Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

another lucid moment
    #1730342 - 07/19/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I had a really intense lucid moment last night. I was looking into this big ice cream freezer (like the kind at the supermarket)
and there were all these Ben & Jerry looking containers inside.
Then I opened the door and took a closer look and they were actually the bigger quarts of ice cream not the pints. I was like 'WTF? I could have sworn those were pints...'

That's when I became lucid.. I was like 'damn, I am not in normal reality right now.' It's weird because I can't actually realize I am dreaming, but I just know I am not in the 'normal world'.

So there is this black milk-crate at my feet. It is all cluttered with something inside of it that I don't remember... I kneel down and focus all my awareness onto it, and then I grasp onto the crate.
It does this really weird trippy morphing effect as soon as I touch it, like I pushed a putton or something. Very strange.

I wanted to turn around and explore more of this lucid world, but something was stopping me. I couldn't rotate myself freely.

However I'm finding that there is no longer this overpowering sense of urgency and panic in my lucid dreams. I feel very relaxed and curious.

I fell back out of lucidity shortly after and then went on to have a pretty intense dream that really hit chords deep within me. Actually so personal, that I don't really want to share right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: another lucid moment [Re: Grav]
    #1730623 - 07/19/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

However I'm finding that there is no longer this overpowering sense of urgency and panic in my lucid dreams. I feel very relaced and curious.

Ive been attempting lucid dreams for a while and i can't seem to get over this too. I've had a couple of dreams where i was sorta calm, but, then again, I was'nt THAT lucid during them anyway.

It seems that with an increase in lucidity comes with it this feeling of urgency and panic that's hard to shake. I have no idea how to get rid of this fear of the unknown or that something 'scary' or 'intense' is going to happen.

I will continue trying in the hope that with time, i will get use to it [which seems to be helping a little]. But if you EVER find a trick to get over this, PM me, or post it.

Post also if every dream you get from here on seem to be serene.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: another lucid moment [Re: David_Scape]
    #1730690 - 07/19/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well, its always made alot of sense to me that dreams reflect your waking life in some strange, surreal, symbolic way. Or even moreso they reflect your subconscious where lots of important things hide.

Lately I've had a real sense of letting things go how they will... Not assuming the negatives.  Maybe accepting that we are mentally in negative places, but the only paths out are through a sense of positivity.

Before this period I had frequent dreams and lucidity in strange, dark, creepy environments.  I think that was me giving too much power to my dark side.  Either that or I was battling with it.

And as I've been very expressive about so far, I've ended herb use, and my mind has cleared up immensely. I'm sure that has a great deal to do with an ease in the dream world.

I would say if you have any hints on what to change, than change it, and your dreams may follow suit.

Then again maybe it is all some random cycle that is totally out of my control...  :smile:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: another lucid moment [Re: Grav]
    #1731309 - 07/19/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sweet man it sounds like you're progressing quite nicely  :cool:

Dreams reflect reality and vica versa. Just keep that in mind.

Keep on keeping on!  :laugh: 

--------------------

Offlinefredthetree
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: another lucid moment [Re: Shroomism]
    #1731992 - 07/20/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For months, I've been trying (somewhat on and off I guess) to hit the lucid dreaming state, with not-so-great-results..

Sometimes, it feels as if my body wakes up, but my mind stays dreaming. At the same time I know I'm just lying in my bed, and then the dream feels fake. I can influence the direction of the dream, to some extent, but it just feels 'forced'.

Is this lucid dreaming (or maybe some 'form' of it)? Or is it just kind of, controlled visualization/daydreaming? (is there a difference??)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: another lucid moment [Re: fredthetree]
    #1732025 - 07/20/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure, but I usually fall asleep the easiest and into a vivid dream when I start just consciously visualizing/daydreaming things. I think it might prepare your brain better. That's just a guess though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals