Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
What's your control drama?
    #1736424 - 07/21/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

To those who have read the Celestine Prophecy, you should need no explanation.

To those who have not, the book explains that there are 4 major "control dramas" that we use to absorb energy from other people.

"Poor Me" - One who tends to complain a lot about one's situation in life, or attempts to invoke feelings of sympathy or pity in others. These people are often depressed, lacking self-confidence, motivation and willpower.

"Aloof" - One who plays the game of being mysterious. Someone who reveals little about themselves and what they know or believe. Possibly somebody who spends a lot of time passing on social activities. The "quiet intellectuals" who bait people by forcing them to remain curious as to what it is that makes them think the way they do.

"Interrogator" - One who excessively and agressively questions another, attempting to force them to spill their guts and thus their energy. These people are always getting on the case of others, nagging, imposing opinions, prying into personal affairs, or trying to annoy others into releasing energy.

"Intimidator" - The most agressive and intrusive control drama. This involves physical, verbal or emotional abuse in order to absorb another's energy. They try to impose fear in those they perceive as weaker than they are. A "bully" type who resorts to hurting others in one way or another to gain energy.

Most people, whether they realize it or not, fall into at least one of these categories, sometimes two, or even more. However, I know people who have transcended their control drama and no longer gain their energy by taking it from somebody else.

Most of us develop a control drama during our childhood years, as we are exposed to adults with control dramas of their own... it is only natural to develop a strategy of competing for the energy of your fellow humans, and so a control drama that seems to work well is subconsciously adopted.

I personally still exhibit some qualities of the aloof control drama, although I've become much better in recent years.

Will you admit to using any of these energy-draining tactics, or are you one of the few who have found all the energy you need in yourself and in nature?

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: What's your control drama? [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1736585 - 07/21/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's a false dilemma. I find energy in interesting discourse or challenging competition or artistic expression or hot sex or love. these are neither "control drama's" nor "yourself and in nature".

thought I'd have to say that I, too (I suspect most people on the S&P board also fall into this category) "still exhibit some qualities of the aloof control drama". I sure acted like I was on to some deep stuff while reading science fiction novels in grade school, but I really just liked space ships and cool words and the like.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1736602 - 07/21/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"enertgy"????

what the hell are you talking about? That book is silly, don't read it, and if you have, then... forget about it.

but enough sillyness.. what is this energy that book talks about? A friend of mine is all into it, and we've talked about it a lot. He uses it to explain everything, and it's kinda fucked up, because it promotes this paradigm of looking at human interaction as negative, like we're all out there stealing energy from eachother, when really we should be stealing it from nature and trees. It's a silly way to look at the world, and I don't think the energy theory is anything new or interesting. It's just a watered down new age thing.

and the energy getting game I get is the one where I have ascended the energy game and so I get energy from other people who are like "wow that guy has ascended the energy game" for example they write about me on the internet.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: What's your control drama? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1736611 - 07/21/03 10:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

basically, it's up to other people whether or not I transcend the energy game. Because if they give me energy for anything, then I have stolen energy from them. So it doesn't matter how pure or excellent you try to be, as long as people's brains are designed to admire you for some reason then boom you haven't transcended the game. So forget that stupid fucking book, it's bullshit crap

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #1736777 - 07/21/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

For one thing, I failed to explain this thoroughly for people who may understand the concept I'm talking about in different ways.

I'd also say that your assessment of the book is a bit pre-conceived, considering you haven't read it! I admit, I explained it quite poorly, I've been busy tonight! But it's a great, simple book that isn't just a bunch of new age fluff.

Anyways, my perception of human social relations is not entirely negative, I'm only saying that for some people, these dramas or acts we put on subconsciously to feed our ego definitely exist in most of our daily interactions.

In a nutshell, some of us bring people down in order to bring ourselves up, and sometimes it happens on very subtle levels that are difficult to percieve.

In essense, what I am asking is, does anybody recognize any of these little characteristics in themselves, and, if anybody has overcome them.

Also, how do you deal with people around you who try to bring you down?

How's that?

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1737164 - 07/22/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"So forget that stupid fucking book, It's bullshit crap"
ooo, are you really that as pisst about this? :ooo:

Ive never read the book, but it seems obvious to me that it represents something very close to self esteem. whether they used the word for 'new age' reasons i would'nt know. they probably just used it because using "self-esteem" by itself may be misleading in some situations.

It might actually be more usefull to think of it as an 'energy'. A metaphor for the emotional give and take of day-to-day life. Why's that so bullshitty?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: What's your control drama? [Re: David_Scape]
    #1737217 - 07/22/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, I guess MAYBE I haven't read it at all and don't really know what it's about other than a friend's take on it all.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1737220 - 07/22/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like another case of MASS HYSTERIA to me.

next well be hearing about celestine theme parks.

WAKE UP!!!

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: What's your control drama? [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1737328 - 07/22/03 03:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Celestein? Isn't that a mug for German celery beer?

Fuck I'm tired.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What's your control drama? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1737649 - 07/22/03 07:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't see myself playing any of these games... maybe "Aloof" every once in a great while, but if I do, there is a good reason... ususally someone needs provoked. I do that every once and awhile, provoke someone's stable, but otherwise limited, thinking process. Ususally if someone holds a pretty strong and incorrect view of who I am... I'll throw that little comment in that really makes them think, since their view has been contradicted.
Those four examples seem to be the games that people with low consciousness play. Not a lot of people here are going to be involved with them...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1739209 - 07/22/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OK. I HAVE read the Celestine Prophecy and uh how do I say this kindly... it's a load of new age bullshit. it's well written but its philosophy is kind of boring and simplistic. not to sound like a spiritual elitist or anything but that book is like enlightenment for the masses. he talks about higher vibrations and energy transfers and control dramas and the nine insights and crap and its just ridiculous. just about every new age cliche is in that book. I was only 16 when I read it and even then I saw through the garbage

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: What's your control drama? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1739284 - 07/22/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I read the book and a couple more in the series. At the time I found it fascinating but I havn't been too interested in it lately. New Ageism is not for me, although I admit it was a bit of a starting point so I can give it credit for being a little piece of incentive to look far beyond it. It really is totally oversimplified which is why I lost interest in it completely, the book and all other new age ideas, but its still a more holistic way to look at the world than many others out there.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: What's your control drama? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1740814 - 07/23/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Keep in mind the book is fiction...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order