Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
"Seventy million years ago,..........."
    #1729528 - 07/19/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Seventy million years ago, a mass of great lizards with tiny brains died due to circumstances beyond their control. Let the fossil record show that even fearsome Tyrannosaurus rex was innocent in the dinosaurs? extinction. Homo Sapiens won?t get off so easy: scientists now believe that humankind has sparked the fastest mass extinction since life began. At current rates of habitat destruction, overhunting, and the spread of invasive species, the planet will eventually lose between one third and two thirds of all species. "Sentinel" species are already bowing out: after 350 million years on Earth, frog populations are crashing worldwide, and half the planet?s forest birds will be doomed by the time a baby born this month turns 50. At the end of the extinction spiral is what naturalist David Quammen calls the "planet of weeds." The resident flora and fauna? Rats, feral dogs, thistle, crows, ragweed, scavenging monkeys, cockroaches. And, of course, human beings, with our pets and lawns still perfectly groomed.

................"Imagine if for the last 50 years we had sprayed the whole Earth with a nerve gas which had very potent effects. Well, we?ve done that, not with a nerve gas, but with chemicals which act like hormone disrupters." So says Florida biologist Louis Guillette, who in 1990 caught with his bare hands an alligator that would shake the world. The male gator appeared to be changing sex - the result of chemical pollutants that mimic the hormone estrogen. Since then, hormone disrupters in everyday products from insecticides to plastics to pharmaceuticals have been linked to dozens of other crises: crashing animal populations, hermaphroditic deformations, a plunge in human sperm counts, steadily climbing rates of breast and reproductive system cancers. Reproduction itself -the wellspring of survival, the keystone of genetic immortality - is under attack, and, says professor Guillette, "We should be screaming in the streets."
:nonono:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(and I am not talking abiout manson!!)

Another surreal snapshot from the "epocalypse": three-year-old girls with budding breasts and pubic hair. US pediatricians have found that girls today may be reaching puberty up to a year earlier than previously expected. Most shocking was evidence of rapid sexual maturation in the very young: one in 100 three-year-old girls is exhibiting "secondary sexual characteristics," a rate previously expected for all girls under age eight. Chemical chimeras are again the likely culprits; children are being exposed to estrogen disrupters in the womb and through their mothers? contaminated breast milk. Meanwhile, other hormone mimics appear to be slowing children?s mental and behavioral development. In a world crowded with hypersexualized images, what will it mean to be a girl with a rapidly maturing body and the lingering mind of a child?

Planet Venus is a trendsetter, with an atmosphere almost entirely composed of carbon dioxide and a surface temperature of 480? C. Inhabitants of Earth seem eager to try the Venusian lifestyle: more carbon dioxide has entered the atmosphere in the past century than in the previous 21,000 years, and the planet just keeps getting warmer. Each month in 1998 has broken historical records for global land and ocean temperatures. Contrarian scientists blame El Ni?o; Canadian climate modeling expert Andrew Weaver replies that El Ni?o itself may be a symptom of a climate shifting under the greenhouse gas burden. Other symptoms: wild weather changes, giant forest fires, pest outbreaks, melting permafrost, the record retreat of Antarctic ice shelves, a boom in warm-weather diseases-and widespread apathy about the human causes of global warming. "People don?t give a stuff about it," shrugs Weaver.  :nonono:

:smile:
"A new terrain of consciousness." This is the essence of bioregionalism, a movement to revolutionize the physical and mental landscape, to order human society according to local environments. Bioregionalists sweep away the arbitrary skein of borders and let natural lines-watersheds, mountain ranges-rise out of the tabula rasa. Within these new lines, the environment is given primacy: human goals are met through the most ecologically sound means, citizens watch sentinel species for signs of decline in the natural wealth, food no longer travels 2,000 miles to your mouth, people know where their water comes from and where their waste ends up. Global leaders are beginning to pay attention: New Zealand?s regional governments now act solely as "environmental guardians"; at the Western end of the Canada-U.S. border, support is growing for a new eco-region of Cascadia; throughout the world, the advance of industry meets resistance from peoples whose collective identities are rooted in the land. But the shift can be much more personal: at any moment, you can begin to "reinhabit," to wake up to the scent and seasons of your place among places.

Welcome home.

"A new GenerAsians survey asked 5,700 children, between the ages of 7 and 18, in 18 cities in 12 Asia-Pacific countries, about their activities, aspirations, food, drink and entertainment. The survey was sponsored by Turner Broadcasting?s Cartoon Network, and conducted by ACNielsen in March and April of 1998.

Food & Drink:
"What?s your favorite fast food restaurant?"
"What?s your favorite soft drink?"

Australia: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
China: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
Hong Kong: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
India: Suvarna Bhuvan, Coca-Cola
Indonesia: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
Japan: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
Malaysia: KFC, Coca-Cola
Philippines: Jollibee, Coca-Cola
Singapore: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
S. Korea: Lotteria, Coca-Cola
Taiwan: McDonald?s, Coca-Cola
Thailand: KFC, Pepsi

:mad: :thumbdown:

More than six weeks after US forces blew-up a pharmaceutical plant in Khartoum, Sudan, officials announced they had obtained evidence the factory was involved with an Islamic terrorist network. Last summer, critics charged President Bill Clinton lacked sufficient justification before launching the August 20 missile attack. It wasn?t until six weeks later that his administration said it found new proof that plant owner, Salih Idris, had financial deals with the terrorists. Idris denies the accusations.

The controversy began when 257 people were killed and more than 5,000 injured in August 7 bomb attacks on US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. Almost immediately, American officials announced their main suspect was Osama bin Laden, the Saudi Arabian multimillionaire leader of a worldwide group of Islamic terrorists who have vowed to kill Americans. Two weeks later, the US launched a retaliatory missile attack on one of bin Laden?s base camps in Afghanistan, and the Al Shifa pharmaceutical plant in Sudan. (thats no mistake as America will do ANYTHING for its drug companys , even if that means killing people making  GENERIC drugs for children suffering from AIDS! :nonono:)

The raid in Afghanistan, which according to the Taliban government killed 21 people, didn?t spark much international debate. But the Khartoum explosion that injured 10 people did. According to some CIA and State Department officials, the bombing was originally based on tenuous evidence of a connection between the plant and the terrorists. At the time of the attack, US officials insisted the factory was storing or producing an ingredient of VX nerve gas (which can also be used in pesticides). Gaps and inaccuracies in their plant description, however, raised eyebrows.

In Khartoum, some Western diplomats suggested the Americans had attacked the wrong plant. And the fact that the US had closed its CIA station in Sudan in 1995, and its embassy in 1996, provoked accusations that the administration did not have accurate current sources of information.

Some critics asked: Why didn?t President Clinton demand an inspection of the factory before demolishing it?

WAR CRIMINAL!! :thumbdown: :mad: :mad2:

The 42nd president of the United States was visibly angry. He looked his people straight in the eye, wagged his finger at them for daring to doubt his credibility, and then proceeded to lie through his teeth. His lies were cold, calculated, well rehearsed. He did not own up to them until many weeks later when he was finally cornered.

I don?t like people like that. If my wife lied to me that way, I would leave her. If a friend did it, I would stop calling them my friend. If an employee did it, I would fire them.

But most Americans don?t feel betrayed. In fact, Clinton?s approval ratings have progressively gone up, and lately there?s even a hint of heroic cool about the guy. Newsweek described him as "a colossus bestriding Washington" and wondered (haha), if he will "wear the Monica tie when he picks up the Nobel Peace Prize." Then the American people (well, 37% of them) went to the polls and gave the Democrats a historic mid-term victory.

What we have here is the spectacle of a postmoral society so jaded, so dumbed down, so utterly lost in its own tawdry soap opera, that it is no longer capable of cleaning its own dirty laundry. A post-democracy in which barely one in three citizens can muster the desire to vote. A populace as hollow as its leader.

THE END!

TA .......................da!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1730184 - 07/19/03 01:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

first of all let me say that I didn't read any of that (sorry) but I think you're saying that humans are like dinosaurs and we're about to become extinct or something like that. was that your point?

anyway, I think that would be an apt metaphor since some dinosaurs died out while others grew wings and took to the skies. looking across the political landscape, can you guess which is which?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1730207 - 07/19/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

no; I can't.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Strumpling]
    #1730264 - 07/19/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting read to say the least.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: MOTH]
    #1730563 - 07/19/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome post, Psilocybeingzz

Sweet and to the point.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Grav]
    #1730712 - 07/19/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thanks Grav!

"first of all let me say that I didn't read any of that (sorry) but I think you're saying that humans are like dinosaurs and we're about to become extinct or something like that. was that your point?"

try reading the post then and you might get it

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (07/19/03 06:18 PM)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1730729 - 07/19/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Did you write that?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1730850 - 07/19/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

nope

but I do "feel" it

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1730873 - 07/19/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

source?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1730981 - 07/19/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

heh yea, I was gonna say, you should write a book if you can write like that :smile:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Grav]
    #1731017 - 07/19/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

www.adbusters.org

the only free magazine that "people" can actually have a voice

check this out

What a perfect, perfect world. So much order and planning, so many grids, so many routines and systems. It's like a machine, isn't it? And if it is, what does this rational machinery produce? Hundreds of kinds of chocolate bars and only two choices for president. An economy that gets a boost from every oil spill, sweatshop and cancer ward. Longer working hours for a lower quality of life. Pre-emptive war. And maybe, one day, a chance to live forever.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1731027 - 07/19/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Utterly insane.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1732033 - 07/20/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it's really lame to post an article without citing a source... and then taking credit for it.
when someone said "great post", you said "thanks" as if you wrote it.
that would have been a good opportunity to say "I didn't write that"

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1732150 - 07/20/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Great post, the world really is so fucked up in so many ways...need to get back to the 'Partnership Model' of society as McKenna argues in 'Food of the Gods' instead of racing away from it with increasing speed as time passes.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1733107 - 07/20/03 07:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Awesome post, Psilocybeingzz"

I said thanks to this , which doesnt mean I took credit for anything and when asked if I wrote it I said no and gave the source, so I think you are just "trying" to find something wrong with what I did when really theres nothing

peace
psilocybeing

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #1734011 - 07/21/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Happy!!!

You are right. What can I say. We continue to make some extremely foolish and destructive mistakes, and our world and society suffers for it.

--------------------
Namaste

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: RedNucleus]
    #1734016 - 07/21/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you guys that believe that the humans are willingly destroying the earth are ignoring a basic fact:

our current social structures rely on economic expansion, trade and industry.

okay, you want to live in a sustainable world? how will you employ and feed 6 billion people? without using communism/totalitarian methods, and without inciting a world-revolution that would definitly result in mass destruction?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1734178 - 07/21/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So whats your point? that the destruction of the planet is inevitable and the only way to have a sustainable society is thru a totalitarian or communist system?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1735206 - 07/21/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think there is a way for our present population to thrive without decimating our resources, enviornment, and inhabitants. It will either be a horrible disease, or war, or natural disaster that will bring our population back into balance, or we will need communism/totalitarion methods, to keep us in 'order' and focus us towards intersteller expansion and thus new tapable resources.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (07/21/03 02:13 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: "Seventy million years ago,..........." [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1735235 - 07/21/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

no, what I'm saying is, humans arent intentionally destroying the planet. We have a huge population, and we are very hard to organize, so to blame our current organization methods is stupid, unless you have a new method you can put into place without taking away freedom and causing mass death.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order