Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution
    #17294970 - 11/28/12 01:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: skatealex2]
    #17294982 - 11/28/12 01:21 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

A lil.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

Loc: Flag
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: koods] * 2
    #17294995 - 11/28/12 01:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

this is why no one cares about petitions

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: venetianblinds]
    #17295004 - 11/28/12 01:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Very few people signed this though    Some other petitions get 10's of thousands of signatures

Offlinegary gnu
Stranger

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: skatealex2]
    #17295006 - 11/28/12 01:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

WTF? If that crazy motherfucker gets to sign it, I wanna sign it too.
I'd sooner like to see Charlie Manson sign it. Talk about goin' down a fucking rabbit hole.
What was that guys name in Back to the Future? Biff Tanner? The one who changed history and created an alternate timeline that totally sucked ass. Sometimes that's what I feel we're living in. Stories like this just reconfirm it.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: gary gnu] * 1
    #17295052 - 11/28/12 01:46 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I wish people would stop idolizng the founding fathers. They wrote a constitution that had some practical insights, but was also full of some seriously flawed ideas. Black people are worth 3/5 of a white person. Not exactly enlightened.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinegary gnu
Stranger

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: koods]
    #17295122 - 11/28/12 02:09 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I wish people would stop idolizng the founding fathers. They wrote a constitution that had some practical insights, but was also full of some seriously flawed ideas. Black people are worth 3/5 of a white person. Not exactly enlightened.

That 3/5 thing wasn't part of the original draft, it came in later. A good part of the founding fathers wanted to do away with slavery outright but knew it wasn't politicaly or economicly feasible so the best they could do was write in language about equality with the hope that it would eventually ring true. And it eventually did.
Don't doubt The Founders, they were badass, at least compared to anything that passes for a polititian today.

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
    #17295136 - 11/28/12 02:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I like Ron Paul, but I wouldn't find it appropriate to have him sign the Constitution.

Still, it would never happen, and signing the petition to let him do so would be a funny joke.  :smilingpuppy:

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: gary gnu]
    #17295139 - 11/28/12 02:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gary gnu said:
Quote:

koods said:

That 3/5 thing wasn't part of the original draft, it came in later. A good part of the founding fathers wanted to do away with slavery outright but knew it wasn't politicaly or economicly feasible so the best they could do was write in language about equality with the hope that it would eventually ring true. And it eventually did.
Don't doubt The Founders, they were badass, at least compared to anything that passes for a polititian today.

women voting was out of the question though

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: venetianblinds]
    #17295158 - 11/28/12 02:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is pants on head retarded, just like Ron Paul.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #17295285 - 11/28/12 03:23 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:

You can't say that about RP, he wants to legalize pot and that's why we ignore that he is an old school racist who would let people die if they couldn't afford medical care. :facepalm3:

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: koods]
    #17295289 - 11/28/12 03:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

*petition signed The Shroomery*

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #17296330 - 11/28/12 10:58 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Right. Your laughing at them for not having 21st century values.

Good for you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: luvdemshrooms] * 1
    #17296404 - 11/28/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This is as relevant as when Stephen Colbert ran for President of South Carolina. With much less humor. :thumbdown:

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: kr0nik0]
    #17296426 - 11/28/12 11:24 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Offlineganjfather
uncle randy
Male User Gallery

#17296442 - 11/28/12 11:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I wish people would stop idolizng Ron Paul

worthless politician

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: ganjfather] * 1
    #17297142 - 11/28/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ganjfather said:
Quote:

koods said:
I wish people would stop idolizng Ron Paul

worthless politician

He'll always be idolized by ignorant people that are voting for him solely for his views on marijuana legalization.

Either way, all candidates are puppets, RP just happens to be an old, racist puppet.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#17299377 - 11/28/12 07:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Apollyphelion said:

You can't say that about RP, he wants to legalize pot and that's why we ignore that he is an old school racist who would let people die if they couldn't afford medical care. :facepalm3:

I don't think Ron Paul is racist but I agree about his health care plans - thinking doctors will help people without  health care out of kindness is kind of ignorant.  People need to make money, most doctors aren't gonna help people if there's no health care.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #17299391 - 11/28/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

can we instead sign a petition that says fuck the U.S. constitution?

lets make a new one. you know, one that can deal with the problems of today.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: SlashOZ]
    #17299403 - 11/28/12 07:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The problem is if they make a new one the people in charge will sign away our rights.  :shrug:

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere in particular. Flag
    #17299502 - 11/28/12 07:37 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
The problem is if they make a new one the people in charge will sign away our rights.  :shrug:

What rights would they sign away?

--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#17299529 - 11/28/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:

really? i guess we better let the people that are currently in charge now, the same people you talk of, continue on with business as usual because its working out so well.

:rolleyes:

--------------------
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: Dr.Tooty]
    #17299530 - 11/28/12 07:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TootyBooty said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

Judging from bills signed into law by Bush and Obama they would take away our right to privacy as the patriot act does and the right to a fair trial which the National Defense authorization act takes away.    Also states rights as is evident with medical marijuana

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

#17299539 - 11/28/12 07:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Quote:

TootyBooty said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

Judging from bills signed into law by Bush and Obama they would take away our right to privacy as the patriot act does and the right to a fair trial which the National Defense authorization act takes away.    Also states rights as is evident with medical marijuana

If we were doing something as extreme as completely trashing the constitution and writing a new one I highly doubt something like The Patriot act would make its way there.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: SlashOZ]
    #17299542 - 11/28/12 07:42 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

really? i guess we better let the people that are currently in charge now, the same people you talk of, continue on with business as usual because its working out so well.

At least the constitution is still there so they can be fought off.  We still have a right to defend free speech, private property, bear arms, habeas corpus, etc...

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#17299554 - 11/28/12 07:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

At least the constitution is still there so they can be fought off.  We still have a right to defend free speech, private property, bear arms, habeas corpus, etc...

oh yeah because we'd just get rid of those if we made a new constitution?

--------------------

OfflineDr.Tooty
Eye see you.
 User Gallery

#17299569 - 11/28/12 07:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

lol, :facepalm:this thread. Boo the man! because!

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Petition to allow Ron Paul to add his signature to the original constitution [Re: Dr.Tooty]
    #17299589 - 11/28/12 07:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

oh yeah because we'd just get rid of those if we made a new constitution?

Politicians that support the drug war, patriot act and national defense authorization act making a new constitution?  :uhoh:

Edited by skatealex2 (11/28/12 07:51 PM)

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#17299670 - 11/28/12 08:00 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:

Politicians that support the drug war, patriot act and national defense authorization act making a new constitution?  :uhoh:

you mean the same things our current constitution allows. i think we can do better.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#17299810 - 11/28/12 08:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The thing is the people making the constitution would be the same people that support those policies

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#17299833 - 11/28/12 08:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
The thing is the people making the constitution would be the same people that support those policies

would they be? i think a new constitution would entail a lot more than just letting the current congress write one. i'm thinking armed revolution or something like that. the idea of a new constitution is not to allow the old guard to continue to get their way, as they do now. otherwise, what would be the point? if you honestly think i'm advocating the current leadership of this country write a new constitution you, sir, are completely missing my point.

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#17299858 - 11/28/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

would they be? i think a new constitution would entail a lot more than just letting the current congress write one. i'm thinking armed revolution or something like that. the idea of a new constitution is not to allow the old guard to continue to get their way, as they do now. otherwise, what would be the point? if you honestly think i'm advocating the current leadership of this country write a new constitution you, sir, are completely missing my point.

I'm just saying I'm not sure how it would be pulled off but if they could do it the right way it could be legit.  Maybe with constitutional experts and people concerned for freedom it would work.

Edited by skatealex2 (11/28/12 08:29 PM)

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#17299894 - 11/28/12 08:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:

I'm just saying I'm not sure how it would be pulled off but if they could do it the right way it could be legit.  Maybe with constitutional experts and people concerned for freedom it would work.

we elect experts. experts get us the fucked up legislation we have now. lets get some real people to write the next constitution. experts gave us black people = 3/5ths of a person. experts gave us women can't vote. no, lets forget the experts this time around.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale