Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Pre-wedding stress.
    #1735234 - 07/21/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am getting hitched in about a month's time and the stress is really starting to get to me. I realize that what I am stressed about is nothing in the grand picture of life, but here I am in this stressed state with nothing to do but deal with it.

The thing's getting to me the most is how my partner is stressing about every single detail. She called me at work to make sure we had an extension cord long enough if we need to move the sound system out-door's. I wish she could better deal with her stress instead of making me deal with it.

Then I have my parents to deal with. Anybody who has been a month away from getting married I am sure know's what I am talking about. My mother is having the typical separation problems all mothers go threw--I am the first of her kids to get hitched--I know she want's the best for me but it does not help to have her constantly reminding me of everything I need to complete before the day. She also remind's me of how I need a new job, because apparently being a computer consultant/web developer is not good enough to support myself let alone two people.

My fiance's parent's are being really supportive and almost never bring up the wedding during conversation. They are awsome! They are extremely relaxed and helping however they can and that definitely has been a huge help. I know that after the wedding then honeymoon thing's will get back to normal (relatively) and this stress will be gone, but until then I will just have to keep going.

I was just looking to bounce my feelings off the wall for some relief. If anybody has any good insight or support it is much needed!! Thanks for listening... reading,.... whatever

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Pre-wedding stress. [Re: FlusH]
    #1735652 - 07/21/03 06:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Any major life change is a huge source of stress.

Remind your fiance that you are under stress as well, explain that she will have to learn how to deal with some stress on her own.

You seem to have a pretty good grip on the fact that the stress will go away soon, so keep that in mind.

And best of luck to you and your new family.

Re-Defeat Bush in '04

day tripper
Re: Pre-wedding stress. [Re: Skikid16]
    #1736333 - 07/21/03 10:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

havent ever got married..but best stress relievers i know are things like surfing, or running in the woods....nice to have just you and nature....jah know??

...Time is a stripper and she's doin' it just for you....

Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Pre-wedding stress. [Re: GOLDEN9locks]
    #1736566 - 07/21/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thats why I am eloping!  :smile: 

Loc: Canada
Re: Pre-wedding stress. [Re: FlusH]
    #1737194 - 07/22/03 03:51 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you should go outside and start yelling, or beat the shit out of a punching bag. Why bottle up your stress? Its obvious you arent mad at your girlfriend or their parents or your wedding or your life, so if you keep your stress/anger inside, you might end up taking it out on the people you love.

My brother is like this and he ends up yelling at everyone, about the stupidest things, like if they spill a glass of water. Its like he sits around pretending to be nice and happy when everyone knows he is stressed out. Then he explodes later on and cant control himself!

my two cents

man = monkey + mushroom

Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Pre-wedding stress. [Re: pattern]
    #1737913 - 07/22/03 12:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I use to be like what you are talking about, but I grew up.. :wink:  Instead of bottling it up I do talk about it, hence my post.  I also talk about it to my fiance, but unfortunately I cannot communicate w/ my mother because of her own struggle with depression.  I don't know if you have been in a pre-marriage situation before, but it is stress.  Every time you bump into somebody, does not matter how long you have just seen them the same questions keep popping up "So how is your planning going?" That does get a bit monotonous and it is hard not to just ignore it after 3 months of constant inquisitions.  I am not stressed at the moment, but it does happen.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edited by FlusH (07/22/03 12:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being