Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #17831066 - 02/19/13 03:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

So wait, are the mushrooms going to be eaten as mushrooms or purely used to harvest their medicinal chemicals?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFGNunes
Oyster

Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: User_7]
    #17831158 - 02/19/13 04:05 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

User_7 said:
So wait, are the mushrooms going to be eaten as mushrooms or purely used to harvest their medicinal chemicals?

Hi thanks for the reply, yes more or less, if "that" mushroom can be used for both proposes that is great is 2 in 1, if that is not possible, then this project is so big that needs to be cultivated to be harvest for medicinal chemicals extracted for medical and health proposes based on natural compounds, the project doesnt involve only mushrooms is also plants, erbs etc etc whatever can be found in nature. I search a good mushroom to suply.

regards
F.

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: FGNunes]
    #17831736 - 02/19/13 05:51 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I understand that you need it to be found in that forest, but what I was trying to get at earlier is that just because it wasn't at the mushroom fair doesn't mean it doesn't grow there. Different mushrooms grow at different times, and either way there is no way they would have collected every species in the forest.

Offlinediablo33180
Spaghetti Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, FL Flag
Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: Ran-D]
    #17831906 - 02/19/13 06:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

wow great job love it !

--------------------

OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: diablo33180]
    #17834432 - 02/20/13 07:04 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well for the sake of extraction, Trametes versicolor (Turkey Tail) seems like a very good option, however I believe they're not very good to eat as a culinary mushroom. Flammulina velutipes (Enoki), has medicinal properties, can be eaten as a culinary mushroom and should be easy enough to cultivate, so that's good too.

Also as someone pointed out earlier there's probably a few species in the genus Ganoderma growing in your forest. They have lots of medicinal applications so you should try and find which grow locally.

You've got a lot more research (and investment) to do in order to produce harvests on a commercial scale though. If it's such a lucrative contract perhaps you should consider employing a medicinal mushroom cultivation expert.

Best of luck :thumbup:

OfflineFGNunes
Oyster

Re: mushrooms event (100 species between edible, non edible and toxic) [Re: User_7]
    #17836308 - 02/20/13 02:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

User_7 said:
Well for the sake of extraction, Trametes versicolor (Turkey Tail) seems like a very good option, however I believe they're not very good to eat as a culinary mushroom. Flammulina velutipes (Enoki), has medicinal properties, can be eaten as a culinary mushroom and should be easy enough to cultivate, so that's good too.

Also as someone pointed out earlier there's probably a few species in the genus Ganoderma growing in your forest. They have lots of medicinal applications so you should try and find which grow locally.

You've got a lot more research (and investment) to do in order to produce harvests on a commercial scale though. If it's such a lucrative contract perhaps you should consider employing a medicinal mushroom cultivation expert.

Best of luck :thumbup:

Thanks for the info.

I will search on that mushrooms you and the others friends pointed me, i will also search about the genus Ganoderma if it grows here, it would be great if this one can grow in our Laural forest, that is very important for comercial proposes (export).

One of the main "rule" for this project all extracts should be done from plants erbs mushrooms etc which grows (even cultivated) on our laural forest so that is one of the main acceptance factor.

regards, thanks again
F.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale