Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMycowlogist
Freethinker
Male

Loc: in a galaxy far far away....
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #17354088 - 12/08/12 07:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I can only hope when faced in such situations I can keep my eyes open and keep moving forward.

--------------------
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."  Honest Abe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#17354164 - 12/08/12 08:00 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

guy was hanging with thug wanna-bes,
was a thug wanna-be,

So he had it coming? :sherlock:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Asante]
    #17354173 - 12/08/12 08:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

guy was hanging with thug wanna-bes,
was a thug wanna-be,

So he had it coming? :sherlock:

did I say that or is that you projecting?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#17354178 - 12/08/12 08:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Moreover, was I serious?  I don't think so :grin:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineB0b0
Sage
 User Gallery

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Asante]
    #17354215 - 12/08/12 08:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Amazing story, even better that the villain got his comeuppance. Almost got a little choked up when he mentioned his parents, what a pungent reminder of how cruel and forgiving this world can be :strokebeard2:

This guy should buy lotto tickets, obviously one of the luckiest people in the world.

Quote:

keyohnah said:
http://www.andersoncooper.com/2011/10/28/ross-meets-the-man-who-saved-his-life/

There's a video on that page of him meeting the man who saved his life.

Thanks for posting, was interested to see his rescuer as well...damn his timing was spot on. Glad those two got to meet, though I found it interesting the officer didn't follow up on Ross - perhaps he didn't want to know  :strokebeard3:

Edited by B0b0 (12/08/12 09:06 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: B0b0]
    #17354313 - 12/08/12 08:50 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

B0b0 said:
This guy should buy lotto tickets, obviously one of the luckiest people in the world.

former VP Dick Cheney shot a man in the face with the same load. the guy's
claim that his arm was hanging off is bullshit because it's not consistent
with what we see of the scar. a large chunk of flesh hanging off sure but
not his arm. if the injuries were that bad they wouldnt have released him
after 5 days including the 3 spent unconscious

OfflineDis-integration
Stranger
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Deadkndys420] * 3
    #17355784 - 12/08/12 02:45 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:thewarden:  :thewarden:  :thewarden:  :thewarden:
Quote:

badchad said:purple suit, top hat, and sunglasses.

:thewarden:  :thewarden:  :thewarden:  :thewarden:

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: k00laid] * 1
    #17358402 - 12/08/12 11:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Says a guy who hasnt been shot in the chest.

Like it or not there are countless experiences on the web like that, of people receiving seeming outside help.  Its often experienced as an angel rescue or guardian angel experience.

I'm not comfortable with the notion of angel rescues. Doesnmt fit my outlook on life.  But theres tons of similar reports out there.  Whatever actually happens, it takes the appearance of an ethereal being intervening.

There are also a lot of accounts and reports everywhere about God, Heaven, Satan, Hell... Still doesn't make me a believer.

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

keyohnah said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

My favorite part was when he was talking about that "thing" that just pushed him forward to walk. Very interesting.

Not just forward, it also picked him up. Sounds similar to guardian angel stories that go around in christian circles.

That's the only part that made my eyes roll. It was an incredible feat but he did it himself. There were no invisible hands guiding him.

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Says a guy who hasnt been shot in the chest.

I'm not comfortable with the notion of angel rescues. Doesnmt fit my outlook on life.  But theres tons of similar reports out there.  Whatever actually happens, it takes the appearance of an ethereal being intervening.

:lol:

im with wiccan on this one

unless youve been near death, its hard to say what happened and what didnt happen.

i've been to some pretty low points in my physical meat sack. heard some thangs and felt some thangs.

i never got lifted up, but i've had some encouragement to wake back up again.

not sure if i'd still be here without those words.

I never said that he didn't believe he felt it. I'm also not questioning the validity of you hearing words of encouragement. What I'm saying is those things, nudges, whatever you want to call them came from you not some kind of guardian angel. A sense of survival kicks in and maybe those "invisible hands" or those words are what you need to snap back into it. Doesn't mean it happened outside of your own mind.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: keyohnah]
    #17358580 - 12/09/12 12:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

keyohnah said:
I never said that he didn't believe he felt it. I'm also not questioning the validity of you hearing words of encouragement. What I'm saying is those things, nudges, whatever you want to call them came from you not some kind of guardian angel. A sense of survival kicks in and maybe those "invisible hands" or those words are what you need to snap back into it. Doesn't mean it happened outside of your own mind.

see now we are getting further off the current topic and onto more metaphysical topics.

see the thread in PS&P Non-Localized consciousness

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

Loc: Jamaica
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: k00laid]
    #17358588 - 12/09/12 12:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

When I read the title of this thread I always want to read Teen survives shotgun blast... To the face

--------------------

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: k00laid]
    #17358595 - 12/09/12 12:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nice, thanks for the thread suggestion :thumbup:.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Mafeki]
    #17358699 - 12/09/12 01:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mafeki said:
When I read the title of this thread I always want to read Teen survives shotgun blast... To the face

There was a teenager who tried to commit suicide with a shotgun and survived.
His face doesn't look as pretty though.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #17359071 - 12/09/12 03:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

that was crazy to watch. i was shot with a shotgun when i was 18 from about two feet away with a 12. with the nerves severed it doesn't hurt as bad as you would think, i've passed kidney stones that hurt worse. i still light up like a christmas tree on xrays, i even have a thread on here from 2004 as soon as i got out.

really hits home.. they way he talks about being on the bus and not trusting people is exactly how it feels, i was scared to walk down the street. this makes me want to make my own video, but i've been writing a book.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #17359139 - 12/09/12 03:43 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

keyohnah said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

My favorite part was when he was talking about that "thing" that just pushed him forward to walk. Very interesting.

Not just forward, it also picked him up. Sounds similar to guardian angel stories that go around in christian circles.

That's the only part that made my eyes roll. It was an incredible feat but he did it himself. There were no invisible hands guiding him.

you know, it's probably more likely that he pulled himself up, but that's missing the point... the question you should ask yourself is, HOW did it all work out? how did he manage in the first place, to get up, (numbed out probably but regardless) and then how did he make those two approximate moves up and forward to miraculously (i'm using that word pretty loosely) get saved by a passer-by cop?

that's fucking survival at it's direst.
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Low penetration yes, but he still coughed up pellets and blood clots, so it was a substantial shot.

he tells us he coughed up pellets, guy was hanging with thug wanna-bes,
was a thug wanna-be, I dont see his story as completely true

yeah, well, i'm pretty sure what happened... ACTUALLY happen. so if he wants to boast his story a bit to feel like superman, then good for him. he GOT SHOT. c'mon, Pris. i understand what you were getting at, but isn't it still awesome that he didn't get killed? or did he need to be dangling a little closer, to get any sympathy from you?

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #17359307 - 12/09/12 05:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit fuck, life is fucking insane.

I might catch some shit for this but I think he was able to pick himself up because he was a skater.  Constantly putting yourself into situation where you may receive traumatic physical injuries (and sometimes actually receiving those injuries) can get someone accustomed to the "fuck your injuries, get the fuck up" mentality.  This goes for any extreme sport, whether it be BMX, skydiving, rock climbing, anything that requires you to be self sufficient should you receive an injury.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Idiot]
    #17359308 - 12/09/12 05:25 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

good point.

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Cloud9]
    #17360200 - 12/09/12 10:58 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cloud9 said:
that was crazy to watch. i was shot with a shotgun when i was 18 from about two feet away with a 12. with the nerves severed it doesn't hurt as bad as you would think, i've passed kidney stones that hurt worse. i still light up like a christmas tree on xrays, i even have a thread on here from 2004 as soon as i got out.

really hits home.. they way he talks about being on the bus and not trusting people is exactly how it feels, i was scared to walk down the street. this makes me want to make my own video, but i've been writing a book.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you still feel that way?

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: bryguy27007] * 1
    #17361707 - 12/09/12 03:12 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

no, but it took a good two years to get over it. whats worse was i was high when i got shot, and every time i got high afterwards it was like being shot all over again. just horrible PTS. i was scared to trip again, but when i finally did it was great, and one of the most important things i did to start healing mentally. but for the longest time i wouldn't want to leave the house, and even walking down the street; every time a car would pass i would close my eyes and tense up waiting to be shot again, you just never know. a year later my little brother was shot at walking down the street in the same neighborhood, and he was only 6. we were also the only white family in an all black neighborhood. to keep it in perspective though i was shot by a white kid.

after watching that video again, that kid didn't have shit for scars. i'm scarred from my inner knee on my right leg to my belly button. i lost my inner thigh muscles (though amazingly every pellet missed my femoral artery) so my leg is caved in. and my dick was split completely apart at the tip, also losing one nut. for over a year after it healed i would piss like a spray nozzle. also have no feeling on the left side of my stomach after they cut me open.

it's a strange thing to go through, but i never saw my life pass before my eyes or anything close to what people say happens when your close to death. i was shot in my house and ran in to the hallway and yelled "i was fucking shot!" within seconds there was a huge blood pile around my feet. i was shot on my bed when i was trying to sleep, and the angle i was shot at left blood streaks across my walls and ceiling (which i left, thinking it was incredibly badass afterwards. i mean who the fuck else has their own blood across their walls and ceiling?) but i just sat in the hallway waiting for the ambulance, drinking a pepsi, trying to hold a towel over the wound which was large enough i could put my entire hand in my leg. it just looked like a raw steak. the ONLY thing i was thinking was "fuck, i'm not gonna get to fuck this girl i just started going out with" and that was it, had i died there, my last thoughts were of not getting some new pussy.

but it's quite a long story, swat teams showed up. i was supposed to get a bunch of coke that day and it was all over the news. my friends thought i had barricaded myself in my room and was doing it. i had some terrible doctors and some good ones. and a friend of mine hung himself the same night, completely unrelated to me, but because of the same girl i was going out with.

so it goes.

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Cloud9]
    #17361744 - 12/09/12 03:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dude. rough.. :frown:

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Teen survives shotgun blast [Re: Idiot]
    #17361887 - 12/09/12 03:38 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Idiot said:
Holy shit fuck, life is fucking insane.

I might catch some shit for this but I think he was able to pick himself up because he was a skater.  Constantly putting yourself into situation where you may receive traumatic physical injuries (and sometimes actually receiving those injuries) can get someone accustomed to the "fuck your injuries, get the fuck up" mentality.  This goes for any extreme sport, whether it be BMX, skydiving, rock climbing, anything that requires you to be self sufficient should you receive an injury.

or maybe it's because he was shot with an ineffective load which is damned lucky for him

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3_2.htm

Quote:

Birdshot as a Defense Load
I have had a lot of questions, summed up as follows: How effective is birdshot (#4, #6, #8, etc.) as a defense load?

We have done tests with various birdshot loads. Birdshot penetrated through two pieces of drywall (representing one wall) and was stopped in the paper on the front of the second wall. The problem with birdshot is that it does not penetrate enough to be effective as a defense round. Birdshot is designed to bring down little birds.

A policeman told of seeing a guy shot at close range with a load of 12 gauge birdshot, and was not even knocked down. He was still walking around when the EMTs got there. It was an ugly, shallow wound, but did not STOP the guy. And that is what we want... to STOP the bad guy from whatever he is doing. To do this, you must have a load that will reach the vitals of the bad guy. Birdshot will not do this.

In fact, tests have shown that even #4 Buckshot lacks the necessary penetration to reach the vital organs. Only 0 Buck, 00 Buck, and 000 Buck penetrate enough to reach the vital organs.

Unless you expect to be attacked by little birds, do not use birdshot. Use 00 Buck. It will do the job.

But doesn't 00 Buck penetrate too much in interior walls to be a "safe" load in a home?
Yes, it does penetrate a lot. But any load that is going to be effective will need to penetrate walls to have enough power to penetrate bad guys. If our only concern was to be sure we didn't penetrate walls, we would use BB guns. However, BB guns will not stop bad guys.

Therefore, we must use loads that will STOP bad guys, and this means that they will also penetrate walls. So, be sure you hit the bad guy and do not shoot into walls where loved ones are on the other side.

When To Use Birdshot
A friend of AR15.com sends this:

"I saw a gunshot victim, about 5' 10" and 200 lbs, taken to the operating room with a shotgun wound to the chest. He was shot at a range of six feet at a distance of just over the pectoralis muscle. He was sitting on his front porch and walked to the ambulance. We explored the chest after x-rays were taken. The ER doc had said 'buckshot' wound, but this was obviously not accurate.

It was # 6 shot. There was a crater in the skin over an inch in diameter. When the shot hit the level of the ribs, it spread out about five inches. There was ONE pellet that had passed between the ribs and entered the pericardium, but not damaged the heart at all. As you say, 'use birdshot for little birds.'"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order