Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Question on re-innoculating
    #1735284 - 07/21/03 04:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, a while back I bought some spore syringes on-line, two strains B+ and Ecuador. About 2 months ago I innoculated the B+ in some BRF cakes and it took a LONG LONG LONG time for the mycelium to grow, by then I got a lot of contamination and managed to save about 5% of my jars. I have been making my own B+ syringes ever since with no problems at all, except a frustrating long time to fruit when casing/spawning. I wanted to try the Ecuador strain because I hear you have better luck with fruiting with casing. I innoculated 6 popcorn jars with a 12 cc syringe from the same company. And two weeks later I have gotten no growth. I have decided their syringes have a crappy amount of spores. I have ordered new Ecuador syringes and prints. My question is, should I just innoculate the new Ecuador in the popcorn jars, or PC them again? I see no signs of contamination (they have been kept in a fairly sterile enviorment. I see no signs of anything which is why I want to re-innouclate.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Question on re-innoculating [Re: TaoinShrrom]
    #1735295 - 07/21/03 04:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You'd probably screw up your water content.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1735304 - 07/21/03 04:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

just do new jars! Also Thai or Mexican strains are way easier to fruit than Ecuadors, trust me  :stash:

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

#1735358 - 07/21/03 05:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i have the same problem with b+. my first pf cake took almost a whole month to colonize! i cold chocked/dunked it for 12 hours and it's been sitting in the chamber for about 7 days now just being healthy. very annoying cause i keep thinking somethings wrong (first grow!) but i know it's normal so far cause i've been told it can take well over 2 weeks to pin. grrr. i have 4 more jars i inoculated 7 days ago as well and they are ranging from 5-15% colonization. gonna case em this time. thinin of trying a faster strain, any suggestions? i was thinking bought ordering equadors for my next suringe, any comments on this strain or others?

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Re: Question on re-innoculating [Re: BatFly]
    #1735435 - 07/21/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have had success with B+ using BRF cakes, my latest batch, I just used a highly concentrated spore syringe (I think it had 4 caps worth in it), I waited about 5 days after 100% colonization, dunked/cold shocked for 24 hours, and birthed in a poor mans pod (air stones/pump/geolite). 3 days and there are clumps of pins forming, its looking to be a good harvest, but will see. I am going to try and keep 2 or three strains going at once and compare across them. What I hear is Ecuador and Koi Saumi (not sure on the spelling) are the best fruiters for casing/spawn.

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

#1735444 - 07/21/03 05:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.thehawkseye.com/thaikss/thaikss.html

Thats the only place I have seen selling the KS spore syringe. Give it a shot and let me know. I already ordered the Ecuador before seeing these.

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

#1735571 - 07/21/03 06:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah,  i got my b+ from T.H.E..  i also saw that they are outta equadors.  and i did read about the ks super strain.  looked interesting.  hell, i might just get some eq's from one vender and ks from hawks eye, especially sincec there are closing shop on september.    :sad:  i also am using a pmp, but with perlite.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation