Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Anno]
    #1710747 - 07/13/03 02:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ATWAR said:
Your posts about brown rice being lower in tryptamines was evidence enough (for me) that it would be a better substrate for the production of psilocin and psilocybin.

LMAO you're beyond hope. Heterotrophs are what they eat. Karma though, keep growing on your BFR.

Alios.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Starter]
    #1710785 - 07/13/03 02:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually that was an error. It was supposed to be millet would be a better substrate for the production of psilocin and psilocybin (by it I mean millet). But then you jump in here with a personal attack, and an assumption that I grow on BRF.

Thanks for pointing out my typo though.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1710810 - 07/13/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ATWAR said:
Actually that was an error. It was supposed to be millet would be a better substrate for the production of psilocin and psilocybin (by it I mean millet).

6 pages of bloat and now we agree. :smile: 

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Starter]
    #1710845 - 07/13/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think you need to go back and read my posts. Please come back and quote me on where I said that BRF was better, or disagreed with you that millet is better. I entered once the bluing topic was brought in the mix. As a matter of fact, I believe I stated in my first post that I did not want to get involved in that debate. My only intentions were to state my theory that bluing is not an accurate indicator of potency.

6 pages of bloat? There are some very good points made in this thread. It is my personal opinion that you are paying more attention to discrediting people than the actual discussion at hand. In the end, no matter if your right about anything, when you make rude comments towards others, you just end up looking like the ass of the party.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
    #1710848 - 07/13/03 03:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It was lengthy, but a good read

-XiC

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1710889 - 07/13/03 04:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It was lengthy, but a good read

i tend to disagree..
all this fuss, and nothing was accomplished....
nothin but speculation.... noone knows the real facts, only possibilities....
funny thing is, the argument was takin place over what is probably a miniscule diffrence in potency.... nothing anyone would ever notice....
Sheesh.....
what a let down....
here i was expecting somesort of climatic ending where the good guy gets tricked into chasing the rogue agent into a warehouse, only to find out that he was living a LIE the WHOLE TIME, he really WASNT a secret agent working for the CIA, he was actually a monkey dressed up like ronald reagan!

now that would have been an good read....

anyways, the only good thing to come out of this thread is i got to see alot of audrey tatou....
amalie is one of my fav movies, children of the lost city was great too.. i havnt seen delicatessin yet, but i heard its just as good....

so if theres one thing we can all agree on.... its that movies by Jean-Pierre Jeunet are good....

[hyp]

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1710891 - 07/13/03 04:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

A good read, indeed. lengthy? no.

unfortunately the sample size was far too small to prove much of anything in that article - it could be compared (albeit badly) to me bringing you one family of short redheads, one of tall blondes and a third of medium height brunettes, then deciding that height and hair colour were related.

still interesting, though. i assume that research in this area is quite limited. is there anything anywhere on how 'potency' is defined, in terms of absolute/relative/cumulative alkaloid contents, between and within species? is there an animal model to test it on, a physiological system to measure PK/PD relationships?

all here seem to agree that bluing probably indicates psilocyn, and that brf contains fewer tryptophan precursors. all here who have done both also never switched back to brf after trying millet. i'm also sure that most people give their mycelium more nutrients to eat than just the millet, before fruiting. so we're all on the same side, trying to dissect the conclusions from limited evidence. even us city slickin' poms know that!

As Plato said, the only thing of which i am sure is that i know nothing.

sk :kiss:       

--------------------
buh

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1710903 - 07/13/03 04:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

unfortunately the sample size was far too small to prove much of anything in that article - it could be compared (albeit badly) to me bringing you one family of short redheads, one of tall blondes and a third of medium height brunettes, then deciding that height and hair colour were related.

You bring up a good point. To quote the article again:

Quote:

"Mycelium obtained from the spore print was kept as a stock culture on various agars."

This would lead me to believe that they were working with an isolate. Would this not produce fruits that have less varying genetics, which would lead to more uniform fruits? I can see the variation between groups of mushrooms in a muti-spore inoculation could very well have different levels of tryptamines and be closer to your analogy.

I think the link Anno posted was well worth the read... But look at it like this: How would one put a measure on the level of blue. You can?t simply say "this one blued a level 7 on the potency level" even if it were a direct indicator. What I would like to know is if any studies have been performed on the actual mechanism of the bluing reaction. All I have seen is that psilocin is thought to be involved.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offline284_27
Indocybin

#1710947 - 07/13/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It has long been held that the blueing reaction is due to an indole oxidation , however psilocybin is not the only indole and in fact not all indoles are even active. That would imply that the blueing reaction would have no validity as to the strength even if you could quantify the amount of blueing on a scale . As I recall Wassons did not ask the curandero " how blue did these get ?" NOW back to the original question , is brf a waste of time . Answer -- NO , how can it be a waste of time if it gives a product that has the properties that one wishes and it gives a person information .

--------------------
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Fly high and I will meet you there .
- Timothy Leary

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: 284_27]
    #1711126 - 07/13/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone made their points and none can find a comfortable median or is still open to other opinions. Is this over now or is the cage match next?

Too much testosterone in here.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1728696 - 07/18/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not true technically of Bigwood, but quite true of Stivje and Demeijer as you will see when you read it. So therefore it is 'simply' half true - so does that make it wrong or right?? :smile:
At the end of the day ive found that with other mushrooms the bluing reaction is not useful in guaging potency - mexicana and semilanceata rarely stain blue much at all. Ive found that different woodlovers have a different colouration of their bluing, but still it isnt a good guage there.
With cubensis i believe that when i have bioassayed cubies that have stained dark blue, they have been more potent everytime. ANd please dont give me that 'set and setting' or the 'mind playing tricks on you' responses because for me they are redudant.
If you don believe me I dont really care, but my just trying to provide my own experiences - most of which Anno will argue with. 

--------------------

OfflinePeregrin_Took
Fool of A Took

Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1729455 - 07/19/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So ummmmm....yeah....Ill just go ahead and start with BRF.
Thanks everyone

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Peregrin_Took]
    #1729577 - 07/19/03 04:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

whahahah I think you guys scared him

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1729747 - 07/19/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Too much testosterone in here. "

you raise mine

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1734206 - 07/21/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

millet is better...

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: BRF(brown rice flour), A Waste of Time? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1734241 - 07/21/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lol

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3523899 - 12/20/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If a shroom has blue because the psilocin oxidized, then wouldn't there be less psilocin in the shroom if it had oxidized out?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom