Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebongbiotche
Stranger
help! slow mushroom growth using pf-tek
    #1728255 - 07/18/03 06:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hey this is my second time to grow mushrooms using the pf-tek, and i cased about two weeks ago. tiny shrooms started growing on 5 of my 8 cakes about 10 days ago, everything seemed to be going fine and ive managed to harvest about 6 so far, but other than that every mushroom is either growing very slowly or not at all. they are in an aquarium with humidity in the proper range and i fan them a few times daily...any advice to how i can speed these up and get them going again? i had no problems last time i grew and they all came up much faster than this. the strain is pink buffalo...

thanks, matt

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help! slow mushroom growth using pf-tek [Re: bongbiotche]
    #1728392 - 07/18/03 07:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

touch on of the heads and see if it is rotting if not patience may prevail

says kramer

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

OfflineGeneric0
Mushroom
Loc: Mushvill
Re: help! slow mushroom growth using pf-tek [Re: george castanza]
    #1728661 - 07/18/03 09:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is my first grow and the strain is malbar. I had a grow bag that once it fully conolized i took out of the bag and put in a rubermaid box with moist pearlight on the bottem. Well a few days ago pins showed up. They looked more like mushroom balls than mushrooms... Anaway that was 3 days ago now there are lotsa of tiny pins starting and 2 have gotten to about the size of a dime or a lil biger. How long till thes are redy to harvest?

Edited by Generic0 (07/18/03 09:32 PM)

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: help! slow mushroom growth using pf-tek [Re: Generic0]
    #1728689 - 07/18/03 09:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

" using the pf-tek, and i cased about two weeks ago. tiny shrooms started growing on 5 of my 8 cakes "

It's probably just me, but I'm a little confused, you cased but they're still cakes, I don't really understand, as I'm used to cutting them into slices or crumbling when casing.

"ive managed to harvest about 6 so far, but other than that every mushroom is either growing very slowly or not at all. they are in an aquarium with humidity in the proper range and i fan them a few times daily...any advice to how i can speed these up and get them going again? "

6 so far, hmmmm, doesn't sound like an even pinset at all, if it's a casing, but you say they're in a terrarium, so ok, they aren't actually cased I guess. It does sound like it's taking quite while for them to really flush, though, as when I used a terrarium set up (just once as I've cased since then, way better) once a cake started flushing it would turn out something like 8 to 12, plus some aborts, chill out for several days, and then flush some more. 1/4 cup of BRF per jar, right?

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: help! slow mushroom growth using pf-tek [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1728952 - 07/18/03 11:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

He probably means double end cased... That would explain why they are still cakes but cased. It depends how much the mushies you have weigh, maybe you just have huge fruits or something. Are your cakes 1/2 pint? (once I fucked up and used a 4oz cake that had pitiful little fruits). Make sure to fan alot, other than that nothing you can do. As for mushrooms being ready to harvest... it really depends on too many factors to predict accurately. 1 week is a rough estimate.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation