Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshakta
Infidel
time between flushes on PF cakes
    #1727746 - 07/18/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Alright my friend's cakes have started fruiting over the last week or so and he has two questions. After harvesting a flush, and dunking how long before more pins form? Why do all the shrooms on the cake seem to break their veils at the same time even if they are small? His two cakes that have fruited had one big shroom and several smaller ones, and all the veils seem to open at the same time. Last thing is there a way to put a shroom back on a cake if you accidentally break it off? I doubt it, but I thought I would ask.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: shakta]
    #1728292 - 07/18/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone?

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1728334 - 07/18/03 05:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lol putting the shroom back i like that!!!
what strain is it?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: george castanza]
    #1728347 - 07/18/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I read a post some where that said that some one put a pin back on a cake and it grew, or some thing like that. I guess that it just depends on how long its been off and how big it is.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1728362 - 07/18/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I figured it was a long shot. I read the same post, so I brought it up as an afterthought. Hopefully the dunking and rolling in verm will make them pin in different spots a bit better. Thus far all of his cakes have only pinned in one group. So there has been a pin on both of them that did not get a chance to grow because it came off with the others.

My real question is how long between flushes after a dunk, and why they mature at the same time, regardless of size?

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1728366 - 07/18/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I always pick them as they mature and there are always pins forming for me but I do hear about people picking all the mushrooms at the same time then letting another flush come,and that is a frist to here all the veils breaking at the same time unless they all are starting to mature at the same time and in that case that would be a good thing becase you can pick them all at once and if need be print them all at once.
Quote:

Last thing is there a way to put a shroom back on a cake if you accidentally break it off?

yeah just take some white glue and paste that sucker back on there in the same spot.hahah just kidding no you can't put it back on if it falls off and it sounds like your friend is growing B+ mushrooms because they tend to have one or so really big mushrooms and they get so big that they fall of the cakes that is normal.why do you get one or so big ones?it's because the mycelium is given all the nutrients the that srongest growing mushrooms and B+ tend to do that alot.here's a pic of some B+ mushrooms

note:most mushrooms can get one or two big mushrooms and the rest small ones not just B+ but this is very common for the B+ to do this

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1728376 - 07/18/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

differn't strains take differnt' amounts of time
a week or two either way

pukes kramer

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: george castanza]
    #1728518 - 07/18/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OK, thanks guys. My friend has some AFR incubating right now for his next experiment. I think he wants to try some EQ or PR next. Mexicubes look pretty cool too. He also really wants to try the Texas strain at some point, since he lives there, but has not seen much info about them. Just so there is no confusion, the pins that come off are on the same spot of the myc as the mature ones. He has not gotten any monsters yet, but one had a broken veil this morning, and he let it go until he got home from work, and they had doubled in size! Is twice as much shroom stronger than half as much with the veil attached still? Quantity over 'quality'?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1728581 - 07/18/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

PR's colonized nice for my kitten! :-) She's trying EQ next time!

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: MOTH]
    #1729035 - 07/18/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, and fruits yet? The B+ is cool, but my buddies wants to try all kinds of strains just to observe the differences.

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1730193 - 07/19/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, Psilocybin_monkey, you CAN put a pin back on a cake, but probably not on a casing. I am the one who made the original post about this. When my
ex-roommate was growing, he had an EQ cake with small pins, and he opened the jar and accidentally knocked down a pin (he was growing invitro). He told me that the pin rolled along the side of the cake as the jar was being lifted, and the pin ended up on the top of the cake. He was both lazy and frustrated, so he just left it there, figuring that it was better to leave the dislodged pin there than to try to open the jar yet again and risk knocking other pins down.

We were both very surprised to see that it grew to be quite big! Remember, the entire mushroom is made of the same mycelium as the cake, so if it touches the cake and it is not yet mature, then it can absorb nutrients and continue to get bigger until it matures. Unlike a plant, a mushroom doesn't have roots, so it doesn't need to be connected to the substrate in any specific way to get bigger; it just needs to be touching it.

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: time between flushes on PF cakes [Re: megaman3]
    #1730295 - 07/19/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

kramer picked a good sized shroom one time and just sat it down and forgot about it
about 3 days later it had grew 2-3 more inches and broke it's veil
it was sitting on plastic
the point:mycelium is some bad ass shit that wants to live

says kramer

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck