Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineredstar420pmb
Stranger
Loc: houston
First time taking acid...
    #1728887 - 07/18/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

finally a friend of mine in got a hold of some acid and is bringing it back home from chicago, any suggestions for a first time tripper? ive eaten shrooms before and i loved it. i got the music picked out (plenty of pink floyd) and i got fear and loathing in las vegas and im taking a lot of vitamins to get my body ready. any other good movies to watch while tripping? any other ways i can get my mind/body ready for this intense experience?

thanks for the help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: redstar420pmb]
    #1728892 - 07/18/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've done shrooms and salvia and kinda want to try acid, cant wait for your trip report :smile:

Offlineredstar420pmb
Stranger
Loc: houston
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Turd]
    #1728910 - 07/18/03 09:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yah it wont be for 2 or 3 days i have to wait until he gets back from chicago, but i cant wait. ive been looking for acid in my area for a few years now and havent found a drop.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Turd]
    #1728918 - 07/18/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You should watch the Animatrix but wait till your peaking and play it from beginning to end. Sounds like it would be an intense experience.  :cool:
I've only watched it on HBWR (LSA) so I think it would be a good movie to watch while peaking on acid.

Edited by theshiftingwalls (07/18/03 09:38 PM)

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1729005 - 07/18/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I firmly believe that watching TV on your first trip is a waste of time. Please don't take offense. Try to set it up so that you peak at sunset. Go to the toy store and buy some bubbles to blow, a few Neon rubber balls, and if you smoke get some extra packs. If you don't smoke get some cloves or something. Another option is to get several sticks of incense. Pack a lighter. DON'T set the house or woods on fire. Turn out the lights and a fistfull of cigarettes will do magical things. If you can get some chemlites, get them. Tie a string to the end of them. Don't bust em open til dark. Get your portable CD player and all your music organized ahead of time. The music is going to really come alive. Have a wide and varied selection of music if you can. That way you can change the mood with the flip of a switch. Get a good backpack to put all this crap in. Put a bottle of water in there to drink later. Even better, get some really tart Gatorade, like pink or blue. You don't have to, but get a friend who isn't tripping to be available or there so if things go differently than you had hoped they can remind you that it is just the drugs. Most likely you won't need them, but it won't hurt. Don't pick someone who thinks you want to be fucked with. You will have to reciprocate at some point and babysit them sober or on a very low dose. If you are a cat person make some rolled up balls of tin foil so you can play with your cat. DON'T DRIVE!! For crying out loud!! This is why initial setting is important and the value of patience manifests itself. It's best to be in a self contained environment. If you can swing it build a campfire (while still sober) because it makes a great gathering place for you and your friends.

Most importantly, don't get impatient and just down them. Take it easy and try to remember to get your set and setting correct. Try to find a place where no authority figures will hassle you at any moment. It is awkward if you are confronted and it is a bad place to be in when you are just starting out.

God, I wish I A.) had some and B.) could be doing it again for the first time. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

OfflinePsilo707
Entheonaut

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1729102 - 07/18/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yah it wont be for 2 or 3 days i have to wait until he gets back from chicago, but i cant wait. ive been looking for acid in my area for a few years now and havent found a drop.

Yeah I hear that. Been looking for cid for basically 3-4 years now. Cant find it... can find anything else with little work... but shit... I'd pay a LOT for a couple hits of acid.

Better have fun and savior the experience!

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Psilo707]
    #1729812 - 07/19/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Acid is simply amazing.  :smile:  I'd start dosing it again if it ever became legal and was properly manufactured.  If your acid came from a halfway-decent chemist, you'll have a great time.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineJesus_v2
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Boppity604]
    #1743379 - 07/24/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yah my only qualm with doing acid is that im afraid of the purity, I have never ever done a chemical, and i really want to try Acid for the experience, but I am afraid to buy acid on the street! :frown:

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1743442 - 07/24/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You don't really have to worry about it. If you buy blotter paper or sugar cubes or something,it's either going to be LSD or nothing.LSD is about the only chemical that's potent enough to be applied to paper and still get effects.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1744286 - 07/24/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Rightly so!

<>

Um....your wrong. Sugar cubes can and do hold a variety of research chemicals which can be very unsafe with MAOI's, or in incorrect dosages (ie...say you take more than one cube..) Just look at the sweettarts thread in Otherdrugs.
I believe i have received DOB on paper aswell... (stp?) and yes, this was just last newyears..

It is something to be worried about, i certainly hate trying acid off the street because everytime ive had it (cept once) it was crap...Acid..but very very very unclean. The impurities CAN hurt you and do cause extreme physical unease (and go knows what else), especially in larger dose's.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePremo84323
Stranger
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: PDU]
    #1744310 - 07/24/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My first time with acid was amazing..it was my 16th birthday..last day of school..begginning of summer!...i ate 2.5 hits of dark purple gels...these soaked on my tounge and tasted accutally kinda sweet..but i knew the acid has no taste....within 45 min i was feeling very faint and tired like i was going to pass out..there around 45-50 people at this house!...my first psycadelic expirience..so i was in for the totall insane housse party...we ended up taking furniture outside and sitting around on couches during the sunset..i remember at sunset my whole Field of vision was changed...everything was flattned like it was squashed..there was a orangeish brownish red tint to everything..(hence the bloody sunset)..i was totally in mad delisions..i thought i would never be normal..but dont worry all those are normal things for first timers...just be aware that you are going to be hyper sensitive to EVERYTHING!!!..and even those imaginary things!!..your world will be a blend of melting trees,,dancinng stars,,green night skies..etc,,,havving a strobe like outside is the perfect thing...everyone was tripping and doing crazy dances around this strobe..we all were having an amazing time..felt like the night was a year long or a lifetime...I remember lieing at night once things calmed down and seeing shooting stars ...talkin about ufos etc..it was fantastic ...i reccomend anyone whos doing acid to take the strong stuff....dont take paper hits for your first time..you want the real kick in the ass....

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Premo84323]
    #1744392 - 07/24/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"dont take paper hits for your first time"

Pretty much anyone, especially the inexperienced dont have this option. The alternatives (crystal, gels, windowpane, quality microdots) just arnt available to most.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #1744425 - 07/24/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If at all possible, always dose liquid if you can...liquid was always the cleanest/strongest trip for me when I dosed. Blotter was always a bit more speedy for me...good for parties/dancing...but I always prefered buying vials over sheets.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflinePremo84323
Stranger
Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Boppity604]
    #1744763 - 07/24/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yea widely you will find blotter and sheets and liquid on some sugar cubes...but yea gels and dots are about impossible to find..ive only done liquid,gels,paper...i prefer the liquid but its very strong and shouldnt be "played" with hehe

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1744907 - 07/24/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say simply be aware of the concepts of 'set' and 'setting'. Are you going to be somewhere comfortable, not surrounded by a whole bunch of people? I think it's best with a small group of close similiarly enlightened friends, maybe just one, and going into it with a positive mindset. I think watching tv might soon lose it's appeal, and taking a walk might be vastly preferable; even just lying outside looking into the sky. Watchingtv or a video can be entertaining for a bit, but I don't think you'll find yourself wanting to watch anything for an extended period of time. Being in the woods is really great.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: First time taking acid... [Re: redstar420pmb]
    #1745568 - 07/24/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would suggest being outside, and not watching movies...at least till the trip is tapering down. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1746420 - 07/24/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:

Pretty much anyone, especially the inexperienced dont have this option. The alternatives (crystal, gels, windowpane, quality microdots) just arnt available to most.

That's a pretty uneducated thing to say. Do you know this to be true everywhere in the United States? Especially when you don't even live in this country? In Chicago, gels are 95% of the time the only thing available. Everyone here believes it holds the acid a lot better, and longer. Paper blotters aren't even an option most of the time, except when Phish comes to town. Geltabs are the only option here most of the time.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1746425 - 07/24/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Premo84323 said:
yea widely you will find blotter and sheets and liquid on some sugar cubes...but yea gels and dots are about impossible to find..ive only done liquid,gels,paper...i prefer the liquid but its very strong and shouldnt be "played" with hehe

Not here.

And I forgot to mention that liquid comes around too. But paper and dots don't usually ever.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1747878 - 07/25/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Snobrdr311 said:
Quote:

PDU said:

That's a pretty uneducated thing to say. Do you know this to be true everywhere in the United States? Especially when you don't even live in this country? In Chicago, gels are 95% of the time the only thing available. Everyone here believes it holds the acid a lot better, and longer. Paper blotters aren't even an option most of the time, except when Phish comes to town. Geltabs are the only option here most of the time.

Um, not uneducated at all, look at the acid threads documenting where it is and isnt available, it seems most people are very greatful to even be able to find acid, and paper is mainly whats available, weak microdots and bunk gels...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: First time taking acid... [Re: Psilo707]
    #1756600 - 07/28/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For the first trip id advise you to go in nature. whatever, wherever - just nature. A city is nature too. Just dont stay at home. Take somebody whos also tripping with you and go somwhere youve never been before.. It could be next backyard..

Quote:

Yeah I hear that. Been looking for cid for basically 3-4 years now. Cant find it...

i can send you one stuck behind the stamp on a letter

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale