sober.  Don't know what it means, I kind of thought that it happens to other people too.  It's kind of like...staring at a good winamp visualization plug-in, overlayed onto my normal eyesight.  Doesn't happen all the time, and it doesn't bother me when it does happen as I can quite easily force myself to ignore it.

I've been lazy and have not explored it very much =\  I've been slacking off and not meditating much lately, but soon (I hope) I'm going to get back into practice.  The thing that has been really interesting to me is (at least I think that's what it is) becoming able to hear my usually-unconscious thoughts, and to even begin having dialogues with myself.  It started happenning to me while stoned, and while meditating, and recently I have been able to quiet myself and commune with myself while sober and wide awake.  At the least, it's a way for me to really be honest with myself.  Also many people say that if you can do it, you should seach yourself and ask your unconscious mind for answers to questions that you have problems figuring out, from anything from "what is love?" to "how do I AP?"

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1737818 - 07/22/03 12:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, being stoned seems to increase your perceptiveness of all of your thoughts. That's all right when you are by yourself (well, it depends on what kind of thoughts run through your head), but myself, I have millions of contradictory thoughts at once, and when they start debating while I'm at work, it sort of sucks (especially since I worked with my best friend, and we could basically hear each others thoughts a lot of the time). Our thoughts make who we are, I believe, so anytime I'd have a thought that wasn't becoming, I'd try to reinforce the good thought, and it basically started this argument going back and forth from the negative and the positive...
I see how this could lead to going schizo, so I basically don't smoke anymore (hard to do it anyways, being where it is dry).
I wouldn't doubt we all get the colour visualizations thing.
But, anybody know what I am talking about with the colours forming all thing? That's what this is really about...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineneutralizer
    #1737892 - 07/22/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The various and conflicting thoughts in your head are (at least my interpretation of it) your thoughts that you normally have but aren't aware of; think Freud - you probably know all that already. Lots of times my thoughts don't really make sense or seem to apply in any way to the current situation; maybe the voice that said "And the colours formed all" was just a fragment of a thought that you heard, or was referring to something you weren't consciously thinking about at the time.

If you wanted to think about that more, though, try going back into that state of mind where the thoughts come easily to you. Then ask yourself, the voices, about the colours, and what they mean. The answer is already inside of you.

I'll let you know what I find out. I think today should be a good day for me to meditate and to think about stuff like this.

Oh, and about going schizo...yeah, I don't know if it can "lead" to schizophrenia or if the ones who hear voices do it like we are doing it, or what. At the least, I think that problems can arise when we don't accept the parts of ourselves that make us uncomfortable (obviously) so if you come across something in your head that you don't like, try to face it head-on. Repressing it, I think, can be dangerous.

*goes to class, incidently a psyc class - be back later*

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1737921 - 07/22/03 12:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It was just a fragment of a thought that I had, but with it came a feeling of what it meant, I'm just uncapable of describing it. It seems like it comes from a combination of places, maybe a discussion from this website, added into some experiences; it also might explain why we have all of the minor color hallucinations, but I can't really get into explaining THAT belief if I can't really explain THIS belief... anybody at all? (of course, not a lot of people have been on here since i posted this..)
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1738533 - 07/22/03 04:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had a dream last night where I fucked three girls at once, is that spiritual?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1738542 - 07/22/03 04:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

First off, that's quite the satisfying dream....
This isn't really about anything spritual. I am just wondering if anybody has ever had a thought, read anything, or knows anything about these "colours", the concept that everything was formed from there. I have no real information to back me up, other than some of my own thoughts, some sort of "deja vu memory", and a Maynard quote: "Black and white are all I see, in my infacy..Red and yellow then came to be..Reaching out to me..Let's me see".
So, I continue to ask my original question. Thanks for reading.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1738552 - 07/22/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Divine.... :loveeyes:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1738557 - 07/22/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
This isn't really about anything spritual. I am just wondering if anybody has ever had a thought, read anything, or knows anything about these "colours", the concept that everything was formed from there.

Well when i heard it, it seems vaguely familiar, almost like i knew something about it long ago, but can't recall anything else..

not that that helps you much...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1738565 - 07/22/03 04:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

not that that helps you much...

Actually, it sort of does, cause all I have is a vaugely familiar feeling or recollection of it, too. Maybe its one of those things we all used to know about, buried in our memories (I doubt it, but I can dream, can't I? hehe)
At least I'm sort of not alone...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineneutralizer
    #1738594 - 07/22/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I get that sense of familiarity you describe quite a lot. I could never figure it out, since the things I got it about, I have virtually no experience with. I think either it's a fluke, or it's a part of me (reincarnated soul, dream self, whatever) that has experienced these things before, and my conscious self doesn't know about it. I don't know what else it could be besides that, or a fluke/random unsolicited feeling. But it happens quite a lot when I meditate, or when I am reading about spirituality, etc. Of course it may not mean anything at all. But I think I know what you are talking about.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1738606 - 07/22/03 05:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Its still bugging me, but i think its a "feeling" of some theology, or practice i may have once practiced or learned....

You know almost like there is more to it....kinda like how nirvana is related to budihsm....the words familiar,but everything else has been lost...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1738628 - 07/22/03 05:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

See, I was trying to astral project at the time, and I think that might have had something to do with it.. come to think of it, it might have came up the other night while doing it, also. It's not like my mind was preoccupied with it or anything, it just sort of came out of nowhere.
It sort of makes me think of those nebulaes (might be related, might not), that have all the different colours and they form stars and planets... just could be!
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineneutralizer
    #1738639 - 07/22/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe that's how you see things when you AP? Dunno, never done it before, don't know that much about it.

--------------------

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Pinball

Loc: USA
    #1738671 - 07/22/03 05:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

FG...I know exactly what you're talking about!

Thanks for posting it man...I thought I was the only one. What I'm talking about is how the air sparkles in a way, like it's glowing, but it somewhat isn't at the same time. It's extremely hard to describe. It feels like there is a lot more going on in the air and the immediate surrondings for me at least. I've always seen/felt this with APs or the research chemical, AMT.

As for the familar feelings...I've definitely felt those. I may have an idea as to what is causing it.

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Colours Formed All... [Re: Darkcloud]
    #1738699 - 07/22/03 05:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I sort of thought it would be universal for us (though not too much yet have said anything about it). I think that it goes a lot deeper than we know yet, maybe everyone here at S&P can sort of "study" the subject, at least collectively learn more..... I can't wait to hear what Shroomism thinks on the subject...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineneutralizer
    #1739012 - 07/22/03 07:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Lately I've been thinking about the idea that before we arrive here on Earth, we have a hand in choosing some of the things we may have to deal with in this life. From our perspective while we're here, things like loss of loved ones, difficult and stressful events, personal pain, etc. are usually considered to be negative things, but I think that we learn a lot of our lessons and do a lot of our growing as a result of these things. Looking at it from that perspective, from the outside, I would say that I would be the sort of person to do that to myself, to give myself the chance to have a good, 'seasoned' experience and not just do nothing, or at least to have a variety of things in my life that would ensure it wouldn't be boring.

Anyway, maybe that's what the familiarity is. The memory fragments of having seen it already, before you came to this planet. Or maybe when we become more in tune with our spirituality we are getting closer to remembering what it was like before we were here.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1739182 - 07/22/03 08:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

We have been talking much about colors lately ....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology