Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: LOBO]
    #1723878 - 07/17/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"If you think that the basis of Christianity is to convert to ?Christ?.
Well my friend in my humble opinion you miss by a long shot what the skinny guy was trying to teach.
He was teaching about love and compassion, something very absent in the words and actions or Christians these days. "

I used to have very similar opinions. But to a Christian to understand that love, to understand our lives.. we must come to know Christ. I think about all of the things that Ive done in my life. All of the mistakes and lies. All of the hurts and bad thought and deeds and it's hard to strive to this goal of heaven.. I mean, Im flawed. I fucked up.. not once, but a whole bunch of times. So it's always been easy for me to say. I believe in something.. but christianity isnt it. Its been easy to be a proud person and not acknowledge that Im completely and utterly flawed. To maintain a semblance of control. But Christianity teaches us to look at our worst and our best.. it teaches me that even though I messed a whole bunch of stuff up in my life.. even when I cant love myself... God does. He sent his son to die on a cross for our sins.. a physical presentation of his love for us. Even if I fall short of what all the bible thumpers at my local congregation regurgitate from the bible without understanding.. it does not matter because as long as I accept God's love I am saved.. You cannot be a christian without accepting christ and the deeper meaning of the whole action, the whole sacrifice.

And you are completely right. Alot of people dont walk the walk.. but they do talk the talk.. and it is absolutely infuriating. I dislike being grouped together with those people.. I hate that they call themselves christians. But dont be fooled. They arent.. no matter how much easier it would make it on you for them to be christians, because then they give voice to every reason that you renounce them.

You ask how much humanity has changed in 2000 years... have you looked out your window lately? Humanity has changed a great deal.

And yes, true converts to christianity who believe in christ have contributed love to this world. So have the smallest to the greatest of any "name" or label.

I have my own opinions on GWB. I personally do not feel that he is a christian. He may be a product of the manufactured christianity that we see today, but I dont believe that he is a true christian. This is always a connundrum for me because Im not supposed to judge. But everything happens for a reason and I dont pretend to have it all figured out.

Lumping the actions of man with the will of God isnt going to get you any closer to understanding. Man persecutes in this life. God's judgement comes later. Trying to find God is definately not a crime and ethogens have helped me find God in ways that no bible or person has ever been able to do.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But it is always helpful if you actually make an attempt to understand what something really is.. not to judge it by someone else's example of it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: fivepointer]
    #1723890 - 07/17/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The Rastafarians often cite some passages that encourage drug use:

". . . thou shalt eat the herb of the field " (Genesis 3:18)

". . . eat every herb of the land " (Exodus 10:12)

"Better is a dinner of herb where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith" (Proverbs 15:17)

And most importantly:
Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass for the cattle, and herb for the service of man".

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Praise the Lord [Re: ]
    #1723897 - 07/17/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The bible says that you will know about God from nature and the world around you..

So yeah, if the kid chooses not to believe then they face the judgement of God.

This is always a really hard arguement for me. It's hard for me to believe that smiling happy buddhists arent getting into heaven because they dont believe in jesus. But when the tribulation comes I wonder what their feelings will be then.

A site that may be worth checking out for some. www.liberalslikechrist.com

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
I perceive your essence; and we're not dissimilar [Re: Anno]
    #1724070 - 07/17/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: No one is listening to me as usual [Re: Sclorch]
    #1724872 - 07/17/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Being is the Light that illuminates the flux of endless Becoming. Being precedes Becoming. Essence precedes Existence. I'm certain you will disagree :smile:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: No one is listening to me as usual [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1728716 - 07/18/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

One of our professors in Auckland has boiled over (again) and it was so good I wanted to throw it in this thread owing to the folks watching.
Bear in mind this gentleman is more aborigine than anything else and his reps had to convince him to let the school refer to him as a professor:

The beacon has been fired on the mountain top.

Soon it will catch..... mycelium like .... and spread to monastries of every tradition, and other beacons will be lit by the guardians of the sacred fire.

A global network, facilitated by the internet will be the nervous system of this emerging brotherhood. And not a moment too soon.

Bridges to be built, and beacons kept burning in vigil ..... Barefoot  Doctors to be trained ....... Clinics and beds to be made ready.

The great Paracelsus, that Prince of natural medicine said ..... The highest form of medicine is love ...... It  is at the monastries that we may see that sky blue cloak edged in white and gold. ...... Ancient, yet pristine, for it is woven by the heart.

In the times of the great darkness that lay across Europe in the dark ages, it was to the monastries, that the sacred fire was taken and tended for long years, the wick trimmed by service and devotion, and nutured with the sweet music of the soul.

The Pharmaceutical Junta, and their hangers on, are to be arraigned before the International Court of Justice at the Hague. They have a case to answer to the people of the world. The charge is Genocide !

Lay down your armour of cynicism for it is rusty and full of holes. No man may with importunity, deny the foundations of their very soul. Spirituality transcends sectarianism .... it is as Dr Rudolph Steiner said ..... The laboratory table must once again become an altar. When things are done in love, it is a spiritual act.

"We must stop experimenting on children, and the sick, and the elderly, the poor in Africa, and worst of all ..... those that the system has sentenced as insane. To try to class, or even view such abominations as normal  ..... is an insanity itself.

"All the remedies are on earth but we lack the men to gather them. They are ready to be harvested, but the reapers have not come. But one day the reapers of the right remedies shall come.

Blessed and thrice blessed is the physician who recognizes the Medicines in their living action, who knows how to obtain them and who knows that they are not dead. For there are many medicines in the world which are already dead".
Paracelsus.

Be prepared for the time that is dawning, maybe not in my life time or yours, but certainly in the lives of our children.

Ivor Hughes
www.herbdatanz.com

I get to work with this guy........
:cool: :rolleyes: :grin:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: World Spirit]
    #1728866 - 07/18/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Are you sure you're not referring to Frank Zappa's '200 Motels' ?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1728902 - 07/18/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

?

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1729605 - 07/19/03 04:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: No one is listening to me as usual [Re: World Spirit]
    #1729911 - 07/19/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guess what. God is a figment of your imagination.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No one is listening to me as usual [Re: ]
    #1730438 - 07/19/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: No one is listening to me as usual [Re: World Spirit]
    #1730970 - 07/19/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm here to help.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Praise the Lord [Re: Funguy]
    #1731166 - 07/19/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:
Jesus has to be more than "a good man." He is the Son of God. He fulfilled all of the prophecies of the Old Testament. Jesus was more than a spiritual leader. He himself said, "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life." John 3:14-15
How could Jesus be "enlightened," if what he said about himself is false? Jesus said he was the Son of God, if he lied about that, then his other sayings must be false as well. So if he lied about everything, then he died for a cause he knew was false.

I remember, earlier on in this drug on and on and on post, that someone was wondering why Christians were always attacked in this forum, why we do not accept what they say and dismiss it so easily.
As this is the Spirituality and Philosophy section of the damn Shroomery, people here are bound to be of an open-minded nature. We sit back, and we actually consider our beliefs, what is happening in the world around us. Hidden meanings are made more apparent to us, truths seem to be easier to find. A person in a basement is going to get quite a different view of the world from someone on a mountain.
Anyways, posts like this stick out like a sore thumb, and its no wonder why people get dogged for making them. Does this seem open-minded, to you, this post? Anyone? I mean, let's say that Jesus was here. Everything that suspossedly happened did, in fact, happen. Hell, we'll even forget the fact that most (probably all) of what he said was locked in metaphors, metaphors so simple that the meaning should be obvious to anyone taking them as they were.
A book was written about all of this, and we have it here, creating all this massive confusion. To believe in any of it, you have to assume that what happened is true, that someone did not construct the book (or at least massively change the book to use it to control people). You have to ASSUME. And that's quite the assumption to make. Myself, I'd rather find the meaning that is hidden away in the book, and find ways to use it in my life, rather than take it all at face value, "know" that it is the Way, and then tell everyone that they are missing out.
I don't know, but what I do know is that I don't preach to people, and tell people that they can know it is true because either: "I say it is true", "You know it is true", or "This person says that it is true." My favorite (threaten and scare people, and then control them...seems the media has picked up on this one), the world-renowned "It is true, and if you don't believe in it, you will die and go to Hell." No one wants to go to Hell for Eternity, do they? They'd rather send their money to the Christians on the T.V.
So, in closing, "Everyone send me lots of money, PM me for my address, or you will be condemned to Hell. How do I know? SOMEONE TOLD ME! *manical laughter*
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Praise the Lord [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1731512 - 07/20/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember how my mom used to use relgion as a cop out for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars... She still begs forgiveness to this day at her local pedo-thedral. She thinks she is saved, and her aura is dark and probably will be for the rest of her sad life. Do you think since I only ask my own inner being for forgiveness that she is forgiven and I am not?

Sorry for not being Christian.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1731528 - 07/20/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How about this: God exists in all things. We are all a part of it. God is expressed through creation and love. We create, we love. We are God. Hello aspect of divine creation, nice to meet you.

--------------------

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Shroomism]
    #1731558 - 07/20/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Shroomism doesn't beat around the bush. You took thought patern from my head and placed in infront of me. However, most people are not aware of this and feel that there is only one way to be *saved* from ourselves. *laughs*
All one can do is try to understand how they think that, maybe give them something to consider on a friendly note. No way to change anyones thinking, no reason to try and force it. I apologize for my previus post that could have been viewed as "attacking".

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1731567 - 07/20/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

People will think what they want to think, and they will believe what they want to believe, and you can't change it. You can, however, show them alternative viewpoints which they can consider.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Shroomism]
    #1731634 - 07/20/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hello aspect of divine creation, nice to meet you.

Namaste to you too, friend.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1731641 - 07/20/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Two cents short of a dollar.

May ignorance be faith, and faith be ignorant.

Fear not the truth, let us shine in the light of what other tells us to believe :wink:

Blessed be that which tells us what to do, fear those who believe not in us and fear that they challenge our faith with logic.

Faith is fear, you are afraid.

BTW, I'm being sarcastic. 

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Thor]
    #1731648 - 07/20/03 01:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Beautifully constructed with poetry, Thor.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder