Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES
    #1728020 - 07/18/03 05:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

for each trip level what are the dosages required?,such as a level 2 you have to eat 1.5 - 2g and so on.
the numbers i used are porbly wroug,i'm just looking for an approximate scale which i can determine the level i want to reach

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShannon2633
Stranger
Loc: New York
Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: charvo]
    #1728035 - 07/18/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I would think it varies depending on the person and the potency of what you take...

ie my bf can take 6g's and be on the same level as me at 4g's

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Shannon2633]
    #1728051 - 07/18/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

ya i asumed there would variables it's kinda hard to answer that but thought;just maybe!LOL
thanx for posting

--------------------

OfflineShannon2633
Stranger
Loc: New York
    #1728054 - 07/18/03 05:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im not entirely sure if I was right someone may have made some kind of guideline or what not but I just dont pay attention to that shit...

If Im not fucked up enough, I eat more... If Im too fucked up, I still eat more... until i am too fucked up to realize I havnt eaten any more...

same goes for drinking.

lol

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Shannon2633]
    #1728269 - 07/18/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinePurple Haze
Lime and limpidgreen, a secondscene

Loc: Canada
    #1728341 - 07/18/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

it all depends on your mood and setting...

I can relate my most intense shroom experience was maybe with 2,5g-3g dried in my room, during the afternoon, right after I got some shit from my dad... I was pretty depressed and felt like fuck it, let's trip... I went into the nothing where I floated within a world all grey and empty with no time, no sound, no nothing....

obviously it's not really an enjoyable setting and blah but it was quite intense

there's no 2g = level 2 or such scale for mushrooms

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#1728962 - 07/18/03 11:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You should remember that the "trip levels" are just a guide. They have no physical reality, and I think they misrepresent the action of these drugs. The effects of mushrooms clearly seem to be linearly dependent on dose.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1729313 - 07/19/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The effects of mushrooms clearly seem to be linearly dependent on dose.

I wouldn't agree with this at all.
Sure, more mushrooms = trip harder, but beyond that it is impossible to describe the relation between effects and dose.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: zeta]
    #1729329 - 07/19/03 03:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zeta said:
. . . it is impossible to describe the relation between effects and dose.

The above is an example of an exaggeration.

"Impossible"? No. Not at all. You just described it. There's a clear linear response in terms of dose and effects.

I think that you're confusing describing the effects, with dose-response curve.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: zeta]
    #1729360 - 07/19/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sure, more mushrooms = trip harder

Maybe in the bodyload sense, but psychedelics arn't like beer. I've had stronger trips off 3 grams than I have off 10. Set and setting are often more important than dose.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Xlea321]
    #1729369 - 07/19/03 03:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said: I've had stronger trips off 3 grams than I have off 10.

And how do you know the amount of psilocin / psilocybin that was in each dose?

Quote:

Set and setting are often more important than dose.

In some senses, yes, but I was referring strictly to actual physiological response. Set and setting would also be important with placebo response. That obviously has nothing to do with dose response curves.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1729506 - 07/19/03 05:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno, I think it's different for everyone. For me at least there's a huge difference between 3.5gm and 4.0 gm.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineSteevil
is cool

Loc: UK
Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: kaiowas]
    #1729571 - 07/19/03 06:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think it's really possible to quantify it at all without just testing them out.

For example, when I first started I ordered a grow kit over the internet. It took 40 wet grammes to get to around a level 3 (assuming for the sake of argument the level system works). When I then took those spores and grew my own with the PF tek, it only took 28 wet grammes to get way up there, 4 or 5, hard to say.

I'd suggest using the dosage calculator to work out a level 1 or 2 and try it, then next time adjust for it. Then again, it could just waste your shrooms and your evening if nothing happens.

--------------------
All the days of his vow of separation no razor shall pass over his head. He shall be holy ... he shall let the locks of hair on his head grow long.

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Steevil]
    #1729636 - 07/19/03 07:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thanx everyone, i'm tring tea for the first time today i uesd 2.5g for it.my setting will be good i hope, i'm going tubing on a river. i do rly good when i trip outside and have tree's and grass or water things like are nice for me anyway.so i'll fill ya'll in when tomorrow when i get back.

--------------------

OfflinePsilo707
Entheonaut

Loc: Bay Area, California
    #1729810 - 07/19/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Setting and mood really does affect a trip as much as amount of psilocybin ingested, I'm sure of it. I'm in the same boat as Alex in the sense that I've tripped off 3.5g harder than I have off 6g. Of the same mushrooms - near-exact same psilocybin content, same caps/stems ratio eaten, etc.

It's definitely not like beer. Sure, the more eaten, the more *possible* chance of a max.peak intensity, but things can go either way... especially if a bad trip begins to occur.

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Psilo707]
    #1730691 - 07/19/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well i'm back,we ended up going to the lake instead of tubing but it was cool. i did not trip like i thought i would, i didn't get much higher than a level 1.i made tea out aborts i used 2.5g.i've eaten that before and wigg my balls off so i'm not sure WTF happen.i made the tea last night so it would ready for me today,can the just sit over night and still be fine.i would imagine so,i have no straight answers here.could have very well been my mood set,i do good trip in nature it's my peacful place if know what i mean.

--------------------

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Psilo707]
    #1731246 - 07/20/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilo707 said:
Setting and mood really does affect a trip as much as amount of psilocybin ingested, I'm sure of it. I'm in the same boat as Alex in the sense that I've tripped off 3.5g harder than I have off 6g. Of the same mushrooms - near-exact same psilocybin content, same caps/stems ratio eaten, etc.

And what you're saying, like Alex123 is saying, negates both my assertion that the effects are linearly dose dependent and negates the possibility of adhering to "levels", except as a general guideline. If set and setting have such pronounced effects, then expecting a level based system will become a part of the experience.

Do some reflection though, on any of these trips, is the "rise" phase of the trip linear, or does it exhibit clear jumps in levels? I've always found it, and most reports I've read agree, that the effects increase linearly with time.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1752956 - 07/27/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms off one cake, grinded in a coffee grinder and mixed together in capsules. 12 capsules produced far more powerful trips than 40 capsules.

In some senses, yes, but I was referring strictly to actual physiological response

There may be more physical bodyload with a heavier dose, but that has little to do with how intense the trip is. The brain only has so many receptors. Timothy Leary experimented with giving people 1000ug doses while telling them it was a 250ug dose and no-one could ever tell the difference. If you tell someone "I am giving you a big dose" they are more likely to trip harder but it's largely the placebo effect.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: TRIP LEVELS AND DOSAGES [Re: Xlea321]
    #1754327 - 07/28/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Mushrooms off one cake, grinded in a coffee grinder and mixed together in capsules. 12 capsules produced far more powerful trips than 40 capsules.

Acceptable.

Quote:

In some senses, yes, but I was referring strictly to actual physiological response

There may be more physical bodyload with a heavier dose, but that has little to do with how intense the trip is. The brain only has so many receptors. Timothy Leary experimented with giving people 1000ug doses while telling them it was a 250ug dose and no-one could ever tell the difference. If you tell someone "I am giving you a big dose" they are more likely to trip harder but it's largely the placebo effect.

I've heard of those studies by Leary before, though never actually read them. I do believe them however. I think I used poor reasoning in trying to argue that the level system doesn't adequately reflect the experience of the 5HT2A agonist hallucinogens. Instead of comparing experiences separated by substantial amounts of time, where even two equal doses could possibly produce different "levels" of effects, consider the rise phase of the trip (as in my above post). Does the experience increase linearly for you, or in a series of levels?

I'm only trying to make a small point, and I feel you've helped add to it. If the effects of one dose are largely unpredictable in terms of hallucinogenic effects, and if the "levels" have no clear distinction between them, then asking, "How much X should I take to hit level Y?" Has no real answer.

It doesn't really matter.

Offlinenari
Antagonist

#12832947 - 07/01/10 05:13 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

i think the level depends on strain and my mood setting..
once i tripped around level 4 with just 2.5 g (PR)

Other time i tripped like level 2 on same amount (GT??)

I would trip level 5  definitely with any kind eating 5+ g

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports