Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Alternative Lifes
    #1733937 - 07/21/03 03:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As I become older and older I am fast approaching the "real" world. Unlike most people I do not see myself working a 9 to 5 job and raising a family in suburbia. I'd like to start a family, but the suburban life is not for me. At times I become concerned, I believe in love and freedom while it seems most of the world does not. It appears I will be living in America for years as it takes a lot of money and resources to move to another country. Also I have family here, family that I care deeply about. Basically my concerns are how can I live the life I would like to live without becoming part of the "system", if you will?

I'd like to hear some stories from those that have lived and are living happy and successful lives. Define success, as you will. I look at groups like the Rainbow family and other people that share similar beliefs, and I think these are the people I want to surround myself with. These are the people that are connected with earth. Basically I made this post right after I came to the realization that the life I want to lead is a less traveled path and looked down upon by many.

Also, for those with alternate styles of living, how you react to the pressure given off by parents, friends, and family to live "normal" lives? I love my parents and I want to make them happy, but my happiness comes before theirs. Fortunately my parents are supporting people who I believe will be happy if I am happy.

Any input is welcome. This is a rather confusing part of my life but I am still happy. Just happy and worried.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Alternative Lifes [Re: Cherk]
    #1733969 - 07/21/03 03:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you won't be happy if your parents aren't happy. even if you have conflicting views, chances are they aren't too serious. I used to think that pot and mushrooms where more important than my families love, but (thanks, ironically, to MDA and mushrooms) I now realize that nothing is more important.

I don't think that old people (including parents...) can give us any good advice. our paradigm is too far off. I believe that the most useful thing to do is to prepare, always prepare. get in really good shape, learn about your environment and your body and your mind and some to peace or equilibrium with yourself. read philosophy. then get a certification or license so you can get a reasonably paying job (like an emt or a nurses aid or a computer job, etc.) for the meantime.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Re: Alternative Lifes [Re: Malachi]
    #1734026 - 07/21/03 04:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'll give this a little bump before I head off to bed.  At least the dream world is accepting of you, no matter what :wink:

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
    #1734165 - 07/21/03 06:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i am in same position as you, i plan on winning the lottery

--------------------
KB

OfflineCherk
Narc
Male User Gallery

Re: Alternative Lifes [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1734387 - 07/21/03 10:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hahahaha

OfflineJhadAgainstReality
the only thinglonger than myname is my penis

Loc: england
    #1734459 - 07/21/03 11:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well mate if you have a bit of cash, come down to england

im lookin for someone to share a house with, im too poor to pay for it myself

im american and i like england 10x better than the US; here i can walk to work smoking an early morning spliff, then order 20 grams of shrooms every other weekend, wheras in the US...i probably couldnt

--------------------
"Listen Bush, i dont have any weapons. are you listening asshole? i dont have any fucking weapons! whats your problem, you fucking prick? Do you, like, WANT to go to war or something?! hey! whats all that laughter? whats so fucking funny?! Bush? BUSH! *click* Hello? HELLO?"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology