Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Over watering Substrate
    #1726198 - 07/17/03 10:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, AFOAF of mine is trying to grow for the first time he is using the PF-Tek but he thinks he may have over watered the substrate the instructions say that when you tilt bowl you should see water slowly coming from the substrate the bowl was to full to tilt but later on when the bowl was half empty he tried but no water came from the verm\BRF. If anything that would mean there isnt enought water. After boiling, the substrate in the jar looked kinda mushy like it was mushed right up against the glass and had a slimy kinda look to it. Is over watering bad? will it eventually get dry enough to colonize? Do you think its over watered? any information will help and if anybody could post pics of what their substrate looks like after being boiled/Pc'd or a day or two after innoculation that would also be well appriciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: Over watering Substrate [Re: ]
    #1726231 - 07/17/03 10:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

One time added water with just vermiculite and one time with vermiculite and BRF. Both times used the turn container to the side and look for water. Both times incubated to completion with no problems so I think you're ok there. I'm waiting for the fruiting stage so we'll see. But the incubation stage I got down. And from my limited experience don't worry so much with PF Tek cakes.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation