Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Going to level 5 twice?
    #1728706 - 07/18/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was curious as to which of you brave souls have ventured into the land of ego-loss, and came back for seconds?

What was your motivation? How was your trip different? What more did you learn from the second one versus the first one? Would you do it again? What did you do differently? Knowing what to expect, what were your expectations entering the trip?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1729815 - 07/19/03 10:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

>>I was curious as to which of you brave souls have ventured into the land of ego-loss, and came back for seconds?

On shrooms I went to level 5 a total of 4 times.

>>What was your motivation?

To trip on shrooms at level 5.  :smile:

>>How was your trip different?

None of the effects of lower doses really seemed to matter much.  Once you start reaching moments of eternity and lose contact with your body...it's an entirely new experience.

>>What more did you learn from the second one versus the first one?

I learned from all four visits to level 5 with shrooms that I prefer ego loss via sober meditation.  Just feels more natural to me..and no anxiety accompanies sober meditation.  Depending on the shroom, some detachment was still a bit anxiety-based. 

>>Would you do it again?

Probably not.

>>Knowing what to expect, what were your expectations entering the trip?

This is probably the largest mistake most trippers make.  Psychedelics are the last experience you want to start making expectations with.  You should treat every trip, regardless of which psychedelic you're dosing, as a new experience.  None of my trips have been 100% identical.  That's part of the appeal of psychedelics that first got me into trying them.

Love & Light,

Boppity

PS - High-level doses of acid and shrooms are incredibly different.  Just because some of their lower doses share similar experiences...don't confuse them at higher doses.  I prefered acid at high levels over shrooms at high level doses.  But that's just me.  :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1730091 - 07/19/03 02:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thats interesting Boppity. What do you find different and unique between shrooms and acid at high doses and why do you prefer the acid?

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: MOTH]
    #1730280 - 07/19/03 04:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms is gewd. :mushroom2: :eyemouth:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: daba]
    #1732565 - 07/20/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

>>What do you find different and unique between shrooms and acid at high doses

Well to begin with...acid visuals were always more intense for me; but in good ways.  With shrooms at high doses it was like the drugs became a huge microscope into my thought patterns and consciousness itself.  Focusing further and further until egoloss occured.

With LSD it was as if the microscope was positioned the other way around; all of my observations became crystaline-clear.  There was such a sense of timelessness to high level LSD trips that is just "different" than the moments of eternity I would experience on shrooms at Level 4/5.  Sorry if my metaphors aren't easy to understand...but I've never really stopped to think out the differences.  :smile:

I also liked ego-loss on LSD a little better than with shrooms; at HIGH DOSES.  Both experiences at low doses are great for meditation and preparing for egoloss...but at high doses shrooms really get "rough" where LSD remained consistent in its intensity.

I did find that I would get muscle aches/tension on high levels of LSD; and sometimes pressure in my face...neither of which shrooms at high levels would produce.  Of course...shrooms at high doses made me nautious whereas LSD never did.  :smile:

Overall I'd have to say the major differences between LSD high level doses (5+ hits at a time) and Level 4/5 shroom trips that I experienced was how my mind was being directly affected by the drug.  Both help remove our "I" perception of reality...but LSD made everything "pristine" or "pure consciousness" whereas shrooms made my own consciousness melt and become something incredibly primal and "earthy"...if that makes sense.  :smile:  Ego loss on acid was profound, ego loss on shrooms was personally profound.  On acid I became one with the universal mind...on shrooms I became one with the universal "no mind."  Sorry...that's the best way I can express the feelings.  :smile:

>>and why do you prefer the acid?

Aside from the muscular aches, which I didn't like at all, the LSD trip in general was just a great experience.  I liked the blow-up phase, enjoyed the peak, and especially enjoyed the comedown.  Very gradual and rhythmic experience.  With shrooms it was more like rolling, intense, not, intense, not, etc.  I didn't quite like that about cubensis.

Hope that answers your questions!  If I'm making no sense whatsoever, just ask and I'll try to clarify.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity 

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1733382 - 07/20/03 11:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks very much for your detailed response!  :smile:  It is really interesting to me to learn what people prefer and what is different for them before the two drugs.  Very cool to hear about it from your perspective! 

-Shade

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: MOTH]
    #1743503 - 07/24/03 02:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I had level 5 twice. Once on about a quarter of mushrooms and once on a looot of LSD.

I prefer the egoloss to LSD as well. They are both pretty different. Egoloss is Egoloss but the journey getting there is very different for both. Acid was like slowly getting swept completly away until there was nothing left (or until everything was left). Shrooms for me were like dying, and being pulled away from everything until you are everything and nothing. The distinction between everything and nothing stops existing once i reach those points. Those explanations are pretty vague but they are the best my vocabulary can come up with. I'd prefer the acid egoloss. The path there was turbulent for me both times, but i think it was moreso with the shroom trip. Once you get there though its not scary cause there is no "you" to be afraid. There just IS. I dunno if any of that made any sense.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineJesus_v2
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1743667 - 07/24/03 04:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hmmmmmm funny, I tend to think that the muscle aches after acid is a sign it was probally cut with too much strictnine or another substance (I know strictnine isnt spelt properly) anyways, I have never done acid, but I think if its GOOD acid, you dont get that, am i wrong?

Offlinelateralus
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1743678 - 07/24/03 04:06 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The whole 'strychnine laced LSD' is a myth. Go to the erowid LSD vault and read 'LSD myths'.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1743819 - 07/24/03 07:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That it is the experience that I shoot for lately, some reasons: first I don?t trip us much 2 or 3 times a year.
Reasons?
I am not sure but I think is like going back to the source, like that is our real home.
The first times ego lose, were kind of freighting experience you feel like you are dying, and I thought I never wanted to experience that again, but after the "dying" also was something very amazing.
The problem is that the "amazing" part is very hard to remember 95% is lost.
But every time I go into it again I bring back a little more of infinity.
Also what helped me a lot was Syrian rue for these endeavors. Plus a nature setting.
But defiantly is not something you wana do every day.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Going to level 5 twice? [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1743864 - 07/24/03 09:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

>>I tend to think that the muscle aches after acid is a sign it was probally cut with too much strictnine

That is a street myth. Strictnine has never been found in any samples of LSD obtained in the US; ever. Erowid has excellent essays on this myth...

>>I have never done acid

That's obvious.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience