Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
ramble.txt
    #1733449 - 07/20/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I write stuff in .txt files, with the intention of making them into something worthwile.. but it never happens, they just become little chunks of text sitting there.. collecting dust.. This is one that I re-read, and thought I'd share.. no need to comment.. no need top point out flaws.. i'm just sharing an old .txt

Any religion which does not allow complete and absolute freedom to evolve and incorperate
new ideas into its core and branched mantras, is one which is not worth following. To say
that "This is the final draft for the meaning of your life" is pretty arrogant and
lock-headed. Every day people awaken and go out, living their lives. The vast majority
live in a childlike semi-bliss, never growing up. Always having their big daddy in the sky to watch
over them, ignorant of how insignificant they are, how their shiny new car and home mean
nothing to anything that really matters... Not understanding that they never could
matter to anything, because nothing is any more or less significant than anything else.
So we invent value. This is where god comes into play. With god in the picture, everyone
is valuable. Every person is of equal spiritual value, god loves everyone the same.
Everyone who obeys the laws set forth by the current government will join a great heaven
upon their death. Despite the -fact- that there is absoluty no evidence, or indication
that god exists or that there is heaven and hell... people continue to believe it. Even
many people who are not actively religious deep down somewhere believe in a rediculous
notion that was set forth thousands of years ago as a crude attempt at answering the
question of "why are we here, why are we concious of ourselves"; Which was later used for
hundreds of years, even to this very day as a means of controling and keeping mass ignorant
populations in check; as Carl Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses" Remnants
of these ancient ideas and falsehoods still linger... half a millenium from now, children will probably learn of the spiritual dark ages we live in now, in their history classes. They'll laugh the same way we laugh at ancient peoples who
thought the earth to be flat. Throwing out the idea of god entirly is equally as ignorant
as blinjdly saying he does exist, despite all lack of evidence to suggest so. A negative can
never be proven; god might exist. There is no way to prove he does or does not. Therefore the only
reasonable stance on the existance of god is the agnostic view.

If god does exist, I doubt very much so that any of the current organized religions would meet
his expectations.. assuming he had any. I personally believe that all we can really do is live
our life with as much decency and goodness as we can, live our lifes as selflessly as
possible and attempt to leave it better than had we never visited it at all.

Also, suppose a child was raised to be a murder, from the time of his birth he was trained to
be this way. It is who he is, it is what he is. Should he be any more condemned because of who
he is than anyone else.. His current spot on his journy through life is not his own fault.
Why should he pay for it? How can

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: ramble.txt [Re: Jared]
    #1733500 - 07/20/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

heres some of my old .txt's

my mind is a card house
because lies are so thick and sturdy
in this sick society
but i wont run away
i am dynamic

urban wondering
dinosaur skeleton
big museum
outer space
if you know what I mean
the mystic magic

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ramble.txt [Re: Grav]
    #1733503 - 07/20/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice =) I'm glad to know im not the only person who does this.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1733632 - 07/20/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yea dude sometimes ill find some .txt in my folder from years ago and read it and be like 'wtf' its fun to see remnants of your past mind.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1733654 - 07/20/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes!! i have endless text files like that.

I picked a random one too: Here is "war.txt":
----------------------------------

What if you are convinced that your enemy has a gun and is going to kill you?

Its possible that you are completely paranoid and should be thinking about something else.

Its possible that your enemy is not as strong as he appears.

Its possible that your enemy is not going to kill you.

You ask your enemy: "Can you please give me your gun, you are making me scared"

Your enemy says: "Never, you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands." Your enemy keeps his gun because he fears yours.

Eventually you spend alot of time worrying about this, but cant think of a good solution. You decide to kill your enemy and get the gun back.

Then you realize you dont know where the enemy has hidden his gun. It could be anywhere! You decide to get the rest of the neighbourhood to invade his neighbourhood and find it.

Eventually your two neighboorhoods begin arguing violently and threatening war. All the neighboorhoods around you shake their heads and wave their fingers. They dont want any part of your fued.

Your neighboors have learnt that guns dont kill people, people kill people. They accept the fact that guns exist, and have learnt to live with that fact. The also know that there will always be someone you dont like who owns a gun.

Time wears on, and you come to realize that after all this time worrying, your enemy still hasnt killed you, or even attacked you. Life is a learning experience. Its time you learnt that you are still alive for a reason, and that is because your enemy isn't trying to kill you.

Our true enemy is fear. You must trust life. Life has got us this far. When we go to war against life, we attempt to turn back the tide of evolution, and it is never pretty. Life is too powerful now, I predict that peace will conquer war, that good will defeat evil. For every step back our fellow men take, we must take two forward. And they will step back, because every mans mind fails in time, and instead of feeling ashamed, we must be there to help them back in line.

We are always children of the revolution, as we are children of the universe. Our forefathers lived and died for us, as we live and will die for our own. That is the greatest responsibility of human: to live until we die. Every man and woman must seize a hold of their thread in life and weave a better existence. Where one improves, all improve.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ramble.txt [Re: pattern]
    #1733703 - 07/20/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice, keep em coming :smile:
Heres one from when I thought I could write a story about internet addiction.. but I got sidetracked.. chatting.. and.. posting... and.. damn.

Document.txt:

An indigo shadow crept acrossed my face, inching closer and closer to my eye... the sun threatening to wake me up through my blue blinds. I opened my eyes before the ray reached... and rolled out of its path, saving myself from certain awakening... Checked the time... 5:23 pm... Had slept all day again... was up all night on the computer... again. I still felt exhausted, like every ounce of strength I had had to be used just to breath... "I'll get out of bed in a few minutes...  Just another few... ?I lied to myself as I let my mind drift out of this world, and back into my dreams. That day was just another repeat of an episode I had seen far too many times... It had lost its flavour and novelty, it was pure addiction now. I was a Message board Whore, a chat room junkie... my life could have defined what Internet Addiction was.

You might wonder how someone can become addicted to something that doesn't enter their body physically... How can you become addicted to a box of wires and microchips..? Well, when something has the vast potential to replace nearly every aspect of your life... the chance for addiction isn?t just there... it?s violently apparent. Imagine, from your desk, your comfortable chair, you can talk to your friends, make new friends, play a game, visit Fiji, listen to any song you want, watch any movie you want, learn anything you want.. The potential to see, hear, and do almost anything is there.

I remember when I first got a computer; it was December 19th, 1999? Just a few weeks before the ?y2k? bug was to destroy all computers, and ultimately mankind. A Compaq Presario 5747, with an AMD K6-2 475MHz processor. This box was the catalyst to where I am today... to where my life has deteriorated away to. At first my usage was tailored within reason... I would use the computer nearly 2 hours a day, on average. I played starcraft, used napster to download a few songs... just generally had a good time on the internet, chatting with school friends over icq? but never did my online time break the 2hour mark? That all changed when I got Photopaint 7.0? I started using it everyday after school, after a while I was playing with it more than starcraft, doodling, playing with filters... making interesting effects... just generally getting a feel for the program, I also started making little websites using the homestead webpage editor, a simple online program made for complete code-idiots who wanted to create a website. My father saw one of the sites I made, and instantly he had a vision... he had a dream... or he saw an outlet which he could exploit in order to achieve a dream and vision he had held for a while. This is the point in my life where my addiction began to manifest, and affect my day to day life, and when fractures in the foundation which made my life began to appear.

My name is Jared, and this is my story.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1733818 - 07/21/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I too, am apart of your guy's club.

Internet + Notepad = David's use of computer.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: ramble.txt [Re: David_Scape]
    #1733874 - 07/21/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Share with us :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #1733888 - 07/21/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

(said slowly) Yes, Davey. Share.  :wink: 

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

#1733957 - 07/21/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

[I dont really agree with these writings...just for the record. But hey, it's all about free association.]

Utility is facilitated by dealing with as small amount of information as possible that is regulating the largest amount of phenomina possible. this is the motivation behind utility.
----------------
"Emotional experiences of the creative mathematician: frustration at the intractability of what ought to be an easy question, elation when light dawned, suspicion as you checked whether there were any holes in the argument, aesthetic satisfaction when you decided the idea really was O.K. and realized how neatly it cut through all the apparent complications. Creative mathematics is just like this--but
with more serious subject matter."[this is a quote from a book.not me.it's just here, dont ask]
------------
if the feeling does not immediately give an solution-action, disregard it.
------------
Its just that when i feel like doing something, I feel like i have to do it all. And i have to do it untill im COMPLETELY done. That is, untill i complete my goal. But this goal is never completed because i always come up with secondary and analogous goals along the way. It just keeps branching out, and by the time you realize that you are overworked you've already neglected your hygiene and friends think you've lost it...

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #1733966 - 07/21/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

On my computer I have around 50 random text files with nothing but pure me in them. It's interesting to read them in chronological order and watch my mind evolve.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

#1733971 - 07/21/03 01:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

[here's an interesting one concerning the message board as a medium for formal debate]
---------
The message board is effective in many ways that real life talks and arguments are
not. While I do not think that we should get rid of organised real life talks; I'm
disheartend at the fact that there is no type of debate taking place between
politicans on a message board type enviroment. Here is a list of my believed cons and
pros:

Pros.
1.Many types of emotional persuasion and coercion are rendered useless.
2.It becomes more smoother to come to a conclusion when two people are mutually
cooperating in a formal fasion.
3.It's much more easier for people to argue logically as statements can be written or
re-written in a formal fashion
4. People will be forced to answer all critical challenges to thier argument or risk
the question sticking out like nun in a singles bar.
5. Any irrational emotions expressed on a message board will be more likely to be
tagged by the reader as 'irrational' as the written-word needs more work by the reader
to percieve emotions.
6.(this is a lesser point, but in my opinion has merit.) Anyone can gain experience in
this kind of debate, if they wish, by joining a message board and hence they become
better anlysers of messageboard type debate. which will clean buggs out of the method
even more as the people will become harder to fool.
7.Since this does not depend on the heat of the moment the speakers can get their
references and other shit together for each response if necessary.

Cons.
1. In many contexts, implied points are hard to convey and would need to be stated
explicitly. (this one can be seen as a pro?)
2. Many people are prone to believe whatever they read. (this is a serious problem, I
use to be this way back when I didnt read a whole lot. Many people in america arent
big readers and I wouldnt be suprised if they are the same way. I think it might have
some thing to do with the rich information intake that comes with reading?)
------------

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1734004 - 07/21/03 01:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

write it draw it feel it express it launch it. let it go like, let it go... let it go. If you feel it go... let it flow. Be in the know or so it will show when you break the flow.
im on the low. i see a flow, like those rivers singing you softly to sleep. but to sleep, where the boogie man lives. where he shows you beneath the veil, into hell where men stab and slice eachother. as if it were a game, as if it were a game, they just let it play, let it play, let it play. such a terrible price some innocent pay for these selfish games. ah, if i could only go back, but nay it seems as though it would be in vain. -- I walk away, slowly it rains. the dust settles. the rain pours out, over the sides.creeping along, i follow suit. watch the hay sway, past days like the rains. Remind ME!

take me to, a Highher Placee ahigher Place

--------------------
What?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1734488 - 07/21/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I wish I could give you one of my old txt's...but I encrypted them all with pgp and forgot my key  :confused:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: ramble.txt [Re: trendal]
    #1734766 - 07/21/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i always have notepad open so i can randomly write stuff. its fun. hi jared.

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ramble.txt [Re: tak_old]
    #1734948 - 07/21/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Trendal =(

Tak, hi!

We should start a website devoted to notepad users.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1737411 - 07/22/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

cars.txt
------------------
We've got cars. And now all of a sudden nothing else matters but cars.
Throw out alcohol, weed, and all drugs because you might get in a car accident.
Is it a fact that cars are more important than drugs?
I think it's the other way around.
We've had cars for less than a hundred years.
We'll probably invent better methods of travel than cars.
Drugs have been around for millions of years.
Which do you think will be more important in the next thousand years?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1737423 - 07/22/03 04:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

formulas.txt
----------------
equations

e=mcc
sm=ile

These arent just expressions of the way things
are, they are expressions of the way things
should be.  These formulas are the life of the
universe.  We should not break them, for when we do, we cause harm

to life itself.  The formulas
that are true, are the formulas that are good.
The formulas that are good are the formulas
that work, naturally. 

random
where the chips fall

A person of good faith never lies about their religion.  They simply change the subject.

It is never a good time to create a religion.  Religions cause big trouble.  Thats why we must evolve them, to ones that cause less trouble. 

Religion will never go away.  Religions occupy a highly evolved niche of this world and are very successful.  So is atheism.
All beliefs fit nicely into a big pie, and humanity eats it. 
Sometimes, you just gotta nudge your elbows, and people will stand out of your way.

I'm alive like you, I am one.  Hello!
We are all unique individuals, formed together
into cultures.  We all share the same space and
we all live in the same time. 

We all have a gut reaction to kill each other, and many of you are
still acting on it.  There are times and places to live by your guts.

From randomness comes patterns, and their interaction creates life.

PS: i used to do alot of drugs :tongue:   

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #1737699 - 07/22/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"I'm alive like you, I am one. Hello!"

hah! I love that!

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#1737944 - 07/22/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

On my computer I have around 50 random text files with nothing but pure me in them. It's interesting to read them in chronological order and watch my mind evolve.

Underneath my bed I have a towel with nothing but 'pure me' in it..  It's fun to leave it for like a month then discover it while cleaning my room..

Haha I'm sorry guys..  totally jokes.. I just had to.. :laugh:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck