Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

Re: Adventure Sports [Re: pirate-blues]
    #17337740 - 12/05/12 10:56 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
I've dived Bonaire too! It was absolutely gorgeous! So cool that the island itself had very harsh desert terrain but there was so much color and life under those waves.

I'm an east coat(inland, too :facepalm:) diver. I don't know of any great diving immediately off of the North East coast myself, around here the only good diving is freshwater. We've got quarries that are crystal clear and have things like helicopters, school buses, etc sunk in them - people also use the one place I go to release their koi fish and they get huge. It's kind of cool, a ton of very large goldfish, almost lol. Sometime in the warmer months I'm going to go out to the Outer Banks. Florida's, obviously, also got some pretty world class diving.

The Chesapeake sounds interesting, I don't eat oysters, but I'd still probably dive it anyway lol - at least you've got that. All Philly's got are some meeeega polluted rivers that the police pull bodies out of on the reg...also the Camden Aquarium, I'm on the waiting list as a volunteer scuba diver. It seems worth having to go to Camden for.

Bonaire was a bitching island.

Atleast your not from Utah. We got like 5 lakes and 10 rivers 2nd driest state FTW:huxleyfacepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDraden
 User Gallery

Re: Adventure Sports [Re: pirate-blues]
    #17337885 - 12/05/12 11:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
I've dived Bonaire too! It was absolutely gorgeous! So cool that the island itself had very harsh desert terrain but there was so much color and life under those waves.

I'm an east coat(inland, too :facepalm:) diver. I don't know of any great diving immediately off of the North East coast myself, around here the only good diving is freshwater. We've got quarries that are crystal clear and have things like helicopters, school buses, etc sunk in them - people also use the one place I go to release their koi fish and they get huge. It's kind of cool, a ton of very large goldfish, almost lol. Sometime in the warmer months I'm going to go out to the Outer Banks. Florida's, obviously, also got some pretty world class diving.

The Chesapeake sounds interesting, I don't eat oysters, but I'd still probably dive it anyway lol - at least you've got that. All Philly's got are some meeeega polluted rivers that the police pull bodies out of on the reg...also the Camden Aquarium, I'm on the waiting list as a volunteer scuba diver. It seems worth having to go to Camden for.

If you're from Philly, Dutch Springs is just an hour or so up the road. I've never dove there, but I'd definitely like to. My home quarry ( :facepalm: ) is Bainbridge, near Harrisburg, PA.

I only got my cert this past summer (it was my recovery activity after breaking my back paragliding XD Neutral bouyancy feels great on a fractured spine) Already bought my own gear. Really looking to get under the ice for a bit, just for shits and giggles this winter. Hope 7mm is enough for some fun!

Hit me up if you ever need a divebuddy in the area.

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Adventure Sports [Re: Draden]
    #17340196 - 12/05/12 06:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, Dutch Springs is my go to quarry in the area! I would definitely recommend getting out there and diving it.
Hey, congrats on the cert! Diving is great and definitely super therapeutic, glad to see so many people on the shroomery who are into it.
Wow, I've never gotten under the ice or done much cold weather diving so definitely let me know how it goes. I'm looking into dry suit courses with PADI in the future for that very purpose.
I'm definitely looking to log some more dives in the NE and basically try to dive as much as I can when it gets warmer, if I'm down around that area I'll definitely hit you up - same to you, if you're ever lookin' to dive up this way!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]