Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: The Occult [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #17398033 - 12/15/12 06:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"If science contradicts your beliefs I highly recommend reconsidering your beliefs."

Science is nothing more than exploring and utilizing the physical properties of our universe, it's a wonderful thing. My own beliefs have never been contradicted by the findings of science, and aside from the risks I look at the inevitable technological boom in nano-technology in a positive light. Technology can put us in space expanding our civilization forever, solve our resource problems, and our health problems. People could be living hundreds of years eventually, through cybernetics.

Most of civilization though will never conceive of anything, all this comes from intellectual pioneers. We equally lack wisdom. In the future there will be massive wars in space, horrors on an intergalactic scale, starvation, and corruption.

Very strange  :joint:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: The Occult [Re: millzy]
    #17399931 - 12/16/12 04:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

millzy said:
not sure. i haven't bothered to go looking for it yet. i'm too busy orchestrating terrorist attacks 100 years into the future via hand signals and fast food chain logos.

you mock with blindfolds on kiddo

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: The Occult [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17403387 - 12/16/12 06:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:brownie:

Kurzweil gives reason for optimism, as far as starvation goes - GMO's, the sheer abundance of wealth and how we are figuring out how to share it. Other statistics (such as, "the birth rate in first world countries is something like 1.5," suggesting that as quality of life improves, the population waxes for reasons such as education & birth control) also support this.

As far as the intellectual pioneers go, great advancements have come about when people have time for leisure. I'd bet that how sports started.

Are there still going to be people who want to be malicious? Maybe. If there is a biological reason for evil that we can understand and figure out, perhaps we can avert unfortunate situations (as far as human vs human goes). I for one have always hoped that humanity can understand our commonalities and break through the glass ceiling.

If I'm wrong, I hope I'm around to be proven so.

--------------------
full blown human

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#17403641 - 12/16/12 07:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I, for one, welcome our new robotic overlords.  Can't wait till someone actually develops a working seed AI.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: The Occult [Re: zzripz]
    #17403836 - 12/16/12 07:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
kiddo

:thisfuckinguy:

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#17404063 - 12/16/12 08:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

penelope_tree said:
:brownie:

Kurzweil gives reason for optimism, as far as starvation goes - GMO's, the sheer abundance of wealth and how we are figuring out how to share it. Other statistics (such as, "the birth rate in first world countries is something like 1.5," suggesting that as quality of life improves, the population waxes for reasons such as education & birth control) also support this.

As far as the intellectual pioneers go, great advancements have come about when people have time for leisure. I'd bet that how sports started.

Are there still going to be people who want to be malicious? Maybe. If there is a biological reason for evil that we can understand and figure out, perhaps we can avert unfortunate situations (as far as human vs human goes). I for one have always hoped that humanity can understand our commonalities and break through the glass ceiling.

If I'm wrong, I hope I'm around to be proven so.

Honestly don't believe in the social consciousness advancing past this point, technologically but not as individuals. Just see the same drama unfolding into the future with new sceneries

Have spent years working on myself with dedicated effort, not happy with the results, plenty of rewards but they're showered on a corrupt mind. Observation tells me this world is populated by people who are by and large further down the spiral of corruption than myself, and very few want to change for the better let alone with any serious effort. Those at the helm are also amongst the most ignorant + corrupt

The only change I believe in is personal change made over life-times

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order