Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
What can we do?
    #1732674 - 07/20/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am sick of our government. Im sick of unjust drug laws, screwed up education systems, and un needed war in general. It seems to me that the spirit that existed in the 60's, the spirit that if we all come together we can change the world, that spirit is gone. The government has succesfuly killed that spirit, and that is why our society is corrupt, and unjust. society in general is going down the tubes, i want to spread my views into my peers, i want to bring back the spirit. What can i do to help this? I feal like something big is going to happen in the next 10 years, and that im going to be a part of it. I hope so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: What can we do? [Re: psikooz]
    #1732702 - 07/20/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Amen brother!  :thumbup:  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1732713 - 07/20/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What can we do? [Re: Zahid]
    #1732723 - 07/20/03 03:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The truth is there is fuck all you can do about it, just sit back and let the wankers do what they want... You dont have to better the world, very hard to do IMO, just better yourself and go for you goal man

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: What can we do? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1732747 - 07/20/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There's alot that can be done to prevent Bush and the convervatives from getting a second term.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
    #1732775 - 07/20/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And what would that accomplish? You would merely have another person with "new" ideals instead... No matter who is in power its still the same shit as before

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1732780 - 07/20/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's not entirely accurate.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
    #1732803 - 07/20/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In what way?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1732878 - 07/20/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The government has succesfuly killed that spirit, and that is why our society is corrupt, and unjust.

the government didn't kill that spirit, it died on its own.

i want to spread my views into my peers, i want to bring back the spirit. What can i do to help this?

lead by example... and spread the mushroom far and wide.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: What can we do? [Re: ]
    #1732956 - 07/20/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The government got rid of the leaders of the spirit, that is why it died.

And if everyone comes to gether, things can change. It is the additude of "theres nothing we can do" that the government wants us to have, but that is false, there are things we can do.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1732988 - 07/20/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What "leaders of the spirit" did the governement get rid of and how did they do it?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: What can we do? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1732995 - 07/20/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Leary , lennon, these were major ones.

Anonymous

#1733016 - 07/20/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

are you saying that the government killed Dr. Leary and John Lennon?

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: What can we do? [Re: ]
    #1733074 - 07/20/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the government is responsible for their demise.

Edited by psikooz (07/20/03 08:31 PM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1733207 - 07/20/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:
the governemnt is responsible for their dimise.

How so?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
    #1733221 - 07/20/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The governemnt cant have people like lennon or leary. People with views that are the complete opposite of what the government wants the general public to have. They were people with power, and the government did everything they could so that they would cease to exist, and to influence people.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1733240 - 07/20/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well.....I didn't expect your answer to have much substance, but that is just stupid. So the government didn't like them? So they didn't like what they had to say? So what. Doesn't mean the governement had anything to do with their demise.

--------------------

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
    #1733452 - 07/20/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Whatever man. The government is wrong, and it needs to change. America was built on rebellion, and it is the only force that creates progress.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1733745 - 07/20/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"The truth is there is fuck all you can do about it, just sit back and let the wankers do what they want... "

why would you think like this?

I cannot understand those who seem to see the scum in our society but then say "oh well.."

NON-ACTION IS GOING TO MAKE IT SO EASY FOR THEM TO CONTINUE.

I just finished an excellent book by Adbusters Media Foundation founder Kalle Lash, entitled "Culture Jam."

The whole book was great :smile: I'm going to quote some stuff from it - might be a bit long :wink: :

Quote:

Most people in the world have never heard of culture jamming. Yet it is not a new movement. We place ourselves on a revolutionary continuum that includes, moving backward in time, early punk rockers, the '60s hippie movement, a group of European intellectuals and conceptual artists called the Situationist Internation (born of the Lettrist International), the surrealists, Dadaists, anarchists, and a host of other social agitators down through the ages whose chief aim was to challenge the prevailing ethos in a way that was so primal and heartfelt it could only be true.

...But it was the Situationists.. they were the first to understand how the media spectacle slowly corrodes the human psyche. They were, in a sense, the first postmodern revolutionaries.
.. The Situationists declared a commitment to 'a life of permanent novelty.' They were interested only in freedom, and just about any means to it were justified. The creativity of everyday people, which consumer capitalism and communism had weakened but not killed, desperately needed to find expression. Down with the bureaucracies and heirarchies and ideologies that stifled spontaneity and free will. To the Situationists, you are - everyone is - a creator of situations, a performance artist, and the performance, of course, is your life, lived in your own way. Various stunts were concocted to foster spontaneous living. Situationist members suggested knocking down churches to make space for children to play, and putting switches on the street lamps so lighting would be under public control.
.. The Situationists spoke often of the 'spectacle' of modern life. The term encompassed everything from billboards to art exibitions to soccer matches to radio and TV. Broadly speaking, it meant modern society's 'spectacular' level of commodity and consumption and hype. Everything human beings once experienced directly had been turned into a show put on by someone else. Real living had been replaced by prepacked experiences and media-created events. Immediacy was gone. Now there was only 'mediacy'-- life as mediated through other instruments, life as a media creation... The spectacle had 'kidnapped' our real lives, co-opting whatever authenticity we once had.

... You may already be a culture jammer. Maybe you're a student who does not want a career working for corporate America. A graphic artist tired of selling your soul to ad agency clients. A vegan. A biker. A maverick professor. An Earth Firster who liberated a billboard last night.
We jammers are a loose global network of artists, activists, environmentalists, Green entrepreneurs, media-literacy teachers, down-shifters, reborn Lefties, high-school shit disturbers, campus rabble-rousers, dropouts, incorrigibles, poets, philosophers, ecofeminists. We cover the spectrum from the cool intellectual middle to the violent lunatic fringe, from Raging Grannies who chant doggerel at protests to urban guerrillas who stage wild street parties. We are ecological economists, TV jammers, ethical investors. We paint our own bike lanes, reclaim streets, 'skull' Calvin Klein ads, and paste GREASE stickers on tables and trays at McDonald's restaurants. We organize swap meets, rearrange items on supermarket shelves, make our software available free on the Net, and generally apply ourselves to the daily business of getting consumer culture to bite its own tail. We're idealists, anarchists, guerrilla tacticians, hoaxers, pranksters, neo-Luddites, malcontents and punks... revolution is said to be no longer possible. What we share is an overwhelming rage against consumer capitalism, and a vague sense that our time has come to act as a collective force.

The book gives several good ideas on how to assist this general movement.. I thought it was great and would recommend it for anybody who feels that "America is no longer a country but a multimillion-dollar brand," including the politicians and many people who seem to be "rebels."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Re: What can we do? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1733840 - 07/21/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Oh my god man! Thats what im talking about!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale