Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I'm growing for the first time and I just have some questions that I don't know the answer to.
1. can a contaminated substrate produce mushrooms? 2. how can you tell the difference between mushrooms grown from a contaminated substrate and an uncontaminated one? 3. during my spawn run there was some mold growing in my substrate. so i dumped loads of salt onto and around the mold. I couldn't see the mold underneath all the salt so I decided it was safe to case it. Now it's almost ready to fruit. are the mushrooms going to be safe to eat?
1. Sometimes, it all depends on the contaminant specie.
2. Mushrooms grown in contaminated substrates are often smaller in size, they can show signs of deformation and often don't get fully developed. Note there are contaminants which don't slow down mushroom growth but can "infect" the crop with dangerous toxins.
3. Describe the mold. Anyway, if it was a small patch which disappeared after treatment it should be fine.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte 458 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]