Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Please tell me there are others like me...
    #1731843 - 07/20/03 04:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok if you've read my post in support about having a drug/booze problem, ignore that and clear your mind of presuppositions.

I've had this before I ever abused a substance. Perhaps you S&P viewers can help me figure out what's going on in my head.

Throughout my life I've had these odd feelings.. dreams that come true, random chaotic thoughts that reflect reality only seconds later (today alone I experienced this at least a dozen times), and a type of future-sight.

I was in eighth grade with my first major experience. I was told when I was young everything was just coincidence, and there was nothing more to life than just life itself. Meaning, everything is at it is, and nothing else. (Note: If this has anything to do with anything... I've *always* seen ghosts. I've been visited many times. I've been haunted. I've had OOB's. I believe in God, but not the traditional Christian God.)

I was on my way to a parent-teacher conference with the good ol' parents. Halfway there, I broke out in tears, and made my eyes focus and un-focus on the raindrops on the window because they seemed happier than what I was going through at that very moment.

This girl, "Erica", rode her bike out into the intersection near the middle school purposefully/accidentally (no one would ever know the truth but me and her) and was killed instantly. The moment of her death, 8:07, is right when I glanced at the clock in the car and saw everything. First I saw her right foot lift off the ground and on the pedals and she pushed herself off with her left and stared pedaling. I saw her get hit - she was only a mile or two away from my location. I saw everything in REAL TIME AS IT HAPPENED. My reality slipped away and was replaced by her's. It was as if I was transplated a mere five feet away from her. I had never seen the girl in my life, and the girl in my vision was her, judging by yearbook pictures. This is how I know I have a gift. This was 6 years ago.

A few years later, we were playing golf in gym class (i know, wtf?) and there was this girl I never got along with, I'll call her Sarah. We were always at odds with each other. She made a rude comment, I made one back. I was overwhelmed with a sense of dread. I knew she was going to die the next day.

Sarah had epilepsy, but she hid it from everyone aside from her two best friends and her family. She had a mild seizure early Saturday and went home Saturday night, against doctor's orders. She had another one, and passed away.

When I dream.. it's like 5000 TV's going at once each on a different channel, and I can see and understand each all at once. I can make my bed and tuck my covers in, but when I wake up, I realize I've been tossing and turning all night. I grind my teeth.

I sometimes dream when I'm awake. Random, little thoughts get stuck into my head and reflect reality only seconds later. I have notebooks filled with what can't be coincidence, and other notebooks filled with dreams that have come true. I can safely say, on average, I can see into the future 30x a day, whether by dream or a sudden flash of insight. Sometimes, it's seconds later, other times, it's much longer.

I believe it is inherited. My aunt has it, but my father doesn't, or choses to either not speak of it or his gift didn't develop as well. It disappeared for a while when I was heavy into drugs. This is the main reason why I think I became addicted to some. The 5000 TV screens shut off at night most of the time, but now that I've been clean they've come back. I'm reeling with the mass amounts of insight/future-sight and dreams that come true. It feels like my brain is overloading.

My logic behind the fact that this is true is 1) With all of the evidence I have, it cannot be false. 2) If humans are going to evolve anymore on this planet, it's certainly going to be of a mental nature rather than a physical one. 3) Apparently other humans have it. 4) I had it before any chronic drug use, disappeared during the peak, and has come back now that I have stopped. It is not a burnt out brain or a tripped out kid having trouble getting back into normalcy, so don't even bother posting anything like that.

My question is, how can I hone my gift, or use it to my/humanity's advantage, or perhaps get a good night's sleep once in a while? I've had OOB's through meditation before, perhaps meditation is key into mastering this gift?

I believe I am some type of focal point, a beacon, a battery, what have you.. but I'm not on a high pedestal, and I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone/everyone else, but I've always had the feeling that I have something that not many other people do. I can sense other people if they're "tuned in", and some people give off different vibes. If I get a good vibe from someone and I ask them if they've ever seen the future in their dreams, the answer is always yes. Bad vibes = no. All the same, all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Please tell me there are others like me... [Re: Adden]
    #1731864 - 07/20/03 05:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Realize that your thoughts create your reality, and project them accordingly. Meditation is good for training your mind to focus at will, therefore control it. Dream your reality and live your dream. It's all the same anyway.

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Please tell me there are others like me... [Re: Shroomism]
    #1731898 - 07/20/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Go to www.psipog.net for a community of people who understand your gift and you can learn how to begin to develop it there. I think it would be a good idea for you to find a real live person who you can relate to or who could train you.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
    #1731925 - 07/20/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i know it may sound corny, but i believe i have experiences similar to you. i am 100% serious when i say this, too. i almost never miss an episode of the simpsons, and at one point in the day, an episode comes into my head, so i replay an entire scene, as i have pretty much memorized them all (yea, im pathetic). but a few days later, that exact episode is broadcast. i notice it each time, and it still freaks me out. why do i know which one will be on?

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1731944 - 07/20/03 09:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i used to have similar experiences, up until three years ago. three years ago, i told my girlfriend not to let her sister borrow her car ever. i told her that her sister would die in that car if she drove it. we ended up breaking up over that, because she thought it was some sort of sick joke. telling her i was serious only made things worse. i didn't hear from her for almost four months.

then, my ex called me at 3:39 on superbowl sunday and told me that her sister just died, when she wrecked my ex's car.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Edited by eric_the_red (04/14/23 03:15 PM)

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Please tell me there are others like me... [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1731987 - 07/20/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I get that sort of thing too, on a daily basis, except not as vivid as you have described. The only thing I can suggest is to learn to deal with it. Drugs may shut it out, but doing drugs so you can sleep at night isn't recommended... It's an addiction, bottom line.

Use what you have to your advantage, but don't learn to RELY on it. If it happens as much as you say it does, just take it when it comes and try to work towards the best solution for any problem. If you're enlightened on death before it happens, unfortunately, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.. People die - it's a part of life.. You may just have to accept this fact sooner than some, which may be hard, but you'll be a better person for it.

I hope that helps... It wasn't until I accepted that I couldn't control it that it finally stopped bothering me.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1731997 - 07/20/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There is a huge problem with using a truly precognitive talent, because if you can use the information to stop the bad things you've seen from happening, then it wasn't the true future that you saw. The true future is, by definition, the one that actually happens.

But using it for positive feedback would be different. You should try using the talent to predict the stock market. That could be useful for the whole economy, because it would enable us to allocate financial investments more efficiently.

#Edit: finding missing persons would also be a useful application.

Edited by Rhizoid (07/20/03 09:39 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Please tell me there are others like me... [Re: IamHungry]
    #1732204 - 07/20/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i almost never miss an episode of the simpsons, and at one point in the day, an episode comes into my head, so i replay an entire scene, as i have pretty much memorized them all (yea, im pathetic). but a few days later, that exact episode is broadcast.

Ok this is pretty freaky, maybe the Simpsons touches an inner sight in all of this.. I can distinctly remember this happening well over two-hundred times. It's mostly with the Simpsons - LOL - but sometimes I'll think of a really old TV show I didn't watch a lot, an old one I've only seen once, and I'll flip through the channels and it'll be on.

Just last night I was laying in bed thinking about that time I tripped and watched the Discovery channel and it was all about elephants and how elephants were such magnificent creatures. So... I turn on Cartoon Network and Bugs&Daffy is playing the episode with the tiny elephant that makes the town go crazy.

Here's a few minor things that happened last night, let me know your input (these are just things of a minor oddness nothing big):

Me and my girl are walking home from the fireworks. There's a huge crowd and cars are attempting to drive, and a black convertible is blasting "Sweet Home Alabama". Seconds later, I think of saying to my girl, "Hey baby, how come people don't just randomly break out in song like they do in movies/tv?" I got that weird feeling, and seconds later, three kids come running by singing Sweet Home Alabama at the top of their lungs to the car's music.

Later in the night we find ourselves at a mountain party (I got dragged along). I think of bending down and lighting my cigarette in the bonfire, but I think better of it because it'd taste like shit, and the EXACT image I saw in my head replays seconds later as someone else does it. I mean, I smoke Marlboros, but in my head I saw a completely white 100 cigarette being lit even when I contemplated lighting it in there. It was *immediately* after. The image that was in my head was exactly that, same hand, same cigarette, same way it turned in the fire and the same way the fire licked the ends of it because it was packed and the excess paper burned a little bit first.

It's just little rifts like these that happen numerous times daily and just bug me out a little bit. Am I looking too hard? Are they really happening? Surely these aren't the best examples but they'll give an idea, they're the ones that stood out from yesterday. Sometimes they're just dumb little things tho...

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1732396 - 07/20/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Start videotaping things. Write it down the moment you have one of these "precognitions". Maybe you could take the Randi Challenge and earn yourself one million dollars.

Here's what I would do:

Keep a camcorder with me as much as possible. As soon as I had a "future sight", I'd hit record, write down or say exactly what I felt or experienced, and then see if something happens. Make sure you can verify the time and date. Then you'll know whether you have selective memory or if you're just going crazy.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1732403 - 07/20/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

quit freaking out about it and realize how much fun it is. also realize that some things have to happen, and trying to change it will only make things worse anyway.

remember that every altruistic genius that has seen the future and tried to change it have only made things worse. Einstien and Jesus are two classic examples...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
*Ahem* [Re: Adden]
    #1732460 - 07/20/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

With all of the evidence I have, it cannot be false.
Subjective "evidence" is frequently delusional. I highly doubt that you could pass Randi's test, a Swami Challenge, or any other objective measurement. In 3 years on this board, e-v-e-r-y single member that has participated in a Swami Challenge has failed miserably.

If I get a good vibe from someone and I ask them if they've ever seen the future in their dreams, the answer is always yes. Bad vibes = no. All the same, all the time.
You would not care to put a HUGE wager on the this "fact" now would you? Please no squirming about using your gift for money. If you had any qualms you could donate it to your favorite charity. As per usual, you will decline with some weak reason as has every other "gifted" person on this board .

...and I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone/everyone else, but I've always had the feeling that I have something that not many other people do
Yes you do. Your ego thinks you are special. In order to keep this false image intact, you will "respectfully" decline the Swami Challenge meanwhile telling me how close-minded I am. How do I know this in advance? Because the Swami can "see" the future.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: *Ahem* [Re: Swami]
    #1732509 - 07/20/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Subjective "evidence" is frequently delusional. "

subjective evidence is the only thing that matters to the individual

"In 3 years on this board, e-v-e-r-y single memeber that has participated in a Swami Challenge has failed miserably."

abilities can be tested.  gifts can not.  they come and go as they please. But I'm sure you'll write that off as another lame excuse...  how do I know?  because you think in logic and logic is pretictable.  the universe we live in is neither predictable or logical.  you have much to learn...

"Please no squirming about using your gift for money. If you had any qualms you could donate it to your favorite charity. "

ambition is for the unenlightened.  "he who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know."

"Your ego thinks you are special. "

everyone is special :smile:

hey swami, let me ask YOU a question:  Why would a determinist monitor and post on a sprirituality forum?  I have no problem with skepticism, but if you are to continue to ridicule spirituality, you might go find a hard science board or something.  Or are you here to "teach us all a lesson..."?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: *Ahem* [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1732652 - 07/20/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
]how do I know? because you think in logic and logic is pretictable. the universe we live in is neither predictable or logical. you have much to learn...

Actually, we can predict that the universe is unpredictable, therefore making it predictable (its always unpredictable. therefore, I predict that the universe is predictable). Who are you to decide whether or not Swami has much to learn?

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
ambition is for the unenlightened. "he who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know."

Actually, as enlightened individuals, we "go with the flow", but as enlightened individuals, we can also decide to alter the flow. If everyone in your group is wearing clothes, you can "go with the flow", and you can also equally well take your clothes off. If you consider yourself enlightened, then why are you arguing with other people's views, as if they are correct? Everyone's view is valid...

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
hey swami, let me ask YOU a question: Why would a determinist monitor and post on a sprirituality forum? I have no problem with skepticism, but if you are to continue to ridicule spirituality, you might go find a hard science board or something. Or are you here to "teach us all a lesson..."?

Hhhmmm...... this is Spirituality AND Philosophy. As yin is not without yang, left side thinking is not without right side thinking. If we were only allowed one view here, than what is to debate? And what lesson are you here to teach, might I ask?

Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: *Ahem* [Re: Swami]
    #1732665 - 07/20/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what is the swami challenge?

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: *Ahem* [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1732687 - 07/20/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"And what lesson are you here to teach, might I ask? "

I never claimed to be a teacher. some lessons cannot be taught, they must be learned by the individual.

I just don't like seeing someone ridiculed because they poured their hearts out about spiritual experiences.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#1732696 - 07/20/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh yeah, sorry about being pretentious and stuff I just don't like determinism. To me, dertiminism is nothing more than a religion based upon the unfounded faith that mankind will eventually discover a completely logical description of the universe.

Anonymous

#1732721 - 07/20/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

DoctorJ, it's arite man, I didn't really take it as being ridiculed. Besides, in the big scheme of things, who the hell is Swami anyway? Another non-believer. Has Swami been the one having these visions? No. Do I really care what Swami thinks? No. Am I going to stop having them because Swami doesn't think it's real? No.

Swami - What/where are these tests. And if they involve guessing which card is going to come up in a deck of 52, then stop wasting my time. thx

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#1732730 - 07/20/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Write down and record your experiences (like i just did a few minutes ago) and keep it on record. Whether or not you must "prove" anything to anyone, it is entirely unarguable if infact you have experienced it, as you know it is true for yourself. I like to keep documents and sometimes years later they gain relevance in my life.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: *Ahem* [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1732963 - 07/20/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not saying these things didn't happen, either, I believe that they did because he was on here, saying they did. I just don't like someone being jumped on for saying what THEY believe. I didn't take it as him being ridiculed, either. You were basically denying his rights to be here.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1733063 - 07/20/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

To me, dertiminism is nothing more than a religion based upon the unfounded faith that mankind will eventually discover a completely logical description of the universe.

One funny thing about determinism is that it allows you to see the future, while lack of determinism makes this impossible :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder