Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Nitrous [Re: Boppity604] * 1
    #1741040 - 07/23/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's a result of oxygen deprivation,not the direct results of the use of nitrous.So I still think I'm correct in saying nitrous most likely does not cause brain damage.

If one uses the drug in an informed,responsible fashion,nothing of the sort is likely to occur.

I when I said "sources" I meant something a little more scientific than a Dancesafe fact sheet.

Quote:

Before acting grande...do some research

I'm not trying to act all high and mighty, I just don't like the spread of misinformation.It seems to me that you haven't done your research.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by grandmasterfat (07/23/03 12:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Nitrous [Re: monoamine]
    #1741081 - 07/23/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

grandmasterfat said:
That's a result of oxygen deprivation,not the direct results of the use of nitrous.

so then I would be wrong in saying inhaling nitrous oxide in turn causes the death of brain cells? it doesnt matter how, from the nitrous itself or from oxygen deprivation, its the fact that brain cells die either way

inhaling nitrous will cause you to lose brain cells

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Nitrous [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1741112 - 07/23/03 12:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

inhaling nitrous will cause you to lose brain cells

No,not inhaling oxygen will cause you to "lose brain cells".

I can think of an analogy.Let's so a guy takes some acid and he blows his brains out. Using your logic,acid causes brain damage.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1741157 - 07/23/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Spare me the petty semantics. Nitrous directly affects the oxygen level in the blood. You abuse it, you can damage your brain. That's not misinformation.

>>It seems to me that you haven't done your research.

Oh really? I don't see you citing any research supporting your viewpoint.

Boppity

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1741200 - 07/23/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's not petty semantics. There is little direct neuropharmacoligical evidence that nitrous directly causes brain damage,or "kills brain cells" as you put it. If you administer it in the wrong fashion,it's not an inherant effect of the drug,but one's own stupidity.

I wouldn't have asked you for sources if you weren't using skewed logic. I don't have time to dig up obscure references right now,but if you really want me too,I'll find them later.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1741245 - 07/23/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a source,I have better ones, I just don't feel like digging them up. I think this should suffice,you can do your own research. I think the burden of proof should lye on you anyway as you are trying to prove a postive.Proving a negative,or disproving a positive,is much harder.

From http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info2.shtml:

N2O does not combine with haemoglobin, but is carried free in the blood and excreted unchanged through the lungs. The risk of hypoxia comes not from any interaction between N2O and O2 in the blood or brain, but from simply not inhaling oxygen often enough.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Edited by grandmasterfat (07/23/03 01:19 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1742008 - 07/23/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You don't have to be snide or rude. All I asked, is 'how do you know', that Nitrous doesn't harm the brain? I was hoping that someone would post some evidence either way.

-Shade

Edited by EllemyshShade (07/23/03 05:39 PM)

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nitrous [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1742648 - 07/23/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

aguynameddan said:
Quote:

grandmasterfat said:
That's a result of oxygen deprivation,not the direct results of the use of nitrous.

so then I would be wrong in saying inhaling nitrous oxide in turn causes the death of brain cells?

Yes. That's like claiming that water kills brain cells because people drown in it.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Nitrous [Re: MOTH]
    #1742655 - 07/23/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The problem is that you can't do studies proving that something doesn't harm the brain. All you can show is that your studies didn't observe brain damage.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: Nitrous [Re: MOTH]
    #1742775 - 07/23/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You don't have to be snide or rude.

I wasn't trying to be.I just wanted to spread some accurate info.When you're talking science it just comes out cold and detached.I apoligize if I came across as rude.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
    #1742942 - 07/23/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dam who cares if it kills brain cells...

does anyone know what acid/shrooms are like when taking nitrous???

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

OfflineTheCaterpillar
Fungivore

Re: Nitrous [Re: JohnnyR] * 1
    #1743112 - 07/23/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Grandmasterfat is just trying to be specific. If you say that smoking causes cancer, it's not the desired drug that inflicts the damage, it's the method of inhalation. Vaporizing tobacco will (practically) eliminate all danger, just as mixing oxygen with nitrous will (as dentists do), or using it in other responsible fashions. When you read up general info on nitrous use, they usually tell you that in order to get the best high, you should let as much air out of your lungs as possible, suck in as much pure nitrous as possible, and either hold it in long enough or hyperventilate into a balloon, thus preventing oxygen intake. If you're following this route, it's pretty obvious that it will result in a loss of brain cells. The reason being is simple enough - oxygen deprivation. However, you cannot clearly state that it is NITROUS OXIDE that is causing the brain loss, just as it's not NICOTINE that causes lung damage. It's all in the method of delivery.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1743816 - 07/24/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Its ok.  :smile: 

InvisibleSteevil
Re: Nitrous [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #1744819 - 07/24/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm posting the following on behalf of a friend of a friend.

"I've been wanting to talk about my mushroom + nitrous experience, and seeing as JohnnyR asked.. (apologies for the poor storytelling. i'm sure you'll appreciate it's difficult, as is describing anything that happens in an altered state)

Last time I tripped I tripped alone, on 30 g of freshly picked cubensis. Previous trips indicated it'd be around level 2, but in the end I'd guess about a 4. I'm not sure how useful levels are anyway. I had one box of ISI whippets left over from the 4 I'd ordered from a catering supplier online. I'd spent the peak in my garden, and was feeling that it had passed by.

I was feeling capable of operating my homemade cracker, so I found a balloon and, after a bit of fumbling, screwed the thing together. *click* *ksssshhhhhh*. Such a cool noise; I watched the water vapour stream off the ice cold cracker until I thought it was warm enough, and removed the balloon. Ok, deep breaths, 1.. 2.. 3..

Now this is difficult. Amazing. Most wonderful experience of my life. Talked to god. Went to another universe. If you can think of any other cliches about drug use, post them below. :smile: But there's not a lot you can say, you can't put it into words. I lived in another universe for an infinite amount of time, for about a minute. :grin:

I inhaled 4 balloons that night, and I'm not sure if this happens to everyone, but here's what happened to me; a few seconds after inhaling and holding it in the trip would grow more intense, visual and audio hallucinations become amazing, and then.. I'd just forget. I completely forgot my entire life up to that point, and I was someone else. This happened each time, and each time I had been a different kind of being all my life. Each being that I became had a different reason for travelling to this reality to inhabit my body.

The one I remember most vividly was the second try. I was an immortal monk. I was sitting cross legged in an enormous white temple, decorated with cannabis leaves (I don't know why, I don't even really smoke). My teacher was also there, and other people watching. We sat on straw mats, and I had a chinese emporer style haircut - a pony tail with the rest of the head shaved.

As I had devoted eternity to spiritual practices (I think it was basically the Tibetan Book of the Dead that we followed), I had been chosen to travel to the other universe, where few people knew about enlightenment. I was being sent into a new body so I could teach people  what I had learned in that temple. My viewpoint lifted, accelerating toward to incredibly high ceiling of the temple; the cannabis decorations twisted into fractal patterns as they sped past and then stretched out and became the plants in my back garden. I was back.

This entire experience was accompanied by a tremendous sense of wellbeing.

All of the experiences were pretty spiritual, and I spent the rest of the trip wondering whether I should devote myself to learning and teaching, but by the time I came down I was back to my normal, not-particularly-spiritual self.

I'll definitely do it again next trip, and I'd recommend it to others. I think it's a good way to experience a level 5 without worrying about it - it only lasts a minute or two." 

InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
    #1746657 - 07/25/03 12:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nitrous does NOT kill brain cells, however oxygen starvation from not breathing enough fresh air between nitrous inhalations does.

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=8684

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1749591 - 07/25/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

grandmasterfat said:
Quote:

It does kill brain cells, but I would not say an amazingly large amount

No it doesn't. 

My bad, I just went searching for where I saw that it killed brain cells and found this, http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=8684 I read this quickly after reading this post and figured the top was enough to answer the question. Guess I was wrong...sorry :frown:

Quote:

JohnnyR said:
does anyone know what acid/shrooms are like when taking nitrous??? 

Awsome :grin:
Do it! Do it! :thumbup: 

Anonymous

Re: Nitrous [Re: DailyPot]
    #1760324 - 07/29/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Any other way of taking nitrous without inhaling it then?

InvisibleSteevil
Re: Nitrous [Re: ]
    #1761960 - 07/30/03 04:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dsoul said:
Any other way of taking nitrous without inhaling it then?

If you use whippets (the small metal capsules of nitrous used in making whipped cream), you can take them as a suppository. The effects are actually stronger, but dont kick in for about half an hour.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Nitrous [Re: Steevil]
    #1762236 - 07/30/03 08:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies