Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: sTePpInGoNsToNeS]
    #1723000 - 07/16/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Oh i see

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1726333 - 07/17/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Vibrant, may the wind guide your soul to that where you can find peace... Rest in Peace my friend - I hope things are ok where you are.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: nubious]
    #1726453 - 07/17/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

People who are Hell-bent on self-destruction will usually succeed at self-destruction. Lots of people here heard the not-so-veiled announcements of finality, whether attempting to leave the Shroomery, or life itself, and tried to intervene. Apparently, ViBrAnT was seeing a psychiatrist, and that individual lost a patient. His family lost a loved one. Shroomerites had the opportunity themselves to witness, helplessly, a descent into madness, and a tragic and desperate act to 'turn it all off' - permanently. For once, I will not wax metaphysical - I will just express sadness, as well as shame for not having responded sooner to this news.

To everyone who regularly visits this virtual place, I want simply to remind people that plays for attention, threats of leaving, and perhaps people's hopes that they will be genuinely asked not to leave, are 'red flags' for this kind of radical exit. So please be patient with individuals who demonstrate these behaviors because even if we were not successful in providing whatever ViBrAnT needed, there may well be lives to save by our collective kindness. Thanks for considering this.

My condolences to sTePpInGsToNeS, and to ViBrAnT's family. Peace be with you all.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1727149 - 07/18/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

not everyone who ventures into "chapel perilous" exits unscathed, or even neccessarily exits at all...
if there is only this one lifetime to learn all that needs to be learned, and if there is some sort of judgement at the end of our life experience, may those who chose the self-ending way be granted mercy because of the pressures that overwhelmed them...
and if there is more than one turn on this wheel of life and death, may they (and we) learn enough from this time around to help us grow deeper as humans the next time around...
and if this life is all there is and ever will be... may there be final rest...
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: gnrm23]
    #1727171 - 07/18/03 07:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

+++Amen+++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinec_mathimatics
kaok
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1727338 - 07/18/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

He already opened the door. I could see it. All he had to do is wait for the crazyness of it all to settle before he found his peace and tranquility.

As he probably already knew, "death is not a way out of it."

Maybe he will be set up with a life of experiences to compensate for the events that happened this life time - although we usually attempt to set ourselves up to take off where we left off last time around.

I pray we are misinformed, he just had so much knowledge and experience to share with the world. ;( ;( ;( ;(

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: c_mathimatics]
    #1727346 - 07/18/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't been a member of this community for long and I never even had the chance to get to know him, but still I was shocked, although it seems strange, that a member of this community could choose that path,  it saddens me deeply. Whatever his demons were, perhaps they were too much for anyone here to change his mind or to help with. I just want to stress that there are many people here, including myself, that are willing to listen to your problems and at the very least give you a shoulder to cry on. I know, from my brief time here that there is a lot of flaming and arguments. But there is also a lot of feeling and in a way a bond between all of us, it is shame that one of our brothers felt that suicide was the only option left... Just remember we are all here to connect and inform eachother regardless of our differences. Whether it be class or race...  Peace and Love to you all

and God Speed Vibrant  :sad:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1727563 - 07/18/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Why do threads like this one get so much attention?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Sclorch]
    #1727605 - 07/18/03 12:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ViBrAnT was a member of the Shroomery community, and a regular in the S&P. It's one thing when a Shroomery member passes away (I believe someone did earlier this year), it's quite another when they take their own lives, all the while showing the signs over the months. I think suicide leaves a bigger impact than a natural death, or accidental death since "those things happen" and are inevitable.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1727632 - 07/18/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ViBrAnT communicated with us just a week ago, and now he is dead because he killed himself. Why shouldn't threads about ViBrAnT after his death get attention? Isn't it a perfectly normal human reaction? You yourself even bothered to post exactly the same question in two such threads.

Would you prefer it if we ignored death?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1727656 - 07/18/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just asked a question.
This isn't about death, it's about drama.

Just think of the pain Vibrant caused his family and friends with his selfish act. Don't call me coldhearted... it's just that I've known several people who have done the same thing. They were selfish people in general... and in the end. Sure, it's tragic... but all this attention and talk is exactly what Vibrant wanted. Ego.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1727752 - 07/18/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

and what are you gaining from posting this? ego.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: ]
    #1727957 - 07/18/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This whole forum is an outlet for ego. How many people post here with no ego? I'm guessing none since people can't type very well while in a state of egoloss.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: ]
    #1728190 - 07/18/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

and what are you gaining from posting this? ego.

I gain nothing. Others may gain perspective.

Actually, I think I probably lose a little, because my comments have probably irked a few of you. Though that was an expected, incidental casualty of my point.

I wouldn't have posted in this thread (my initial post was merely the 4th response) had I known how much attention it was to recieve. This thread alone (in four days) has almost eclipsed the number of views the Philosophy Links thread has recieved in the past eight months!

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1728211 - 07/18/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it was an incidental cause, not casualty. or causalty.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Malachi]
    #1728219 - 07/18/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No, casualty is the right word... I'm not here to piss anyone off... just make them think.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1728233 - 07/18/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: Malachi]
    #1728611 - 07/18/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If he had a brain tumor - that may very well have caused his mood swings - because they can affect emotional regulation.

Sclorch let me quote Markos

"To everyone who regularly visits this virtual place, I want simply to remind people that plays for attention, threats of leaving, and perhaps people's hopes that they will be genuinely asked not to leave, are 'red flags' for this kind of radical exit. So please be patient with individuals who demonstrate these behaviors because even if we were not successful in providing whatever ViBrAnT needed, there may well be lives to save by our collective kindness. Thanks for considering this."

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlinesoulflyer
Exploringmusichead!

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Re: ViBrAnT is dead... [Re: enotake2]
    #1729191 - 07/18/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein

Anonymous

#1729811 - 07/19/03 08:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:

That should be obvious to anyone. It should also be obvious that remarks like yours would also get attention. Much like Albino Jesus' when she doubted his death.

You wanted attention and so did she. Both questions were posited in order to seek attention, negative attention at that.

But the fact is that we all have our drama. It is called life. Perhaps you can't accept that.

The most poignant remarks were made by Markos. I agree with them.

Tragic, just tragic.

We all go through our loses and deal with them the best way we know how. I suggest a great book for this kind of thing called, "On Death and Dying".

Lastly, if you wish the last word on this you may have it. For I will not respond to you in this thread again. Thank you for your original condolences.

Peace

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder