Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street
    #17299913 - 11/28/12 08:34 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.newswest9.com/story/20210067/pa-boys-7-and-10-took-lsd-they-found-on-street

Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street

EASTON, Pa. (AP) - A prosecutor says two Pennsylvania brothers who were rushed to a hospital in September inadvertently took liquid LSD from a bottle of breath mint drops they found on the ground near their home.

Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli said Wednesday that investigators determined the boys ingested the hallucinogenic drug.

Morganelli says the boys, ages 7 and 10, were foaming at the mouth and hallucinating after arriving at Bangor Elementary School on Sept. 24. They were hospitalized and released the following day.

Morganelli says investigators couldn't get fingerprints from the bottle to trace it.

He says the boys' mother and her live-in boyfriend tested negative for drugs and there were no issues inside the home.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121128/NEWS90/121129821/-1/NEWS

The two Bangor Area elementary schoolchildren sickened by an unknown drug in September inadvertently took the illegal hallucinogen LSD, disguised as breath drops they found on their front steps, District Attorney John Morganelli announced today.

Although investigators have learned known drug users lived below the 7-year-old and 10-year-old brothers, Morganelli said police cannot determine how the bottle wound up in front of the home in the 500 block of Market Street in Bangor.

No charges will be filed as a result, Morganelli said.

"Although it is quite unfortunate that these young children were exposed to LSD, luckily it appears that there will be no long term effects," he said. Neither boy has any memory of the incident other than recalling going to the hospital, he said.

The boys' mother told police her sons were late for school Sept. 24 and one had not brushed his teeth. The other boy then pulled out a small breath freshener container and gave him two drops and took one drop himself. The mother then drove the boys to the bus stop, where they boarded their bus without incident, police said.

On the bus, however, one of the boys became sick and began to vomit. By the time they were taken to the nurse's office when they arrived, both boys were foaming at the mouth, hallucinating and staring into space, Morganelli said. They were taken to Pocono Medical Center and later transferred to Lehigh Valley Hospital, where they were released the next day.

Once recovered, the boys told police they found the bottle on the front steps outside their home and took it inside. Pennsylvania State Police tests determined it contained liquid LSD. The bottle, however, was too contaminated for police to gather any useful information from it, Morganelli said.

Investigators tested the boys' mother and her live-in paramour for five weeks, and the Division of Children, Youth and Family Services conducted visits to the home. Both adults passed all tests, and the children were never found to be at risk in the home, Morganelli said.

Morganelli said the boys' downstairs neighbors at the time had a history with drugs, but no evidence existed that linked them to the bottle. Both neighbors have since moved out of the house, with one in rehab and the other out of the area. He declined to name the neighbors.

"It's probably not going to be determined at this point. No one is going to volunteer that it was theirs," Morganelli said.

Attempts to contact the boys' mother were not successful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIcepic
Enlightenment seeking

Loc: Wild west
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: dwpineal]
    #17299945 - 11/28/12 08:39 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

How come I cant find random shit like that laying around in my area?

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
    #17299949 - 11/28/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

OfflineSmokey-hitz
Geocacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the thumb Flag
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Invisible_Woe]
    #17300082 - 11/28/12 08:53 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I found an eighth of weed at cedar point one year. I walked into one of the bathrooms and i saw the baggie just sitting there on the floor calling my name. Musta fell outa someones pocket

--------------------

Invisiblejboredone
Money-The root of all evil....
 User Gallery

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Smokey-hitz] * 2
    #17300194 - 11/28/12 09:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Parents these days.....Need to teach there fucking kids not to eat shit they find on the ground somewhere......:justdontknow:

--------------------
Peace Pot Micro-Dot God Loves You High or Not!!!
In order to grow old and wise, you must once have been young and dumb!

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Smokey-hitz]
    #17300203 - 11/28/12 09:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

for some reason i feel like it was 25i since they were foaming out of the mouth or some shady dealer put a drop or two in a vial of 25i to make it positive for LSD since i never heard of anybody foaming out of the mouth from lsd until 25i came around

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: jboredone]
    #17300211 - 11/28/12 09:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Story makes no sense, why would the kids only take a drop or two? They didn't know LSD was in the container, or did they?

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Sheekle]
    #17300213 - 11/28/12 09:17 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well lookie here

polie suggest it cold be smiles AKA 25i

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Brothers-Sickened-Possibly-From-Smiles-Drug-Cops-171379961.html

i bet that's what it was

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
    #17300291 - 11/28/12 09:31 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have to call BS on the LSD claim... Unless it was skinners dirty ass "acid" that could have been anything than it has to be a 25x-nbome.... If LSD did this I am sure the lil' girl obviously tripping BALLS with her UFO pupils in the GD movie would have been experiencing the same symptoms as well as many other 60's-70's babies.

Invisiblelivenotonevil
    #17300403 - 11/28/12 09:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
for some reason i feel like it was 25i since they were foaming out of the mouth or some shady dealer put a drop or two in a vial of 25i to make it positive for LSD since i never heard of anybody foaming out of the mouth from lsd until 25i came around

Or the sheriffs office' testing program consists of a K9 unit. Yup he barked it's acid.

--------------------
It is without question that the war on drugs is a failure. It has failed to prevent drug abuse. It has failed to keep drugs out of the hands of addicts. It has failed to stop drug overdoses. It has failed to keep drugs away from teenagers. It has failed to stop the violence associated with drug trafficking. It has failed to help drug addicts get treatment. It has failed to prevent the cultivation of marijuana and the making of illicit drugs. It has failed to halt the flow of illegal drugs into the United States.

Offlinegnarfbuckle
Above The Ignorance
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: livenotonevil]
    #17300482 - 11/28/12 10:11 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

it says they took the drops before gettin on the bus and by the time they got to school one of them had already got sick? Definately not LSD

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Smokey-hitz]
    #17300632 - 11/28/12 10:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Smokey-hitz said:
I found an eighth of weed at cedar point one year. I walked into one of the bathrooms and i saw the baggie just sitting there on the floor calling my name. Musta fell outa someones pocket

i found some opened baggies with coke still in them in a toilet at a court house and what looked like diarrhea.

and this shit sucks but at least the kids are ok def does not sound like lsd though

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: livenotonevil]
    #17300707 - 11/28/12 11:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

livenotonevil said:
Quote:

Sheekle said:

Or the sheriffs office' testing program consists of a K9 unit. Yup he barked it's acid.

hahahaha

its definately 25i adulterated with lsd.

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Offline2bakednate
Connecting & Growing
Male User Gallery

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: sailing]
    #17300922 - 11/28/12 11:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I remember when i was 7 me and my friend found some ecstasy with a palm imprint on them out side a fun-works in a little baggy, so we took it home, and because of tv we recognized it as something bad so we flushed it. lol

--------------------
"The reason is for us all"

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: 2bakednate]
    #17301406 - 11/29/12 04:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The September 26th articles says they (the cops) thought it was 25i, but this November 28th article (so about 2 months to have the stuff tested sounds right) says it is confirmed LSD. I'd bet the foaming at the mouth part is the poor journalism, not the testing of the substance...I've never heard of anyone adulterating LSD with 25i, but I guess that makes some sense if someone wanted to be sketchy. But since they originally thought it was 25i, it seems like they would've tested the liquid for that initially. I'd imagine it was GCMS tested and that should've been able to tell if it was a mixture of LSD/25i, right?

Invisiblekoraks
    #17301435 - 11/29/12 05:25 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
Investigators tested the boys' mother and her live-in paramour for five weeks, and the Division of Children, Youth and Family Services conducted visits to the home. Both adults passed all tests, and the children were never found to be at risk in the home, Morganelli said.

This is the worst bit of the story. These people were harassed for FIVE WEEKS because their kids experienced a mishap which in itself undoubtedly has upset the parents already. There wasn't any reason to assume the parents contributed to the incident, so why were the home and privacy of these people invaded for over a month?

Invisiblesailing
China Cat Sunflower
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: koraks]
    #17301467 - 11/29/12 05:48 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
I've never heard of anyone adulterating LSD with 25i, but I guess that makes some sense if someone wanted to be sketchy.

you've really never heard of that? I have 2 vials right now that are at least 75% nbome, just enough lsd to fool your standard Ehrlich test. Im not sure how a gcms test would react to the combination though.
The foaming and throwing up could have been dehydration, I doubt kids do a very good job of staying hydrated as it is, let alone being hydrated after taking something as dehydrating as lsd. My bet is still that it was adultered with 25i. I'll have to read more into how reagent tests react to adultered lsd/25i.

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

dwpineal said:

This is the worst bit of the story. These people were harassed for FIVE WEEKS because their kids experienced a mishap which in itself undoubtedly has upset the parents already. There wasn't any reason to assume the parents contributed to the incident, so why were the home and privacy of these people invaded for over a month?

I think if I were the parents and had nothing to hide, id be ok with the investigation as long as it didn't have any cost on me. I'd be more pissed that they didn't further investigate the former neighbors.

--------------------
Love is the deep spiritual connection between the self and all things. We are all a part of the same universe.

Crazy cat peekin through a lace bandanna,like a one eyed cheshire, like a diamond eyed jack.

:awecid2:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: Icepic]
    #17301482 - 11/29/12 05:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icepic said:
How come I cant find random shit like that laying around in my area?

So you'd consume an unknown substance you found lying around?

Good for you. I'm sure that will work out well.

:laugh2:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: sailing]
    #17301515 - 11/29/12 06:16 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sailing said:
Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

dwpineal said:

I think if I were the parents and had nothing to hide, id be ok with the investigation as long as it didn't have any cost on me.

Yes, ok. So imagine this. You are the father. You have nothing to do with your kids being accidentally drugged. The vial was never yours and the kids really did find it in the street. Then the cops come and drug test you and you test positive for marijuana (which you smoke once in a while) and mdma (which you happened to do once this weekend when you partied with your wife for the first time in eons, with it being so hard to find a place for the kids to stay for a weekend). So the cops go "well sir, one and one makes two, you obviously aren't capable of taking care of the kids, we're taking them away from you." You still won't mind? You really don't see how this is a retarded, invasive and unethical practice?

Offlinefoshow
donkeycatcher

Re: Pa. boys, 7 and 10, took LSD they found on street [Re: koraks]
    #17301593 - 11/29/12 06:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I work like half an hour away from this area I can't believe people do drugs out there. How where the parents not arrested Im feeling surprised They didnt catch drug charges you know in this country especially since these kids found it off the street. not like in a school.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom