Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

#1727724 - 07/18/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what's with this drinking age business? what a load of shit...

i do believe it should be 18. it should be 18, and drunk driving, should be a serious, serious offense...

here in PA, we've got this thing called ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition). it's a probation program where if you keep clean for a year, whatever you did gets taken off your record. the catch is that you can only get it once. ARD was created so that 1st time drunk driving offenders could get off the hook, with no license suspension or permanent record. what the hell is that?

people should get NAILED for driving drunk... and people who are adults, but not yet 21, who wish to drink but not drive at the same time, should be permitted to do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewingnutx

Re: 21 [Re: ]
    #1727770 - 07/18/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think you'll find a lot of opposition here.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: 21 [Re: wingnutx]
    #1728834 - 07/18/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: 21 [Re: Cornholio]
    #1728922 - 07/18/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's kind of hypocritical that kids can be sent to fight in a war at the age of 18, but are not allowed to drink.

I don't think kids should be sent to war at all.

Old enough to breed, old enough to bleed I guess.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

Re: 21 [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1728932 - 07/18/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

both "old enough to breed, old enough to bleed" and "..bleed, old enough to breed" are tarded
reminds me of someone putting a ribbon "DONATE BLOOD" on a pro-war poster...

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1728944 - 07/18/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinethepaul500
a pissed offloser
Loc: Chicago
    #1733512 - 07/20/03 10:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i really dont think the drinking age matters at all when alcohol is so damn easy to come by for minors anyways, so, if you really want to lower the drinking age so our 18 year old soldiers can die as they are getting drunk in iraq, thats fine, just perhaps we should be more worried about under age 18 drinking, and drinking and driving, then a lousy 3 years

--------------------
Beer is proof that God loves us. -Ben Franklin

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 21 [Re: thepaul500]
    #1733668 - 07/20/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm more worried about underage dieing in war than underage drinking.

BTW children in the military don't have much trouble getting alcohol.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1734028 - 07/21/03 02:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thepaul: I think it matters, because youth culture is based on rebellion, so if alcohol is something the youth can rebel with, they will not use it responsibly. If the age was lowered, alcohol would be able to become more integrated into youth culture, and it wouldnt be such a Crazy WOOOOH! LETS GET FUCKED UP! kinda drug.

well....maybe/maybe not.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Anonymous

Re: 21 [Re: thepaul500]
    #1734344 - 07/21/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it does matter when you're walking home from a party one night and a cop on campus stops you for no reason, says he can smell alcohol on you (an outright lie) and gives you a breathilizer, which measures a .06 and you lose your driver's license for 3 months and have to take an alcohol class which costs $300.

that's right. in PA, if you're under 21 and have any measurable amount of alcohol in you, they nail you with all this shit and take your license away for three months, even if you're nowhere near a car.

if you ARE 21 and you ARE drunk and you ARE driving, you get in less trouble; you get ARD.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1734578 - 07/21/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BTW children in the military don't have much trouble getting alcohol.

The base where i was stationed, the age to drink was 18 but you had to be in the military (no family members)..and drink inside the facility.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1734810 - 07/21/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

it does matter when you're walking home from a party one night and a cop on campus stops you for no reason, says he can smell alcohol on you (an outright lie) and gives you a breathilizer, which measures a .06 and you lose your driver's license for 3 months and have to take an alcohol class which costs $300.

This happened to you? I sure as shit don't know the laws in PA,but that sounds blatantly illegal. They can't just make you take a sobriety test on command. For fuck's sake,here in Florida they can't technically even make you take a sobriety test for a DUI ,you'll lose your license indefinately and you can still be convicted,but they can't make you take one. I can understand if you were walking around with a beer, as that would be blatant public intoxication,but that still doesn't require a breathilizer.For all he knew,you had just taken Benadryl or something. You got royally fucked my friend.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1734957 - 07/21/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I can drive responsibly after a few beers.  I would not drive drunk though.  Still my limit, and the laws limit are different, but i should not face consequenses unless there is an accident, in which case, if it were my fault, i'd take full responcibility drunk or not-drunk.

The BC premier can get caught drunk driving in hawaii, and keep his office.....i don't even think anything more than some fines were levied. :mad:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Re: 21 [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1735110 - 07/21/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I admit,from time to time I will drive intoxicated. I know my limits though,even if I don't feel drunk or that I took too many pills or whatever,I consider exactly how much I took anyway as these things can effect your judgement. I know if I took 3 mg of Xanax and it's been two hours,it's not a good idea to drive. I try to find a sober observer to tell me if I seem too fucked up,if they in any way indicate that I am,I will not drive. I'm always super careful and sober people have confirmed I drive fine.I've never been in an accident or gotten a ticket. I don't recommend what I do,but I think I have good judgement. Impulsive people should never do these kinds of things.

I do think intoxicated people should definately be punished,but the punishment should fit the crime. If you are barely over the legal limit and you aren't swerving or anything like that,and you have a good driving record,I don't think you should get jail time.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: 21 [Re: monoamine]
    #1735130 - 07/21/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly, the punishment should fit the crime. Not everyone can control themselves though which is why we have the shitty laws we do,... but that ain't gunna stop me from going home at 2am after i've sobered up some from the dozen beers i had earlier around 8.

And it really pisses me off how our premier got off scott free, when he was totally smashed swerving and everything!

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1735493 - 07/21/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, it happened to me. it wasn't illegal because the cop had reasonable suspicion; he "smelled alcohol". bullshit eh? that's what the cops do around there.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1735505 - 07/21/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have a criminal record because I was walking home with a bottle (4 blocks!) when a squad of nazi bike cops descended on me.

a friend of mine blew a ridiculously high blood alcohol, had a fake ID, and was doing 30 miles over the speed limit. he got some fines and a suspended license for like a month.

I tried to run from the cops so I got 40 hours of bitch labor and tons of fines. my bail was over $500 more than my friends.

At least the cops didn't call me a nigger (he's of east indian descent)

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1735745 - 07/21/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Even if he did have "reasonable suspicion" I don't think they can force you to take a sobriety test. Did he ask for consent in any way?

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1735847 - 07/21/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Face it...they can really do whatever they want, and good luck doing anything about it later.  The cop illegally searched me, and my vehicle, didn't find anything but my tweezers which were for work, and had BCIT stamped on it.  I had to take a drug test ($60), pay for the tow ($80), and after numerous letters didn't get a record.....i decided not to follow through with nailing the pig, as i was out of money. :frown: :mad:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1735893 - 07/21/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah,I know.They basically do as they wish.You could have done something though,like filing a complaint with internal affairs, or email the ACLU. Yeah,it might not do much,but it's certainly better than nothing. People have to stand up for their rights,or they will continue to be violated.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

Anonymous

#1735994 - 07/21/03 06:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

they need to have 2 reasons to think you've been drinking to get you. that doesn't have to include a field test. i could have said, "no officer, i'm not going to take a field sobriety test. i haven't been drinking this evening.", and he'd say, "we'll that's just fine son. i can smell alcohol on you and i can see that your eyes are a little bloodshot, plus it sounds like your speech is a little slurred... it sure seems to me like you've been drinking. if you haven't, why not just take this test to prove it?"

you see, they can do whatever they want.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1736203 - 07/21/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They can do alot more if you Let them.

Don't be a victim. Stand up for your rights.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

#1736810 - 07/21/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

First of all,I would like to say I'm not critizing you in any way. I don't know what I would have done in your situation exactly.Pigs can be pretty goddamn intimidating,they're trained in sneaky ways to get consent and such.
What if you refused the test though? How could he have proved you were drinking? Shit,that alcohol was from from that mouthwash I used.I'm slurring my speach? Sorry officer,I have a natural speach impediment.I seem uncoordinated,that's the Benadryl I took earlier.
You should have stuck to your guns and flat I said "I do not give my consent for a sobriety test."

Quote:

if you haven't, why not just take this test to prove it?"

Why not,it's totally demeaning? I mean how far are they going to go,take blood samples? It wouldn't surprise me.

God I hate fucking pigs. Karma's a motherfucking and that sack of shit will get what's coming to him one day.

--------------------
Douglas Adams

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1736857 - 07/21/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

it doesn't matter if you refuse. cops are the new masons.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Anonymous

#1737417 - 07/22/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i don't think you guys are understanding the situation. the cop did not step outside the boundaries of what he's legally allowed to do (in any way i could ever prove), nor did he violate my legal rights (in any way i could ever prove). had i truely not been drinking, and had i refused a test and him had given me all this harassment about how he could tell i was drinking (again, just lies) and then consent to a test and it come up negative... even then, even if it came up negative, i'd still have no room to make a stink about things. i'd have had no way to prove that he didn't really think i'd been drinking.

basically, the way the laws are written, the cops here can give you a breathilizer on suspicion that they invent. they can actually charge you with underage drinking on evidence they invent (they do have to give you a breathilizer if you ask for it though, in which case, you could prove your innocence). unless the laws change (they won't), there's nothing anyone can do about it.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1738053 - 07/22/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

grandmasterfat said:
Yeah,I know.They basically do as they wish.You could have done something though,like filing a complaint with internal affairs, or email the ACLU. Yeah,it might not do much,but it's certainly better than nothing. People have to stand up for their rights,or they will continue to be violated.

Yeah, but i forgot to mention i had been laid off that day, so i was unemployed, and needed to get a job, rather than get stuck in a process i can't afford to make work for me.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1738059 - 07/22/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
They can do alot more if you Let them.

Don't be a victim. Stand up for your rights.

Oh, they love a smart ass! My friend asked a cop who was yelling at a homeless person camped at a tennis court why he was so unprofessional......MY FRIEND, ended up being locked up for a couple hours, and having to walk home!

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1738132 - 07/22/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, but i forgot to mention i had been laid off that day,

I thought you worked for the g/f's family? Did you piss her off or was this before that?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: 21 [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1738138 - 07/22/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No this was two years ago....the spring before the fall i started working for my g/f family business.

I was still trying to work in aviation then.....i had a structures technition degree, but that was also after 9/11, and the industry wasn't doing so well.

I worked at a labour center that summer, and learned the meaning of bitch work.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #1738360 - 07/22/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In california, as far as i know, when you get your license, you have agreed to take a field sobriety test at any time.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: 21 [Re: psikooz]
    #1738407 - 07/22/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, don't think thats what its like here, but i was talking to the tow driver who got my truck and he told me all about how this cop is notorious for doing this shit, and how he's given poor people like me rides time and time again....

A powertripping fuck out to compensate for his own inabilities.....
In fact what kind of self respecting person could be a cop?!...you have to want that power in one form or another, and it would always make you think your doing good while enforcint the law..

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: 21 [Re: Malachi]
    #1739527 - 07/22/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:
I tried to run from the cops so I got 40 hours of bitch labor and tons of fines. my bail was over $500 more than my friends.

Sounds like you got what you deserved for running from the police to me.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom