Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemmmpie
Stranger
long- term effects
    #1725786 - 07/17/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'm new here. hm..well..i think i'm going to be trying shrooms for my first time kinda soon. i know this has probably been asked a couple of times..but..what are the long-term effects of mushrooms? like..i heard after..large trips..being the keyword...like months later seeing visuals..like 'melting' wallpaper and stuff. could this happen from a mild dose...maybe like a few mild doses a year..and maybe a large trip? and could this happen from one mild trip? is there..any cognitive difficulty that you've noticed..like..not being able to understand things in the way you used to..or..memory loss..or..just being plain 'stupid' after one trip?..which i'm sure wouldn't happen...the 'stupid' part that is. would a mild dose really make you a different person in the long run? like..can't explain it..haha..just..make you noticabely different..you noticing it and maybe others too. like..a difference in the way you think and your personality permanently. sorry for the bombardment of all the questions. and i'm not TOO new to psychadelics..i've done marijuana, salvia, and nitrous if you count that. thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: long- term effects [Re: mmmpie]
    #1726071 - 07/17/03 10:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

it all depends.... does anyone in your family have a history of mental illness....

if not your probably fine...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Offlinemmmpie
Stranger
Re: long- term effects [Re: JohnnyR]
    #1726170 - 07/17/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my grandpa turned literally crazy. but..i think it was environmental..and..there was just something about him. i'm not like him at all. who knows though. hm.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1726419 - 07/18/03 12:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As long as you keep to moderation, you should be fine. I doubt that would bring about HPPD (do a search on here for HPPD), and walls don't just start melting by themselves. What you may notice is that sometimes you may be able to make something appear to breathing (relax your eyes, like staring at a Magic Eye book, and the carpet looks like it's wavy and breathing), but objects don't just bend and morph while you're going about your normal everyday life. You may have noticed that after you started smoking pot, you may start looking at things in a different way before you had touched it (or seen things you just might not have realised until you got stoned). It's usually not overwhelming, and it doesn't get in the way of living a normal life at all, and it's barely noticable. In fact, everything is just normal, you just notice new things in your surroundings.
Change? Well, yes, it does bring about changes in your personality. Don't look at this in a negative way - you may realise things you hadn't before, you may look at life in a new way, you feel like a whole new person, you feel lighter, etc. It's not something that gets hardwired into your brain after a trip, it's just the things that you've experienced crossing over into your normal life, and you starting to look at things in a way you've never done before. You may see the beauty of life much clearer, or be a much happier, carefree person. Some people might react negatively, but that's not too common, and some reasons may be a very large dose, harsh/bad trip, or learning something that they didn't want to. It all depends on the person, everyone reacts differently to psychedelics.
I don't notice that I'm stupid when I've come down. The day after is basically a kind of "hang over" for some. You feel a bit tired, worn out, mentally exhausted sometimes. You may also feel relieved, overwhelmingly happy, sometimes you can feel depressed the next day. It's not permanent, it's just the day after effects, and should be gone by the end of the week (and most of the time it doesn't last longer than a day). In some people, it MAY have longer lasting impacts, but once again, that depends on the person, the dose, and how often they dose.

I wouldn't worry about being permanently changed and it being noticable in others. It's not like you wake up and you're a completely different person, and no choice about it. It's more like you've had a great experience, you've learnt things, understood things, etc, and you may live your life differently from that day forward. Or you can choose to stay the same, it's really up to you.

Anyways, none of this is scientific proven fact, but do some reading on the FAQs here, and at www.erowid.org and have a look through all the side effects to get a better understanding of what might happen, and what usually does, etc.

Offlinemmmpie
Stranger
Re: long- term effects [Re: Sheepish]
    #1726681 - 07/18/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

sheepish, thanks alot for the time you took to answer the question. it helped me out tons, and i better understand all of my questions. seriously. thanks again.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
    #1727512 - 07/18/03 01:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah what he said

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: long- term effects [Re: Sheepish] * 1
    #1727650 - 07/18/03 02:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Good post sheepish.

I think it's also worth mentioning that mushrooms are probably the best anti-depressant known to man. There's a very good likelihood they'll help tremendously with any depression you might have. Psilocybin seems to alter the brain chemistry like anti-depressants only a lot more effectively and with a lot fewer side-effects. And of course you don't have to take them every day. My guess is you'll feel good for quite a few weeks.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: long- term effects [Re: Xlea321]
    #1728724 - 07/18/03 10:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sheepish nailed it. I was gonna say a change in your perspective of life in general is perhaps the most notable consequence, and that's a positive thing, I believe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience