Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders * 1
    #17345137 - 12/06/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The black kid pours alcohol on the white kid and lights him on fire. It puts him the Miami burn unit where he nearly died from burns over 65% of his body. This was in 2009. It's almost 2013 and it'll still be another six months before the sentence is rendered.

Why isn't this thug living in hiding? Why isn't he getting death threats? Why isn't his face plastered on every TV and newspaper in the country so that he'll never be able to walk freely without constantly looking over his shoulder for someone coming to kill him?

Where is the outrage from Obama? From Sharpton? King?

Oh wait, this is a black on white violence. Nevermind.

--

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Michael Brewer still suffers vivid nightmares from the attack by former middle school classmates who doused him with alcohol and set him on fire in 2009, his mother said in an interview Wednesday.

"He wakes up screaming, thinking that he is still on fire. And it takes a long time to get him calmed down and get him back to sleep," Valerie Brewer told The Associated Press.

Brewer, now 17, suffered severe burns over 65 percent of his body but survived after leaping into an apartment complex swimming pool. He spent months in the hospital, undergoing seven skin graft operations, followed by months of rehabilitation and physical therapy.

On Tuesday, jurors convicted 17-year-old Matthew "Zeke" Bent of aggravated battery for the attack that claimed national headlines. Bent is to be sentenced July 23. Conviction on the charge carries a maximum of 15 years in prison.

Valerie Brewer told The AP that her family had sought justice and felt that had been achieved.

"We were looking for justice for Michael and we got that," she said. But she added that her son will deal with the physical and mental scars for the rest of his life.

"He knows that this is what he's going to have to live with," Valerie Brewer said. "It's going to be an ongoing thing for him. He's not very comfortable looking in the mirror. The mental part of this, the mental scars that he has, are going to be the most difficult. That's never going to go away."

Michael Brewer testified at Bent's trial that he still feels pain in his back and legs but remembers little after diving into the pool to put out the flames.

"I started getting really cold, and then I started seeing blur," Michael Brewer had said at trial.

The alleged ringleader of the attack, Bent was convicted on a lesser charge of aggravated battery. He had originally been charged with attempted second-degree murder.

Brewer and his family had been in court for much of the trial, but weren't present as the jury verdict was read Tuesday.

"The stress of the previous week, we needed some family time because he hadn't been sleeping, I hadn't been sleeping," Brewer's mother said. "And we were just emotionally and physically exhausted."

Valerie Brewer said the family obtained closure after Bent was convicted, stating: "Without the closure, Michael would not be able to move forward in his healing process."

She also said she believes the conviction sends a strong message that bullying won't be tolerated. "I hope this sends a message to everyone that if you bully someone?or hurt someone, directly or indirectly, they will be held responsible," she said.

At Bent's sentencing, prosecutors said they will seek the maximum penalty of 15 years, about half the time he could have faced when he was initially charged with attempted second-degree murder. Bent's lawyers said they plan to file an appeal, noting he already spent three years in jail awaiting trial.

"He thought that three years for his involvement was quite substantial," said defense attorney Perry Thurston Jr., speaking shortly after the verdict.

The other teens in the case had already been sentenced previously. Denver "D.C." Jarvis, 17, and Jesus Mendez, 18, pleaded no contest and were sentenced to eight and 11 years behind bars, respectively.

Thurston said the attack has changed all those involved.

"You're talking about 14- and 15-year-old boys. This is something that was horrific and went terribly wrong," Thurston said. "But this is just a back story of what goes horribly wrong with kids walking home from school. Ten minutes' time in the lives of all of these kids has changed their lives totally."

But a Brewer family attorney, Jeanne Brady, said the burned teen is mapping out his future and looking beyond the attack.

"Michael is such an inspirational young man. He has a resilience the likes of which I've really never seen in such a trauma victim," Brady told AP.

The teen is looking forward to attending college and graduating with a business degree. He later plans to move to California and open a skate shop. His mother said it has been a passion for him since before the attack and "that's what he wants to do."

"He's a handsome boy," Valerie Brewer said followed by a proud, motherly giggle as she talked about pictures of her son who recently attended his high school senior prom.

She added, "I am very blessed."

Huffington Post

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Diploid]
    #17345184 - 12/06/12 03:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What is the evidence that this is racially motivated?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17345201 - 12/06/12 03:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Where is the evidence that Trayvon Martin's death was racially motivated?

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Diploid]
    #17345224 - 12/06/12 03:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I don't really know anything about that case.  It seems misleading and infammatory to characterize this as black on white violence when race hasn't been shown to be an issue.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17345248 - 12/06/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

When I was 13 and whipped with steel flexi-cables by a gang of 16 blacks (I am white) I forgot to ask if it was a racial assault or not. Guess I wasn't thinking too clearly...

--------------------

OfflineMemories
 User Gallery

Loc: Suwannee River
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Diploid] * 1
    #17345264 - 12/06/12 04:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

She added, "I am very blessed."

Thank the Lord for allowing her son a pool to jump in while being burned alive! :heart:

OfflineMemories
 User Gallery

Loc: Suwannee River
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #17345286 - 12/06/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
When I was 13 and whipped with steel flexi-cables by a gang of 16 blacks (I am white) I forgot to ask if it was a racial assault or not. Guess I wasn't thinking too clearly...

I got punched in the face multiple times by a bunch of black kids who were much older than me when I was 13 as I was leaving a movie theater.

Luckily, I ran away in tears before any serious damage was done.

Edited by Memories (12/06/12 04:05 PM)

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Memories]
    #17345306 - 12/06/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Probably the same group. :tongue:

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #17345405 - 12/06/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

What is your point?  What does their skin color matter?

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

#17345498 - 12/06/12 04:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

What is your point?  What does their skin color matter?

agreed,

violence is violence..

i live in a country that had a mostly white population until 20 years ago, and have seen plenty of white on white violence....

we had civil war here for 800years... all "white on white"

when violence is concerned, color is not important, any more than the color of  football jersey, or skully....

any1 who thinks race is important should pick up a history book....

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

Edited by GreeNmOld (12/06/12 04:45 PM)

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Diploid] * 3
    #17345514 - 12/06/12 04:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Skin color aside, the most disappointing aspect of this story (and others like it) to me is the fact that it's a human on human crime.  People in general need to cut this shit out regardless of what race they belong to. :nonono:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #17345616 - 12/06/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

It seems misleading and infammatory to characterize this as black on white violence

Stating accurate facts is "inflammatory"? Ah, this must be some strange new usage of the word that I hadn't previously been aware of.

But I'll hold your hand here anyway. My point is that when white George Zimmerman kills a black kid as he attacked him, knocked him down, and sat on his chest raining punches down on his face hard enough to break his nose, Sharpton, King, and assorted other black leaders turned it into a national racism case. The black panthers put a bounty on white guy's head. His face is so well known that he will never again be able to walk in public, and he hasn't been convicted of any crime, let alone a racially-motivated one.

Even our racist president Obama took a few jabs at the hapless Zimmerman before so much as an indictment, let alone a trial or conviction.

Now here we have a reverse of that situation. A black kid nearly kills a white kid, put him in the hospital for months struggling to live, and leaves him with a lifelong deformity and psychological issues.

Hell, even white supremacist groups are quiet because they're already at saturation with black on white violence. This just another blip even as white on black violence remains comparatively rare.

So are the black leaders marching in outrage at this injustice? Has Obama had a press conference? Are Sharpton and King on TV decrying the attack?

Nope. Not this time. Because this time it's a white victim and black leaders seek justice only for their own.

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineDraden
 User Gallery

#17345651 - 12/06/12 05:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Zimmerman is half hispanic. But I guess if you look white you are white, right?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Draden]
    #17345733 - 12/06/12 05:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#17345777 - 12/06/12 05:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

No it seems like you are definitely tring to elicit an emotional response based on the fact that this is a black person beating up a white person, I would call that inflammatory.

What is a race?

Quote:

While biologists sometimes use the concept of race to make distinctions among fuzzy sets of traits, others in the scientific community suggest that the idea of race is often used[3] in a naive[4] or simplistic way, i.e. that among humans, race has no taxonomic significance: all living humans belong to the same species, Homo sapiens.[5][6] Social conceptions and groupings of races vary over time, involving folk taxonomies [7] that define essential types of individuals based on perceived traits. Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete,[8] and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits.[4][9]
wiki race

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

#17345786 - 12/06/12 05:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

is he white then??

black and white on white??

think we need dna to settle this one, guy in the picture looks a little ethnic also...

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: More Black on White Violence, and Another Yawn From Black Leaders [Re: Draden]
    #17345787 - 12/06/12 05:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Draden said:
Zimmerman is half hispanic. But I guess if you look white you are white, right?

hispanic = mexican?
mexican = speaker?
hispanic speaker = spanish speaker?

Quote:

Stating accurate facts is "inflammatory"? Ah, this must be some strange new usage of the word that I hadn't previously been aware of.

the words in the story aren't kind anyways.  Inflammatory is how it's necessary to grip this situation.  The dude was a damn fool amongst a lot others. 

Where were they?
Oh yeah they don't even care about going to jail so it doesn't matter :shrug:

black scum in jail is interesting

--------------------
★★

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #17345815 - 12/06/12 05:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

it seems like you are definitely tring to elicit an emotional response based on the fact that this is a black person beating up a white person

Thank you for the free mind reading. You suck at it though. My advice? Keep your day job.

What is a race?

You don't need to teach me what race is and isn't. I know full well.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#17345844 - 12/06/12 05:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Oh I get it.  You're one of the people who thinks that whites are the real victims of racism.  Ok then.  I'm sure nothing I say will get you to pull your head out of your own ass.

InvisibleGreeNmOld
Stranger

#17345862 - 12/06/12 05:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

a cube is a cube...

--------------------
Clutch!!!!

Neil Fallon, LEGEND

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder